Author Topic: Mike Mentzer training on HITting biceps  (Read 12172 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Mike Mentzer training on HITting biceps
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 10:10:37 AM »
I would've burst out laughing trying to curl with Mentzer droning on like that.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:23:05 AM »
Yeah, real genius there.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »
Yeah, real genius there.

To be fair Mentzer was clearly in his drug-induced downward spiral at that point.

affy

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:44:22 AM »
i can't believe i tried that shit for a week

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:11:24 AM »
Do you sound like Mike did there?

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 11:52:47 AM »
hahah when I tried that my arms went numb on that last few reps. Totally insane.
~

ParisAlexander

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 12:19:18 PM »
he reminds me of johnny knoxville when he dresses up like an old man in the jackass movies.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 02:42:18 PM »

everyone tries HIT for a week or two.

it looks so good on paper

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 02:44:59 PM »

Damn, I was on it for about 6 weeks. It's size for the sacrifice of strength.
~

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 02:47:28 PM »
hahah when I tried that my arms went numb on that last few reps. Totally insane.

He conveniently leaves out that he was deliriously happy while training like that, and made gains.  ::)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »
He conveniently leaves out that he was deleriously happy while training like that, and made gains. ::)

Has ANYONE here made any gains on sHIT?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 02:50:35 PM »
Figgs just admitted he did, while attacking it like a rabid dog.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 02:51:35 PM »
He conveniently leaves out that he was deleriously happy while training like that, and made gains. ::)

lol you're rediculous what I'm about to say I had to say at least a dozen times to you before.

While training HIT you can't tell that you'd be much weaker on all of your lifts when you go back to traditional training methods, and that's why I was happy with my gains at the time, which I did get. But when I stopped HIT and realized how much strength I lost (I'm still not back to my peak strength months later), I lost all enthusiasm for the training program. I value strength as much as size.
~

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 02:53:10 PM »
Figgs just admitted he did, while attacking it like a rabid dog.

lmao what's the matter with you? I had an HIT log here on getbig months ago and when I said it sucked for making me weak as shit you couldn't understand why a bodybuilder would care anything about strength as long as he's getting bigger. And you're still bitching about it to this day when I made it clear so many itmes before!!!
~

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 02:57:17 PM »
Who's the funny sounding guy with a clip board?

;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 03:12:05 PM »
lmao what's the matter with you? I had an HIT log here on getbig months ago and when I said it sucked for making me weak as shit you couldn't understand why a bodybuilder would care anything about strength as long as he's getting bigger. And you're still bitching about it to this day when I made it clear so many itmes before!!!

Dude, you're the one with a fragile ego who bailed on it while progressing because you thought underline thought you'd lost 1% strength.  ::)

Try being more honest and balanced considered the frenzy you whipped yourself in to doing this, all of which is in past training board posts.

Truth is, you didn't actually lose any strength at all, you just thought you did.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »

Yeah, I hear Dorian tried it, maybe he was 'on paper' when he tried it hahahaha

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 03:24:37 PM »
To be fair Mentzer was clearly in his drug-induced downward spiral at that point.

What was he addicted to?

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »
Dude, you're the one with a fragile ego who bailed on it while progressing because you thought underline thought you'd lost 1% strength.  ::)

Try being more honest and balanced considered the frenzy you whipped yourself in to doing this, all of which is in past training board posts.

Truth is, you didn't actually lose any strength at all, you just thought you did.

haha 1% is beyond is exaggerating. My squat is STILL 30 pounds below my best, MONTHS later. I didn't "bail" on it, I just had enough. When you go through 6 weeks of that and don't miss training normally you come back to prove me a fool.

What are you suggesting, that I lied about my loss of strength? Why on earth would I do that? I made an HIT log to educate others and I gave my honest final opinion. It causes a significant drop in strength on all lifts but is good as a shock routine to spark muscle growth. Definetely not a good long-term type of routine. It's a thrill. If you love intensity give it a try for 1-4 weeks.
~

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »

I have made huge gains. and continue to get bigger and stronger.

it works! however, not many people can deal with the intensity and what it takes to do the workouts. it is very taxing and difficult if u do it properly (eg- actually put everything into those sets like its a matter of life and death)
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 03:52:47 PM »
I have made huge gains. and continue to get bigger and stronger.

it works! however, not many people can deal with the intensity and what it takes to do the workouts. it is very taxing and difficult if u do it properly (eg- actually put everything into those sets like its a matter of life and death)

HIT is as intense as weight training can possibly be in my opinion. Leg day was beyond cruel.
~

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 04:21:50 PM »
Viator seemed to be a strong fucker on HIT (Jones HIT).  Sergio progressed in HIT strength as well.
Squishy face retard

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 04:46:53 PM »
once again the cerebrally challenged bag HIT because they dont have a clue.

comments like ''i tried it for a week'', and ''i got so weak on my normal exercises'' show just how you guys dont get it.

so rather than just bag it because you think you understand it but really dont have a clue, just admit that you dont understand it therefore cant apply it.

it follows the most basic of premises and fundamentals of human adaptation to demand. it cannot be wrong.

it applies the exact same principles you mongs already use but extends it to a level that optimises the response.

key factors are rest and time for the neuroloigcal pathways to learn- but not master- responses neurologically and muscularly.

it takes at least 6 months to properly evaluate the effects of HIT and is dependent on proper nutrition and rest as well as systematic application of the principle.

thos who do it right - and actually understand it, all gain weight and muscle as mike describes.

the fact is that it has to be better than other forms of training that work on the same principles but are less efficient.

the only other principle that has some merit is the workload approach where the training attempts to maximise the stress over a given time frame by moving through the maximum load points of an exercise frequently....this can be done with higher reps and short range.
the trick is to also learn the movements so your body recruits the most muscle to do the work- not master it- when you master a movement your body actually starts to recruit less muscle....

its analogous to learning any new skill. take juggling for example. when you start it seems impossible. the next time you try you geta bit better. each time you try, your brain is sorting out how much effort is required to do the task. eventually you recruit enough brain involvement to do the task. As you master it, your brain configures itself to do it better and better. Eventually you can do it easily. in fact its hard to un learn.

when you get to that point you should try something different (not necessarily harder)- so your brain does not start to optimise its learning by trying to use less and less involvement.

thats why its not an easy and simple progression from 3 juggling items to 4 and from 4 to 5 and so on.

thats why you seem to stop growing when doing the same routine day in day out. and thats why you dont grow when you always change your routine.

you have to expose yourself to a routine or method for enough time to learn it, then maximise the results...then subtly change it. And by change that doesnt mean put more weight on...thats why the high rep advocates get results too.

so give MM a break..he was banging his head against a brick wall trying to get people to understand.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 05:01:12 PM »
" Who is it that said.. when the going gets tough... the.. tough gets going ........................ ..Richard Nixon"

;D   Was Mike smoking weed during that taping ?