Author Topic: Tom leykis "those who have money are happy, those who don't have GOD"  (Read 6666 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Tom leykis "those who have money are happy, those who don't have GOD"
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 12:25:37 PM »
There are LOTS of wealthy people that are miserable.  I see it everyday.  Money does not make you happy.  There are a few very wealthy people that can keep things together and maintain a happy life but they are few and far between.  There are a lot of things that money can buy nowadays but also many things it can't.  Wealthy people have existed since the dawn of man.  It's nothing new.  People act like the rich alive today are the only rich that have ever lived.  LOL.  Look at Hollywood.  Most of them are miserable.  Spouses cheating, eating disorders, drugs. 

This is an overstatement.  While I agree money cannot buy you happiness, there is often a direct relationship between earnings, net worth, and how much a person can enjoy their life.  I remember Bill Cosby once saying "I've been rich and I've been poor, and I'd rather be rich" (or something like that). 

A lot of the stress in people's lives is related to money, debt, etc.  Once that is removed, the quality of life greatly increases.  Not to say problems disappear, but life definitely gets better for most.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 05:40:45 AM »
This is an overstatement.  While I agree money cannot buy you happiness, there is often a direct relationship between earnings, net worth, and how much a person can enjoy their life.  I remember Bill Cosby once saying "I've been rich and I've been poor, and I'd rather be rich" (or something like that).  

A lot of the stress in people's lives is related to money, debt, etc.  Once that is removed, the quality of life greatly increases.  Not to say problems disappear, but life definitely gets better for most.    

Money that lifts people out of poverty increases happiness, but after that, the better paychecks stop paying off sense-of-well-being dividends, research shows.

http://www.livescience.com/health/060227_happiness_keys.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »

Pretty much confirms my opinion.