Author Topic: Colts Bears thread  (Read 19953 times)

body88

Re: Colts Bears thread
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2007, 08:57:06 AM »
True.  Manning was horrible till about the second half of the Pats game during the playoffs and Indy's run D came back from the dead in the playoffs.  A remarkable turnaround. 

On the other hand, Indy's O pounded the Bears today.  Complete domination.  Racked up 438 yards.  Ran 81 plays (Bears ran 47).  They controlled the line of scrimmage.  Ran for 191 yards.  A real drubbing. 

I agree, my point was Indy would never have had the chance to do that to the bears, if there defense had not played so well. The colts would come on the field and  drive. On top of that the bears would go three and out sending that d right back out there to defend against manning and co. Only a matter of time until they tire out playing like that.

Not taking anything away from the colts, but they have always had a crazy offense. There problem was the d not being able to allow Manning and his weapons to stay on the field.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2007, 09:01:08 AM »
ya i think everybody was quite amazed at the impovement in the colts D during the playoffs.

definately allowed them to get to the top

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »
Holy Schit does Rex Grossman SUCK. It's a miracle Chicago made it to the Superbowl with that abortion of a QB running the offense. That was pitiful.

They could have pulled some schmuck from the stands and he would have done better than Grossman did. It was painful to watch. Excellent defense and a horrific offense is not a recipe for Superbowl victory.

The AFC is clearly superior to the NFC. Nice job Colts, enjoy your year on top because next year everyone will be gunning for you even more than they do already.

Worked for the Ravens in 2000!  8)

body88

« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2007, 09:46:31 AM »
ya i think everybody was quite amazed at the impovement in the colts D during the playoffs.

definately allowed them to get to the top

They deserved it. They won like dirtdogs. That is the wany you want to win anyway, like a team. As much as the media hyped it to be "mannings" time. He would never have made it past the first round had his defense  not stepped up big time. Not taking anything away from Payton, he played great last night. But, when he was hurting early in on the playoffs that defense gave him more chances then he would have seen if they had not stepped up.

I am glad for Dungy and the city of Indy. It was a lil one sided before last night ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2007, 09:46:53 AM »

I agree, my point was Indy would never have had the chance to do that to the bears, if there defense had not played so well. The colts would come on the field and  drive. On top of that the bears would go three and out sending that d right back out there to defend against manning and co. Only a matter of time until they tire out playing like that.

Not taking anything away from the colts, but they have always had a crazy offense. There problem was the d not being able to allow Manning and his weapons to stay on the field.

I agree.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2007, 09:50:36 AM »
Does anyone think that the edge of the Colt's player's cleat touched the white line on that interception for a touchdown.

At first his cleat stayed in but it looked like his foot leaned into the white as he was going to change direction and head for the end zone.

Anybody agree?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »
I thought he stayed in bounds.  At a minimum, there wasn't conclusive evidence to overturn the call IMO.

body88

« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2007, 09:53:16 AM »
Does anyone think that the edge of the Colt's player's cleat touched the white line on that interception for a touchdown.

At first his cleat stayed in but it looked like his foot leaned into the white as he was going to change direction and head for the end zone.

Anybody agree?

There will always be a few sketchy calls. NE got screwed on several calls in there game with Indy. But, I wouldent want the game to ride on calls anyway. For the most part the officiting in that game was very good. Same for the bears game. Chargers game was called fair, as with ravens game. Cannot remember the  kc game.

I think it was so close that they let the ruling stand. There was no conlusive evidence, imo that the cleat was out. Conclusive meaning clear. I think even if he had been ruled out the colts would have scored. At that point the d was so tired I dont think they could have stopped em.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2007, 10:29:48 AM »

Anybody agree?

I don't think he was out...it was very close.they would have won even if they took that td away so Doesn't really matter.

body88

« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:36 AM »
I don't think he was out...it was very close.they would have won even if they took that td away so Doesn't really matter.

I think they had it correct. If it is so close, you cannot tell by instant replay, from 100 angles, you have to go with the ruling on the field. That throw was just horrid I am sure rex would have tossed another egg to be picked, either way.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2007, 10:44:30 PM »
I think they had it correct. If it is so close, you cannot tell by instant replay, from 100 angles, you have to go with the ruling on the field. That throw was just horrid I am sure rex would have tossed another egg to be picked, either way.

Grossman grew up about 30 minutes away from me,in Bloomington. He went to Bloomington South HS I believe.(there are 2 HS in Btown North and South)