Author Topic: Single dads of GB  (Read 4997 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Single dads of GB
« on: May 11, 2014, 10:55:36 AM »
How do your "split" look like? As in custody. And is it satisfactory to you, are you content?

I'm looking at devising one of these situations for myself.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Single dads of GB
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
Fortunately not a quandary I'll ever find myself in, since my semen only fertilizes post-menopausal barren soil.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:30:13 AM »
Fortunately not a quandary I'll ever find myself in, since my semen only fertilizes post-menopausal barren soil.

Ok

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »
If you decide to split with your partner you need to accept it will be saturday afternoons at Mc Donalds every 2 weeks.

Exs can be a bitch, literally.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »
If you decide to split with your partner you need to accept it will be saturday afternoons at Mc Donalds every 2 weeks.

And what a strong ally they have in the family courts system, including the black-robed, man-hating 'experts' pontificating from the bench.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »

Lol yeah

I was thinking 1 week on 1 week off to start things off

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 12:28:49 PM »
And what a strong ally they have in the family courts system, including the black-robed, man-hating 'experts' pontificating from the bench.
Agreed, its the way of the world.
Even if you get a court order to see a kid, doesn't mean fuck all if the ex wants to play funny fucker.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 12:34:38 PM »
Agreed, its the way of the world.
Even if you get a court order to see a kid, doesn't mean fuck all if the ex wants to play funny fucker.

I hope you aren't speaking from experience  :-\

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
I am. My father got screwed by the family court system here. He was a well-paid professional with a sterling academic background and no criminal record, yet only got to see me twice a month. My mother, well, let's not go there. Let's just say I won't be picking up the phone today.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 12:49:09 PM »
I am. My father got screwed by the family court system here. He was a well-paid professional with a sterling academic background and no criminal record, yet only got to see me twice a month. My mother, well, let's not go there. Let's just say I won't be picking up the phone today.

Not right  :-X

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 12:50:24 PM »
No, its just what I see.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »
i'm a single dad and i exercise everyday

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »
Fishing for a testimonial of this shit working out here

Fuck..

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »
i'm a single dad and i exercise everyday

I plan to excercise at the same pace as before kids.

I think it can be done. I managed this far.

growing lad

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »
Me...have my daughter every day every night

Ex..takes my daughter every other week for a Saturday afternoon :)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 01:36:37 PM »

what did this woman do to deserve this cruel unusual punishment

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »

Nice job

When do you go clubbing ???

:P

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »
I was there from day one with my son. Was single when I impregnated his mom, got with her four months after he was born (for 4 years). When we split up she let me see him once a week then decided to move without saying where and changing number.

It was horrible. I didn't get to speak to him on my birthday, she started dating a guy from England and I worried she'd move. My mom parents were too soft and thought things would work out but I instigated legal proceedings for custody.* I had her bring up loads of shite in court but got custody and legal guardianship in the end. She accused me of drug dealing, hiding cocaine in his bed etc, all lies but judge gave me custody and guardianship and access.

We get on great now, it took a year or two but she eventually saw that he has tp be put first. She is happy with her now husband, I am happy with my girlfriend. I can see him when I want, he loves me he loves his mom and his step dad. It was tough as hell, suicide contemplating tough, but I'm here now and he's the happiest kid you could meet.

*On the issue of custody, I see him every Saturday as per court agreement but more often most weeks when I have time off or if he is on holidays from school.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 12:49:30 AM »
I was there from day one with my son. Was single when I impregnated his mom, got with her four months after he was born (for 4 years). When we split up she let me see him once a week then decided to move without saying where and changing number.

It was horrible. I didn't get to speak to him on my birthday, she started dating a guy from England and I worried she'd move. My mom parents were too soft and thought things would work out but I instigated legal proceedings for custody.* I had her bring up loads of shite in court but got custody and legal guardianship in the end. She accused me of drug dealing, hiding cocaine in his bed etc, all lies but judge gave me custody and guardianship and access.

We get on great now, it took a year or two but she eventually saw that he has tp be put first. She is happy with her now husband, I am happy with my girlfriend. I can see him when I want, he loves me he loves his mom and his step dad. It was tough as hell, suicide contemplating tough, but I'm here now and he's the happiest kid you could meet.

*On the issue of custody, I see him every Saturday as per court agreement but more often most weeks when I have time off or if he is on holidays from school.

Wow

I don't understand how you could forgive something like that. Making up those lies.. And then like nothing ever happened.

I'm just hoping we come to a mutual understanding without legal bullshit. Even females should realize it's not in the interest of the kids to shut a parent out.

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 12:52:29 AM »
Wow

I don't understand how you could forgove something like that. Making up those lies..

The alternative is bearing a grudge for the rest of your life, that my friend takes effort that the other person is not entitled to.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 12:56:14 AM »
The alternative is bearing a grudge for the rest of your life, that my friend takes effort that the other person is not entitled to.

Yes. Definitely draw a line and be done with it. But very sinister..

Simple Simon

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 12:58:00 AM »
Yes. Definitely draw a line and be done with it. But very sinister..
Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
She probably thought she was doing the right thing at the time.

Simple Simon

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 01:04:18 AM »
I had her bring up loads of shite in court but got custody and legal guardianship in the end.
Must be different where you live but doesnt getting custody and legal guardianship mean that the child lives with you either full or part time?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 01:52:43 AM »

its changeda bit now mate, when i split up with the missus for a bit in jan i took kids with me and was told by solicitor i was well within my rights to do this and she would have to go to court for access.
the mother still has head start but its not despairingy vast anymore an joint custody is very commonly awarded these days

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 02:24:26 AM »

When I split with my Ex I got Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

Now she gets that once a fortnight.  ;D