Author Topic: what would you do if your employer doesnt pay your wage?  (Read 4436 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
what would you do if your employer doesnt pay your wage?
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:08:04 AM »
i

n

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: what would you do if your employer doesnt pay your wage?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:47 AM »
I have that problem all the time. And I own my business BTW.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 07:22:56 AM »
Days Sales Outstanding is one of the most critical financial metrics to keep an eye on when trying to maximize cash flow into your business.

Although we often say profit is queen, cash flow is king.

So you're right to watch your DSO.

At the end of the day, you really don't have any recourse beyond quitting.

Do you offer a service/product that provides you with a sustainable competitive advantage...something that your competition cannot offer? If not, you are disposable, and your customer (your employer) will continue to exact pressure on your accounts receivable. Likely, if your SCA is weak or non-existent, and the supply of goods/services you provide outstrips demand, then your customer knows they can go down the block and do the same thing to the next vendor (i.e. employee).

You have to find a way to become indispensable, or at least, more important, to your customer's bottom line. I'm sure your customer pays some vendors on time, because the fear of threatening that relationship with poor metrics against their receivables would threaten your customer's bottom line. You need to find a way, or you'll continue to suffer the consequences.

Perhaps look into the economics of the goods/services you provide. Is it possible your goods/services are going through obsolescence? Or perhaps there are so few barriers to entry for your competitors (read: other new potential employees) that the market is flooded with other good/service providers who've been able to knock off any SCA you thought you might have had. Perhaps you over-value the goods/services you provide...clearly, your customers believes so, otherwise, he/she would pay you on time.

Divorce your personal feelings from the situation, and study the economic motivations of your customer. You'll see the truth. Signalling theory, my friend. Don't listen to what customers say...watch what they do. Our signals betray our words and reveal our truest intentions.

You need to work on your SCA. Or change your business so that you can create one. Otherwise, you're too easy to copy and can be rendered obsolete before you think your brand lifecycle really should be done.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:23:39 AM »
rape his wife

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:06 AM »
if he doesnt pay on time repeatedly, im talking about a month to late.

and then its 20% less than agreed upon, claiming he will pay out all the remaining 20% for all months after the construction site is done.

nothing but excuses, does it with every employee, and i know the company has money.

Show the boss your abs and ham/glute tie-ins...that should do it.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »
rape his wife

Also, kill his dog and collect all of its blood in a bucket. Then drown his freshly raped wife in the dog blood.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 07:38:01 AM »
I have that problem all the time. And I own my business BTW.

Haha, I can relate. Seriously, back to the op, does your state have a wage and labor board? Call them, file a complaint, small claims court  is another route

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:54:56 AM »
wage a war haha

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 08:20:03 AM »

and then its 20% less than agreed upon, claiming he will pay out all the remaining 20% for all months after the construction site is done.

nothing but excuses, does it with every employee, and i know the company has money.

That is complete horse shit, unprofessional and very greedy, I pay my guys every week and not 1 minute late, hell I even lend them money once in a while.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 08:30:27 AM »
i hate the unions, but im thinking to go there tomorow, they are closely connected to a big media outlet, theyd make sure it makes page 1 news, it happened couple weeks ago with other company from the same site.

this would be lights out for him

im very pissed off about this whole situation, very angry, will post a best of compilation of his excuses and promises later
Well at least he will pay eventually I guess.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 08:32:52 AM »

all this fake little muscles and you still get no respect.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »
i am absolutely unexchangeable in this position, and especially right now, with timing pressure

Then if you've studied the 5 Forces model of business, you know you have the lion's share of the control. Threaten to increase your prices if he does not pay you on time, since money has a time-value ascribed to it.

If he wants the net equivalent of cash terms with you (i.e. net 30 days, or net 20 days...whatever it seems to be working out to), then he has to pay a premium to be given the grace payment period. You can charge him an extra 2-3% for the late payment. You won't make 3% in 20 days investing in the market, so you win. If he refuses, you tell him you can't provide goods/services to people who can't pay. So yes, you threaten to quit if the situation doesn't change instantly.

Realistically, tender the idea of cash payment terms. He may find this to be amenable...but don't be surprised, if he's a good businessman, that he asks for a discount for early payment (i.e. 2%/10/net 30). But if you've increased your costs to account for the later payment, then any discount you negotiate for early payment should merely off-set the increased costs you've ascribed.

Give it a shot. What do you have to lose? Right now you're losing money because he's holding it for 20 days every time, making interest on that money or using it to finance his other business activities which are providing an ROI. He's using your money to make himself more money. You have to give him an incentive to see it your way.

If he's completely unresponsive to incentives you provide (I find that hard to believe if he behaves rationally with respect to marginal utility), then I would simply threaten to quit and/or outright quit. Nothing is more maddening then working with irrational people who don't understand economic incentives.  

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 08:38:46 AM »
it looks like muscle, it feels like muscle, no homo,... and if an animal ate his leg it would taste no different then yours, so what`s so fake about his muscle? enlighten us.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »

besides, the muscle isnt to intimidate men, thatll go wrong anyway, i do it to attract the some females who like it.
it is to intimidate men, stop lying. As if you were different from any other humans.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »

I know what the title of the thread says, but are you an actual employee of the company or a sub-contractor? If you're an employee and this is an ongoing thing, seek other employment. Usually means his business is in trouble especially if he has to wait to get paid on a job to pay employees or waiting for the next job to pay the previous job (robbing peter to pay paul) he's probably in the rears with his material bills as well from old jobs and again, taking material money from new jobs to pay old ones. Sounds like he's in trouble. What country is this?

the trainer

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »

You pay someone like me to pay him a visit and fuck him up.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
btw the company owner drives around in maseratis and ferraris in the city, living the life

Using material money. He's an asshole.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »
liquid nail the doors on his car

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »
this is switzerland.

actual employee, not subcontractor.

his business isnt in trouble, he earned net well over a million on the last site.

perhaps after the legal action has been through.

but sending people, you never know if they will snitch on you later on, many break mentaly very quick during investigative holding in isolation, as its practiced here

That was the jobs actual profit? What was the total cost of the job? His profit margin should be around 4-8%.

MR MUSCLES

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »

All of this fake Christianity and you get no respect. how's the factory treating you?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
All of this fake Christianity and you get no respect. how's the factory treating you?
YOU DONT SEEM TO GET IT IN 20 YEARS HE WILL BE THE ONLY PERSON ON GETBIG WITH A JOB, YOU JUST DONT HAVE THE FORESIGHT HE HAS  ::) :D

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
already did this, proposed weekly cash payouts, or hed offer something extra for the wait, only to deduct some random deductions later on.

claims like the chip which clocks my worktime doesnt work, or he didnt get the hours from the administration company yet(when i told him to just count 9hrs a day 6 days a week, even though i do easy 10hrs a day 6days a week), one time he said he paid out, but to a wrong account.

you name it , weve been there with all the excuses already.

He's quite unscrupulous then.

There are many jobs out there given your talent, as you put it. Seek gainful employment elsewhere.

He is who he is. Leopards don't change their spots. He will continue to find ways to drag it out on you.

Life's too short. Find someone who pays fairly for the goods/services you provide.

Although, I suspect if you threaten to quit, he might shape up for a few months before reverting to old behaviors...which he will, because he thinks you're an easy mark and a pushover without options. Use the time to look for a job elsewhere.

You can't account for crazy. But you should try to avoid it.

MR MUSCLES

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
YOU DONT SEEM TO GET IT IN 20 YEARS HE WILL BE THE ONLY PERSON ON GETBIG WITH A JOB, YOU JUST DONT HAVE THE FORESIGHT HE HAS  ::) :D

LOLOL. Yup...when the economy collapses and the the world is plunged into Civil war, This cock muncher's factory will be the only one left standing  :D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »
Quit your job. Get another one. Then if you can, take him to court. That's about all you can do.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »
LOLOL. Yup...when the economy collapses and the the world is plunged into Civil war, This cock muncher's factory will be the only one left standing  :D
yes and only the unskilled assembly line workers will have jobs, the managers will be on the street after they lose their job and cant pay their house anymore (which belongs to the bank, unlike ubermans paid for studio)