Author Topic: Bob Chick - Five Weeks out Pic  (Read 113571 times)

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
Re: Five weeks out- Bob Chick
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2006, 07:33:24 AM »
Personally.............i like Bob Chic
i find him funny and charismatic,his video biography of his pre-contest training is awesome
bodybuilding IMO  needs more guys like this (he speaks well,is articulate etc)
i think Bob just really loves being a Bodybuilder ...and living the lifestyle
nothing wrong with that................
                                                                   MIKE

You like Bob Chick because you connect with the guys with shitty bodies (Heiko Kallbach etc) because that's what you are, a shitty roided up body.
young niggah greedy

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2006, 07:34:06 AM »
240 likes to bait pros.
You could call him "master baiter to the pros."
Funny! Now the only question is this: If an "Expert" gets 5 Blue Stars, how many stars does a "Master" get?

Special "Doesn't anyone knock anymore?" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2006, 07:34:43 AM »
man, I love this sport.  Guys like Branch, Troy, Melvin, are inspiring to listen to- they achieved their dreams, and built physiques that look like superheroes.

Now if a guy like Dim puts an insane amount of *something* into his tris/delts- cheating to have bigger arms than he naturally does- what's the big deal if I ask about it? 

If Bob Chick makes a statement on the mic that he's going to defeat Vince Taylor, and I compare the pics, what's the big deal?

I have no beef with Milos.  Shawn and I are cool too- I just saw the athletes list was changing and called him out on it.  In real life- and many of you can attest to this- i'm a very laid back, positive, focused guy, always looking to help people make more money.  If I see something shady in the BBing world, I speak on it.  It's good for blowing off steam, and keeps the place interesting. 

You can re-read my posts- I never just come out and say "So-and-so sucks"... it's only after an athlete does something funny/illegal/etc that I post about it.  I mean no harm, I back down if proven incorrect, etc... IMO Bon Chick is a horrible choice for Athlete's Rep- he gets very angry and immature at the slightest question of his authority.  This flaw might be of interest to those athletes he represents.

I think you are intentionally sensationalising things, only to claim you had the purist intentions in the end.  Don't get me wrong, its somewhat interesting but I tire of it because people tend to not realise that this all started from exageration/false premise. 

How many times have I questioned what you've said (often outright bizarre conclusions from weak premise) - only to have you admit that you were just posting without thinking? 

Consequently, didn't I ask only a few days ago, how many times are you able to blame lack of control before it becomes abundantely clear that you are consciously posting lies/silly stuff in order to get attention?

I think you're quite driven with the effect you intend to create and whilst there may be nothing particularly wrong with trying it I don't agree with this pretending like you don't know whats wrong with what you're saying from the outset.  You are almost every single time the antagonist - that itself speaks volumes. 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2006, 07:40:01 AM »
You like Bob Chick because you connect with the guys with shitty bodies (Heiko Kallbach etc) because that's what you are, a shitty roided up body.

LOL....................b ingo!!!!!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2006, 07:43:53 AM »
This whole 10-1 odds thing is ridiculous. No one is going to put down $100 to win $10. All he's doing is trying to save face by saying he'll bet with those that doubt him but he's making the odds so bad that no one will take him up on it.

I know this has been said before but an IFBB Pro and the Athletes Rep. shouldn't be making these kinds of bets on a message board, it looks unprofessional.

And would anyone really bet on a contest whose outcome is almost certainly preordained?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2006, 07:47:25 AM »
Initially, I often think to myself--- "What are the chances that Bob Chick will take the bait"?  I don't feel bad- as he's insulted me numerous times.  Our initial beef came from the fact that I made a silly Cheaters page in which he played the pimp role- nailing sorrier pro's wifes then collecting the cash and dipping.  Instead of telling me to stop, etc, his initial reaction was "I'm going to hospitalize you if I ever see that again."  So I took offense, and have often jumped on the chance to make him squirm with his words.  At this point- the guy trashes me when he can, he talks shit about me to other pros (for lack of anything better to talk about) and has continually insulted my business.  

For someone that "doesn't matter" as much as he says, he sure does spend a lot of time bashing me.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2006, 07:47:46 AM »
Since you all think I'm so far off, and have no shot against Vince (or whoever)...lets see if anyone is willing to put their money where there mouth is.

I'll take 10-1 odds that I win....every $1 i put up, is matched by $10 of your dollars...real simple.

bet $100-win $10

Money will be sent to Ron here at getbig to insure you're not welchers like" True Adonis"...You guys should have every confidence in betting 100, 200, 500...hell, make it a cool $1,000.....easy money, right?

Come on...I'm double-dog daring you to have some balls and not just be the shit talkers you are.
meltdown.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2006, 07:51:01 AM »
I think you're quite driven with the effect you intend to create and whilst there may be nothing particularly wrong with trying it I don't agree with this pretending like you don't know whats wrong with what you're saying from the outset.  You are almost every single time the antagonist - that itself speaks volumes. 

Anyone who's been here for a while knows my role here- antagonist.  I'll never play the hero, never play the winner.  I'm not trying to be "cool" with pros, and it only seems like I live here because I respond to most everything I read. 

My role is to try to get under skin of people a bit. I just can't blindly say "Bob Chick- you're the man!" when he is arguably unprofessional in his role as Athlete's Rep. 

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2006, 07:51:50 AM »
PSSSST...there's still some time to knock Chick. He doesn't wake up until his maid, personal chef, masseuse and butler arrive at his Bel Air mansion and his butler brings him Eggs White Benedict in his ivory four-poster adjustable temper-pedic bed. Then it's an hour on the treadmill, a massage by his infinity pool, a shot of gh, and it's off to do a guest appearance on Grey's Anatomy. Then it's time to hit the bank, deposit his check for $60,000, do lunch at Mezzaluna with Jessica Alba to discuss "projects", and then back to the stretch hummer limo for a ride back to the mansion to log on to getbig.com and spend three hours trading barbs with 240, while simultaneously negotiating with Steven Spielberg over his salary as the lead in "When Worlds Collide".

Special "Have your people call my people" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2006, 07:54:20 AM »
Anyone who's been here for a while knows my role here- antagonist.  I'll never play the hero, never play the winner.  I'm not trying to be "cool" with pros, and it only seems like I live here because I respond to most everything I read. 

My role is to try to get under skin of people a bit. I just can't blindly say "Bob Chick- you're the man!" when he is arguably unprofessional in his role as Athlete's Rep. 

LOL!

You're an attention whore. There's nothing inherently wrong with it so why are you in denial?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2006, 07:55:46 AM »
Initially, I often think to myself--- "What are the chances that Bob Chick will take the bait"?  I don't feel bad- as he's insulted me numerous times.  Our initial beef came from the fact that I made a silly Cheaters page in which he played the pimp role- nailing sorrier pro's wifes then collecting the cash and dipping.  Instead of telling me to stop, etc, his initial reaction was "I'm going to hospitalize you if I ever see that again."  So I took offense, and have often jumped on the chance to make him squirm with his words.  At this point- the guy trashes me when he can, he talks shit about me to other pros (for lack of anything better to talk about) and has continually insulted my business. 

For someone that "doesn't matter" as much as he says, he sure does spend a lot of time bashing me.

Well therein lies the crux of the matter, you're judging people based upon their reaction to you initially giving them shit - then using this as permanent ethical fuel for your right to say anything about them in the future.

Of course that is weak but even weaker when we consider the fact that in the heat of a moment you were infering that you were going to kill somone not that long ago.  A whole lot more than an offer to beat someone up.  :)

As our faithful readers can probably imagine, the end result as always is that the antagonist is yourself.  Not a function of chance or poor fortune is it?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2006, 07:55:59 AM »

Yeah, Bob if you don't mind. How much do you pull in?
1000 dollars per show plus ten McDonalds gift certificates plus 1 50 dollar "posing session" per day, so roughly 17,000 dollars per year.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2006, 07:56:12 AM »
You're an attention whore. There's nothing inherently wrong with it so why are you in denial?

I have never denied that fact. :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2006, 07:57:54 AM »
Well therein lies the crux of the matter, you're judging people based upon their reaction to you initially giving them shit - then using this as permanent ethical fuel for your right to say anything about them in the future.

Of course that is weak but even weaker when we consider the fact that in the heat of a moment you were infering that you were going to kill somone not that long ago.  A whole lot more than an offer to beat someone up.  :)

As our faithful readers can probably imagine, the end result as always is that the antagonist is yourself.  Not a function of chance or poor fortune is it?

I never said I was perfect, and I am contiually working to redefine myself here.  Some days, I play nice.  Other days, like when I see Dim's triceps bubbling or Chick calling onlyme 'fat', i get a little pissed and just want people to talk about it. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2006, 07:59:11 AM »
I have never denied that fact. :)

I'll tell you the same thing I say to girls in skimpy/revealing clothing: You have to accept the good and bad attention when dressing like that.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2006, 08:07:03 AM »
I never said I was perfect, and I am contiually working to redefine myself here.  Some days, I play nice.  Other days, like when I see Dim's triceps bubbling or Chick calling onlyme 'fat', i get a little pissed and just want people to talk about it. 

Hey, if you progressing I would be more than happy to relent on occasionally asking you these questions.  Unfortunately you seem to quickly forget how weak most of your justification is in the heat of the moment.  Personally having witnessed this countless times I don't know whether I truly believe that you could forget the lessons you learn every time this bites you in the backside.

I'm not going to waste my time going back into history to find moments when you've suddenly been offended by people's comments but suffice to say that you are far from consistent about what you want, how you treat people and how you want to be treated here. 

As I have said, if you are honest about your intentions thats fine, but to someone who watches you from thread to thread it is quite clear that what you want is whatever suites you at that moment.  Where as there are plenty of people here who are unapologetically relentless with their brands of criticism, yet they are clearly less hated than you are.  This is because they are consistent.  They are not perceived to be trying to pull the wool over anybodies eyes. 

Anyway, its 2am and really, I'm probably wasting my time.

If you should take anything from this it should be this.  Be consistent.  If you want people to know you as a master hater.. so be it.  If you want people to know you as someone who poses sound ethical questions.. so be it.  You can't be all things here but you are trying. 

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2006, 08:12:16 AM »
I like to think of myself as a model of consistency...

Consistently retarded.

Special "Wade Boggs" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2006, 08:13:40 AM »
good points rocket. very good points.

MrUniverse

• Getbig III
  • Get bigger than the average Joe!!!
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2006, 08:33:12 AM »
Bob don't listen to those Nerds there jealous because your a famous Ifbb pro.

Wow you know Danny Devito. Bob when is this picture taken?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2006, 08:39:30 AM »
This coming from someone with the s/n of "monster triceps"?
:D Weee

ricosauve

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2006, 08:56:49 AM »

PLEASE tell me you arent THAT stupid to not know the difference.....

chick best of luck brotha!!! I'm betting on you

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2006, 09:03:04 AM »
Personally.............i like Bob Chic
i find him funny and charismatic,his video biography of his pre-contest training is awesome
bodybuilding IMO  needs more guys like this (he speaks well,is articulate etc)
i think Bob just really loves being a Bodybuilder ...and living the lifestyle
nothing wrong with that................
                                                                   MIKE

I agree with Mike on this....

BUT

I disagree Bob thinking he's going to beat Vince.

Maybe Vince will loose an eye ball, arm, or leg before the contest......

then again if he does....he may not win....but he still will beat Bob.

Maybe Kamali will show up to give Bob someone to beat.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2006, 09:12:58 AM »
I've seen Bob on Spike TV too.  He's got a lot of irons in the proverbial fire.  At least he's out there hustling work and not sitting back waiting for people to appreciate his magnificence and give him $$$ for just looking good.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2006, 09:16:32 AM »
monster income!

::)

If Bob made 300k last year I'll eat my hat.

He's basically an employee of Bodybuilding.com. I'm sure they pay him a decent salary, but nothing like what he's claiming. If he ever loses that gig, he's s/o/l.

He also had a lot of commercials, cameos, etc this past year, so I believe the 60k claim for these, but that's a one-time shot. He certainly can't count on that repeating itself. It's not like he's a sough-after "Hollywood type".

And the guy's over 40... until he got the BB.com gig, was he making any income at all, or was he a bouncer/personal trainer?

You want ketchup with that?

I'm not an employee of BB.com...I'm a contracted athlete, big difference.

I also have other contracts (Weider/AMI, Eggwhites international, etc.)

I make guest posing appearances, do openings, MC shows, and have other investments outside of BB.

Before I signed with BB.com, I was a contracted athlete with GNC for 3 years...

Before that, I  co-owned a personal training gym for 9 years.

try and do some homework before posting....