Author Topic: 150 Regent grads in the Bush administration?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!  (Read 18197 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Actually it says right here he serves as their president and chancellor, please do not try to tell me he has no direct influnce over the school.  The notion would be silly as all hell. http://www.regent.edu/acad/undergrad/drpatrobertson/bio.cfm  THis isn't about just highering conservatives... Well I think you know the justice department shouldnt' be intentionally politicized.  Even John Ashcroft believes that.  If Clinton had done exactly the same with say some crappy school that was founded by Barbara Striesand having the motto, "Leftist Leadership to Change the World" I would think you might have good call to bitch too!

I will tell you that he doesn't run the law school, because he doesn't, as the link I provided shows.  He's not the dean.  And he's not a lawyer. 

There are apparently 9 undergrad and 8 grad programs at that school.  I am sure Robertson has some influence on the overall focus of the school and each program.  But control of the law school?  I doubt it.  And again, so what.

I never complain about an elected official hiring their own partisan people, Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative.   

I also don't know whether it's a crappy law school. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
I will tell you that he doesn't run the law school, because he doesn't, as the link I provided shows.  He's not the dean.  And he's not a lawyer. 

There are apparently 9 undergrad and 8 grad programs at that school.  I am sure Robertson has some influence on the overall focus of the school and each program.  But control of the law school?  I doubt it.  And again, so what.

I never complain about an elected official hiring their own partisan people, Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative.   

It just happened to be another story with Bush in the headline. Again no big deal
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
But Beach, how can these girls be so offended by what he said and yet I GUARANTEE they each have CDs from rappers that say much much worse that they listen to by choice. Not to mention the clubs they go to that play hour after hour of the same thing. Everytime they put the headphones on they are in their own little rap video

Sounds like an assumption based on a stereotype.  I know plenty of black women who don't listen to rap.  I said in another thread that I agree with you about this point if true, but neither one of us has any basis to conclude that these particular college students listen to that misogynist hip hop crap. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Sounds like an assumption based on a stereotype.  I know plenty of black women who don't listen to rap.  I said in another thread that I agree with you about this point if true, but neither one of us has any basis to conclude that these particular college students listen to that misogynist hip hop crap. 

Beach honsetly...You think basketball players in NJ don't go to dance clubs on the weekend...seriously?
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Beach honsetly...You think basketball players in NJ don't go to dance clubs on the weekend...seriously?

Do I think female Rutgers basketball student-athletes go to dance clubs on the weekends?  Not during the season.  Off-season, maybe.  These particular student-athletes?  Honestly, I have no idea. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Do I think female Rutgers basketball student-athletes go to dance clubs on the weekends?  Not during the season.  Off-season, maybe.  These particular student-athletes?  Honestly, I have no idea. 

wow man, hmmm, being a former college athlete myself, the athletes were the biggest partiers, and I mean year round..anyway, I guess there isn't enough info one way or the other
gotta love life

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Well considering the area in NJ where Rutgers is and the type of music played there, I can guarantee these women aren't listening to Kenny Chesney or Faith Hill.  I wonder if they caught AFI before the European Tour.  Lol.  Beach, I think it is safe to say that all of those girls have been exposed to rap.  The white athletes at my school, especially the female ones, are constantly listening to rap and hip hop.  Face it, the rap community (because it is black) is protected.  I'm sure the firing of Imus will do loads to fix this problem.
Squishy face retard

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Well considering the area in NJ where Rutgers is and the type of music played there, I can guarantee these women aren't listening to Kenny Chesney or Faith Hill.  I wonder if they caught AFI before the European Tour.  Lol.  Beach, I think it is safe to say that all of those girls have been exposed to rap.  The white athletes at my school, especially the female ones, are constantly listening to rap and hip hop.  Face it, the rap community (because it is black) is protected.  I'm sure the firing of Imus will do loads to fix this problem.

Yeah maybe it is just my age (not sure how old Beach is) but trust me, the hundreds of people in each club I go to on the weekend show how popular hip hop is. When I was in Ogden the women and Men from Weber State were always there, same with SLC, at it was full of athletes all year around. Nothing worng with listening to rap. My MP3 player is stocked with it for the weight room, but don't voluntarily listen to bitches and hoes and then try to say you are offended...and that is all I have to say about that
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

This doesn't come as a surprise to me.  We just differ on what is and isn't issue worthy.  Your record is that almost nothing bothers you.  You are the king of the eye roll on getbig and hands down the biggest pacifist. No North American Union worries, move along nothing to see here... No issue with firing prosecutes the way Gonzo did, move along, nothing here... on and on...  So I'm not shocked at all that you see nothing here.  I honestly don't think you would give a crap about anything until you noticed it eating through your living room wall and lashing tentacles at a loved one. :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Yeah maybe it is just my age (not sure how old Beach is) but trust me, the hundreds of people in each club I go to on the weekend show how popular hip hop is. When I was in Ogden the women and Men from Weber State were always there, same with SLC, at it was full of athletes all year around. Nothing worng with listening to rap. My MP3 player is stocked with it for the weight room, but don't voluntarily listen to bitches and hoes and then try to say you are offended...and that is all I have to say about that

Might be the age thing.   :)  I was a student-athlete too (or more like athlete-student).  I'm not saying they don't party.  But I'm not about to say that these particular young ladies listen to woman-degrading hip hop.  Maybe, maybe not. 

But whether or not these girls should be offended really has nothing to do with whether the comments were appropriate. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
This doesn't come as a surprise to me.  We just differ on what is and isn't issue worthy.  Your record is that almost nothing bothers you.  You are the king of the eye roll on getbig and hands down the biggest pacifist. No North American Union worries, move along nothing to see here... No issue with firing prosecutes the way Gonzo did, move along, nothing here... on and on...  So I'm not shocked at all that you see nothing here.  I honestly don't think you would give a crap about anything until you noticed it eating through your living room wall and lashing tentacles at a loved one. :)

True, we differ.  And you're correct that few things bother me.  But I have some:  taxes, tobacco companies, gas prices, and pedophiles to name a few.  But a pacifist?  That's new.  I thought I was a war monger?  Now I'm confused.   :)

No, I'm not worked up about Bush talking to Canada and Mexico.  No, I could care less if U.S. Attorneys were fired for "political reasons" (like they ALWAYS are), so long as they were not fired to interfere with legitimate criminal investigations. 

But I am a very low key, laid back person who doesn't excited over too much stuff. 

And I LOVE the eye roll.  I'd be totally incapable of communicating with some on here without it.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
True, we differ.  And you're correct that few things bother me.  But I have some:  taxes, tobacco companies, gas prices, and pedophiles to name a few.  But a pacifist?  That's new.  I thought I was a war monger?  Now I'm confused.   :)

No, I'm not worked up about Bush talking to Canada and Mexico.  No, I could care less if U.S. Attorneys were fired for "political reasons" (like they ALWAYS are), so long as they were not fired to interfere with legitimate criminal investigations. 

But I am a very low key, laid back person who doesn't excited over too much stuff. 

And I LOVE the eye roll.  I'd be totally incapable of communicating with some on here without it.   :)
I haven't thought of you as a warmonger as much as the guy that goes along with what your party and the president says.  Warmongers are the guys that get on here and cheerlead the war and talk up war with Iran and Syria as soon as possible.  You may not be a true pacifist as would be labeled for a lot of lefties, but your demeanor has pacifist written all over it which is why I toss the label at you.  There's almost a little slacker way with you.  you know, way to much of that, "Whatever" "Who Cares"  "Big Deal" "So What" "::)" You really picked the right username that's for sure :)  Plus, I highly suspect you get a little charge out of popping into a thread and going, "big deal" where people believe there is a problem.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I love it, 150 lawyers from one of if not the WORST law schools in the country are hired by this administration and yet the neotaints don't seem to care. At least one of these so called lawyers didn't even have any other job offers but of course he was hired by the Bush team.

Not to mention the fact that a Dean from this TERRIBLE law school was hired as Director of the Office of Personnel Management which essentially puts him in charge of the entire Executive Branch's Human Resources Department.

Bwahhaaahhaaaa

What's next, completely forgoing law school graduates and hiring applicants to be lawyers without any education in law?

Nope, nothing wrong with hiring the least qualified candidates. Perhaps they can get the next batch of hires right out of high school.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
I love it, 150 lawyers from one of if not the WORST law schools in the country are hired by this administration and yet the neotaints don't seem to care. At least one of these so called lawyers didn't even have any other job offers but of course he was hired by the Bush team.

Not to mention the fact that a Dean from this TERRIBLE law school was hired as Director of the Office of Personnel Management which essentially puts him in charge of the entire Executive Branch's Human Resources Department.

Bwahhaaahhaaaa

What's next, completely forgoing law school graduates and hiring applicants to be lawyers without any education in law?

Nope, nothing wrong with hiring the least qualified candidates. Perhaps they can get the next batch of hires right out of high school.

I (I know you classify me as neotaint, we will just disagree on that one) personally didn't cast approval or dissaproval. Without #s to compare things to I can't get worked up one way or another, you kinow like percentage hired from that school, how they did on board exams compared to others, shit like that. In politics this is how things work. You criticize Regent for being too right wing, but how many law schools go the exact other way and breed liberal lawyers? So it doesn't suprise me that a company (the government) would look for lawyers that share their political views. Now I will admit that if there are more Regent grads by percentage than any other school represented I will question it. But say Harvard, or Yale have higher #s then I think it is a nonissue.
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I (I know you classify me as neotaint, we will just disagree on that one) personally didn't cast approval or dissaproval. Without #s to compare things to I can't get worked up one way or another, you kinow like percentage hired from that school, how they did on board exams compared to others, shit like that. In politics this is how things work. You criticize Regent for being too right wing, but how many law schools go the exact other way and breed liberal lawyers? So it doesn't suprise me that a company (the government) would look for lawyers that share their political views. Now I will admit that if there are more Regent grads by percentage than any other school represented I will question it. But say Harvard, or Yale have higher #s then I think it is a nonissue.

While I don't agree with hiring so many candidates from a school that Robertson created and that stands for his agenda I understand it.

I said this earlier, my main point is that 150 new hires came from such a bad school. There is simply no way to sugarcoat the fact that Regent is one of the worst law schools in the US. Not to mention the man that heads the entire Executive Branch's HR department is from Regent.

If he had hired Christian Conservative lawyers from top notch law schools I wouldn't say a thing. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
While I don't agree with hiring so many candidates from a school that Robertson created and that stands for his agenda I understand it.

I said this earlier, my main point is that 150 new hires came from such a bad school. There is simply no way to sugarcoat the fact that Regent is one of the worst law schools in the US. Not to mention the man that heads the entire Executive Branch's HR department is from Regent.

If he had hired Christian Conservative lawyers from top notch law schools I wouldn't say a thing. 

point taken, I don't know much about the rating system, but does thier newness bring the rating down?
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I haven't thought of you as a warmonger as much as the guy that goes along with what your party and the president says.  Warmongers are the guys that get on here and cheerlead the war and talk up war with Iran and Syria as soon as possible.  You may not be a true pacifist as would be labeled for a lot of lefties, but your demeanor has pacifist written all over it which is why I toss the label at you.  There's almost a little slacker way with you.  you know, way to much of that, "Whatever" "Who Cares"  "Big Deal" "So What" "::)" You really picked the right username that's for sure :)  Plus, I highly suspect you get a little charge out of popping into a thread and going, "big deal" where people believe there is a problem.

I don't have a party, but I do support the president. 

I guess I need a few more phrases?  What I say often here is "no worry" or "no worries" (local sayings similar to the Jamaican saying "no problem").  I guess it's one of the benefits of living in a place where life is much slower.  People are nicer.  Hey we even have an unwritten "no honk" rule on the road.  You don't really appreciate it till you go back to the mainland and have people honk all the time.  It's nice. 

Love my user name.  The beach is my second home.  My hammock is one of the loves of my life.  But I don't drop in threads just to take stabs at people (for the most part).  If I say "big deal" it's because I don't think it's a big deal. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
point taken, I don't know much about the rating system, but does thier newness bring the rating down?

Most likely.  I doubt you find many newer schools (regardless of discipline) high in the U.S. News & World Report rankings.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
not to get all Mr. Rogers or anything but I think if we all met in a bar somewhere we sould have just as many laughs as arguments. But what fun would that be here?

Thanks. Why not lets just start the fun now, spread the love, decrease the hate and all other applicable cliches :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"Can't we all just get along?"  :D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Make love not war :D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
Thanks. Why not lets just start the fun now, spread the love, decrease the hate and all other applicable cliches :D

that would be no fun!! lol, but I will agree to quit name calling as long as I recieve the same
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Time for a group hug?   :D

Mr. Intenseone

Did you catch that on Bill Maher last night?  150 graduates of Pat Robertson's Regent University are in the Bush Administration?  ::) "Regent Law was ranked in Tier 4 by U.S. News, the lowest ranking and essentially a tie for 136th place out of 170 schools surveyed."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/monica-goodling-one-of-1_b_44588.html

Regent recently hired former attorney general John Ashcroft for the class on "Human Rights, Civil Liberties, and National Security." http://www.regent.edu/news/_press_releases/march_2005/ashcroft.cfm ahahhahhahahhahahhahhaha

Bill Mahar and Ariana Huffington are synonomus with idoitism and the anti-american, pro-communtist, George Soros, Hollywood left moral losers that they are!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
that would be no fun!! lol, but I will agree to quit name calling as long as I recieve the same

Thats nice to hear, seriously. Btw, I never call anyone bad names anyway.

Time for a group hug?   :D

That's the spirit Beachbum!

Edit: I-One just came in and ruined our Kodak moment here >:(