Author Topic: 2008 Ms Fitness, & Ms Figure International - Full Results  (Read 5135 times)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
2008 Ms Fitness, & Ms Figure International - Full Results
« on: February 29, 2008, 11:36:45 PM »
Full results:

Ms Fitness International

01. Kimberly Klein
02. Jen Hendershott
03. Julie Palmer
04. Julie Lohre
05. Tracey Greenwood
06. Regiane Da Silva
07. Stacy Simons
08. Bethany Gainey
09. Mindi O'Brien
10. Oksana Grishina
11. Tina Durkin
12. Tanya Merryman

Ms Figure International

01. Gina Aliotti
02. Jennifer Gates
03. Amy Fry
04. Chastity Slone
05. Sonia Adcock
06. Paola Almerico
07. Latisha Wilder
08. Natalie Benson
09. Catherine Anderson
10. Kristal Richardson
11. Nicole Wilkins
12. Juliana Malacarne
13. Briana Tindall
14. Deborah Leung
15. Bernadette Galvan
16. Brenda Marie Smith

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Re: 2008 Ms Fitness, & Ms Figure International - Full Results
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 11:38:16 PM »
RESULTS / SCORE SHEETS

LINK

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:49:21 AM »
Congratulations Gina!!!! Jennifer looked very beautiful and balanced. The placings for 1st and 2nd were on point. After that I am not so sure about what was up. I would have had Amy Fry around 5th and Natalie Benson and Latisha Wilder dukein' it out for 3rd and 4th. I think Chastity Slone I would have placed 6th and I have no idea where I would have put Sonia Adcock. Now, I should have prefaced this with the fact I was not at the show. I am basing this opinion by looking at Issacs' incredible pictures and coverage :-*. I was glad to see that they did not just hand Sonia 3rd because she is cute like they did at the O. I am not sure she has the genetics to truly have the balance look that is needed for the pro level top placings she has received in the past. Natalie and Latisha looked great and I can't figure what was up with their placings. IMO they were shown no love. Maybe next time they should put logo's on their suit that say, "Change" or "Yes, we can!". Why not. It's workin' for Obama.  ;)

In fitness I am sooo happy that Julie Lohre is movin' on up. I have been impressed with her from the first time I saw her beautiful gazelle like body flying across a dinky stage at Palm Beach two years ago. She is one of the hardest working pro's in the industry. I hope this win allows her to do a fraction of the shows she did last year. I would have loved to have been there to see Rick's reaction when her name was called. I swore I would never pay to go to the Arnold's again, but I might have just to see that. Issac, if you would have caught a picture of that I am sure you could have captioned it "Pure Joy".  :-* to the both of you.

Barbie

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:21:58 PM »
You are right Malibu...I'm sure the shot was absolutely priceless. 
The sequence of facial expressions probably looked a lot like this
  :-\  :-\  :o  :D  ;D  :-*   :'(  ;D

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:30:24 PM »
Rick, my boyfriend and I were keeping our fingers crossed for a top 3 for Julie.  It seemed like she may have had it during the physique rounds, and we both really liked her routine...

but top 5 for the Arnold is AMAZING!!   She should be soo excited and proud of herself!! Please tell her congrats from me (Erin)!!

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »
Thanks Erin,

We are certainly excited about her placing for her first ever Arnold!  My goodnes, it was absolutely amazing!  To be considered along with women like Jen and Kim...good grief...it was a truly wonderful weekend. 

I want to thank everyone from both Julie and I for all of your support.  Our families, friends, industry folks and other athletes.  You have all been sooo supportive.  It means a lot! 

Big thanks to EVERYONE for the overwhelming support this weekend! 

I think the first pic of Julie below says it all!!!! LOL

Photo of Julie and Tre at the Expo...(See other photo attached IMG_1942.jpg shot 5 years ago at our first Arnold we attended, Amazing 5 years later she's on stage!!!)

Photo Below...5 years ago...

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »
Congrats to everyone on a pretty darn sucessful weekend. Julie in fourth place...definitely not bad for a debut!  ;) Here's hoping to more success in the future!

As far as figure goes, I'm very happy with the new champion and just as happy (if not more so) for the runner-up. Jenn placed 2nd?!?! Besides winning the title, you can't ask for a better debut.  ;D Both of them will dominate the figure scene for quite a while. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 11:20:30 PM »
Congrats and yes craydawg I congratulated Jenn, her placing was well deserved.

Conrats Julie you definitely brought your best.

I think we're also seeing a new Kim Klien inside and out. Props to her from coming into her own this weekend.

Elevate Your Image.™

sue1ross

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »
Since this is a Fitness competition, how can Jenny H win both routine rounds and not win the show???
If it was based on their bodies then it would be Figure.  Someone help me w/ this???  Is it true Kim's routine was based on her leaving her husband for a judge???  Someone said her family was talking w/ him all day on Friday????  Seems like politics have really taken over.  Congratulations to all the girls, they all work just as hard.

Julie Lohre you were awesome also, Best of Luck to you in the future.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
Since this is a Fitness competition, how can Jenny H win both routine rounds and not win the show???
If it was based on their bodies then it would be Figure.  Someone help me w/ this???  Is it true Kim's routine was based on her leaving her husband for a judge???  Someone said her family was talking w/ him all day on Friday????  Seems like politics have really taken over.  Congratulations to all the girls, they all work just as hard.

Julie Lohre you were awesome also, Best of Luck to you in the future.
50% is routine / 50% is physique.

Kim's routine was based on her being single and "Free" from things in her personal life. She didn't leave her husband for anyone. Kim looked better than the Olympia and I thought had a better routine as well - I had her in first and I'm a big Jenny H fan.

Every show there is some conspiracy theory.
Elevate Your Image.™

sue1ross

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:25 PM »
The competitors are not supposed to be judged from show to show, but judged based on the day of the show,the best competitor should win based on that day.  If you watch the replays Kim slipped twice on both of her routines???

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 12:22:52 AM »
The competitors are not supposed to be judged from show to show, but judged based on the day of the show,the best competitor should win based on that day.  If you watch the replays Kim slipped twice on both of her routines???

Kim also had the superior physique at this show winning those two rounds handily. Jen won both of the routine rounds.

Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 12:37:18 AM »
She didn't leave her husband for anyone.

Hard to imagine Rob without Kim or vice-versa.

fitfan8869

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »
Kim also had the superior physique at this show winning those two rounds handily. Jen won both of the routine rounds.

Congrats to all the girls, but I would disagree with this statement.  Part of the physique judging is supposed to be on symmetry.  Just based on the comparison pics I have seen Kim's legs WAY overpower the rest of her body and there is no way she should have won, let alone HANDILY won the 1 piece round (and this is what I heard from several people who saw it live) as I thought the main purpose of that round was muscle symmetry, while to 2 piece was overall muscularity and conditioning?  Her overall conditioning was great. This is the problem with the subjectivity of the judging, you can make any outcome sound good.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »
Tre with mom all grown up.

Elevate Your Image.™

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 09:52:58 PM »
Too cool bro, nice shot! 
Gotta give props to my bro Isaac for all the great work he's doing with Flex now...great to see FLEX getting on it with women's coverage. 
Props to the folks at Weider too - Alan, Chris, Lisa and Peter!  Good on ya gang!
Rick