Author Topic: Warren Buffett reveals 'best advice'  (Read 3268 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Warren Buffett reveals 'best advice'
« on: July 08, 2010, 06:19:05 AM »
What’s the best advice Warren Buffett has ever received?  You might be surprised: It has nothing to do with money.

In an exclusive interview with Yahoo! News and The Huffington Post, he credited his father for teaching him how to live, and explained that all parents can make a "better human being" by offering their children unconditional love:

"The power of unconditional love. I mean, there is no power on earth like unconditional love. And I think that if you offered that to your child, I mean you’re 90 percent of the way home. There may be days when you don’t feel like it, it’s not uncritical love, that’s a different animal, but to know you can always come back, that is huge in life. That takes you a long, long way. And I would say that every parent out there that can extend that to their child at an early age, it’s going to make for  a better human being."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100708/bs_yblog_upshot/buffett-recounts-the-best-advice-hes-ever-received

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
Re: Warren Buffett reveals 'best advice'
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
It has a lot to do with money! If I unconditionally love you as a customer, what are the chances we continue to do business?

I do awesome at sales and client relations, and I think it's because I always think of the customer 1st! Money to me has always been secondary to ppl, so I don't worry about it. However I always come out ahead because my clients take care of me, in return for my caring. Sales are built on emotions, ppl buy cause it makes them feel good. The only way to really make some one feel good, is to take care of them as best as you can.  IMHO
P