Author Topic: Green tea for fat burning anyone?  (Read 1791 times)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
Green tea for fat burning anyone?
« on: October 15, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
I was reading wiki and looks like the thing makes wonderful things, not only make you burn fat but its also anti aging and has lots of other compounds that are good for your healf.

And oh its a natural product I should say (being getbig biased against any kind if supplement)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea

Over the last few decades green tea has been subjected to many scientific and medical studies to determine the extent of its long-purported health benefits, with some evidence suggesting that regular green tea drinkers may have a lower risk of developing heart disease[3] and certain types of cancer.[4] Although green tea does not raise the metabolic rate enough to produce immediate weight loss, a green tea extract containing polyphenols and caffeine has been shown to induce thermogenesis and stimulate fat oxidation, boosting the metabolic rate 4% without increasing the heart rate.[5]

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Green tea for fat loss anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 06:29:04 PM »
it definitely taste good  :D
X

MikMaq

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:30:13 PM »
I'd take the health benefits with a grain of salt, but tea in general, is pretty low in everything, it's basically just flavor leaf.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
it definitely taste good  :D

nice Im going to try it!

A study performed at Birmingham (UK) University, showed that average fat oxidation rates were 17% higher after ingestion of green tea extract than after ingestion of a placebo.[14] Likewise, the contribution of fat oxidation to total energy expenditure was also significantly higher by a similar percentage following ingestion of green tea extract. This implies that ingestion of green tea extract can not only increase fat oxidation during moderately intensive exercise but also improve insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance in healthy young men.

A study performed at the Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh looked at the effects of short-term green tea consumption on a group of students between the ages of 19–37.[15] Participants were asked not to alter their diet and to drink 4 cups of green tea per day for 14 days. The results showed that short-term consumption of commercial green tea reduces systolic and diastolic Blood Pressure, fasting total cholesterol, body fat and body weight. These results suggest a role for green tea in decreasing established potential cardiovascular risk factors. This study also suggests that reductions may be more pronounced in the overweight population where a significant proportion are obese and have a high risk of cardiovascular disease.

unrageable

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Green tea for fat burning anyone?
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »
idiot

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »
I'd take the health benefits with a grain of salt, but tea in general, is pretty low in everything, it's basically just flavor leaf.

Kill yourself already, you retard.

Green tea is great, i drink a lot of that stuff, up to 3 liters per day.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »

of coure its not a miracle thing but if your diet is already healthy I can see how it could even improve it a little bit.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 06:33:36 PM »
i've been wanting to switch over for a while now.. more for it's antioxidants and anti-aging benefits than anything else. i've got some in the cupboard, just i'm not to good at bringing myself to trying new things  :-\

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »

lol no I heard there are some tea that can make a pregnant woman abort the fetus, talk about strong stuff. Also, try eating a coke leaf and tell me its just "flavor leaf', lol please

MikMaq

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »

I love green tea, i didn't mean that in a bad way,  I just don't get hooked into the health benefits, it's just a very good drink that isn't loaded with sugars. Be positive dude you'll live longer.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »
i've been wanting to switch over for a while now.. more for it's antioxidants and anti-aging benefits than anything else. i've got some in the cupboard, just i'm not to good at bringing myself to trying new things  :-\

me too, I used to think teas were for fags but I may be changing my opinion (or Im turining into a fag, whatever)

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 06:39:34 PM »

whats the average life expectancy of japanese and chinese people? isnt the number greater than other  countries populations? It surely is linked to their diet. They drink a lot of green tea dont they?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
whats the average life expectancy of japanese and chinese people? isnt the number greater than other  countries populations? It surely is linked to their diet. They drink a lot of green tea dont they?

don't they also have a very high salt diet ?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 06:42:56 PM »
Yeah, green tea is good stuff.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
don't they also have a very high salt diet ?

DK our resident expert in asian stuff, help us out (no homo)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 06:46:07 PM »
doesnt provide any noticeable benefits

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 06:51:23 PM »
And fishes high in omega 3's, they have a low caloric intake, the list goes on, no one thing will make you live that long, a caloric intake has more to do with it than anything else. I'm weary of people who get attached to healthy foods, thinking there doubling their life span, aside from avoiding poisons like tobacco and calorie restriction no one thing will add more than a few months to your life span.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 06:52:04 PM »
Exactly! And he's a steroid hard-charger, so why do you think he stated this thread?  

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »
And fishes high in omega 3's, they have a low caloric intake, the list goes on, no one thing will make you live that long, a caloric intake has more to do with it than anything else. I'm weary of people who get attached to healthy foods, thinking there doubling their life span, aside from avoiding poisons like tobacco and calorie restriction no one thing will add more than a few months to your life span.

well there isnt a miracle thing but if you compound all the small benefits of many healthy foods then the final effect can be greater then just marginal.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
Exactly! And he's a steroid hard-charger, so why do you think he stated this thread?  

what? oh do you think Im going to use DNP and Im already planning some bs cover up story with green tea? LOL

MikMaq

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »

well there isnt a miracle thing but if you compound all the small benefits of many healthy foods then the final effect can be greater then just marginal.
Oh I agree but calorie restriction is key, and I think to most weightlifters that's a joke, but go ahead man just keep it all in perspective.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 06:55:01 PM »

well permabulking and things like dextrose may interfere with the results dont you think

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 06:56:27 PM »
DK our resident expert in asian stuff, help us out (no homo)

i though so. first google hit...

High-salt Japanese diet not related to cardiovascular mortality

03/06/2007 01:08 am

Dick Hanneman

Tags:

The Japanese diet has the highest salt level among populations around the world. The Japanese have the longest living population on Earth. Granted, there are lots of confounders, but those are hard facts and relevant to the question of whether low-salt diets are healther and extend life.

A new study, e-published on February 22 in the International Journal of Epidemiology by Taichi Shimazu, et al. reports the results of a seven-year follow-up study of 40,547 Japanese men and women, ages 40-79. The authors identified high blood pressure and high sodium diets as characteristic outcomes of the Japanese diet but concluded that no evidence of any dietary pattern linked to cardiovascular mortality. In fact, the study showed the high-salt Japanese diet to have about 40% fewer CV deaths than in the UK and about 30% less than in the US.

The authors clearly expected another result. They state:

The Japanese diet has so far been considered to increase the risk of CVD because it includes a large amount of salt. In the present study, the Japanese dietary pattern was related to higher sodium consumption and higher prevlance of hypertension. In spite of these risk factors, the Japanese dietary pattern was assocaited with lower CVD mortality.

This is the second health outcomes study of salt intake in Japan. An earlier study found an association between stroke and salt -- but at salt levels much higher than in North America and Europe. In fact, the "low salt" group in that diet had substantially more salt than the U.S. average intake. This study should cause even the high-salt Japanese to consider whether lowering dietary salt will reduce CV risk.

On the other hand, it is yet another study that consistently concludes there is no improvement in health outcomes among populations consuming lesser amounts of salt -- no matter what the government asserts.

http://www.saltinstitute.org/News-events-media/Salt-Sensibility/Health/High-salt-Japanese-diet-not-related-to-cardiovascular-mortality

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
Green tea gives me a dominating aura, its the reason all of my peers fear me. One cup in the morning and let your worries disappear.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 07:01:04 PM »
well look at the name of that website: www.SALTINSTITUTE.org , its like searching for nicotine articles in the library of university of tobacco  ;D