Author Topic: Sooo since I will become a father very soon - Ephedrine to stay awake?  (Read 2916 times)

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Re: Sooo since I will become a father very soon - Ephedrine to stay awake?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 05:55:21 PM »
My wife and I have a 4 month old son. Sleep will be much less than what you're used to. It is all worth it though man. Congratulations - take a deep breath and take it all in stride. Don't forget to smile!
U

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
take a lot of pics.  lay off the stimulants now... you wanna be fresh receptive when the time comes.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »
Worst is when they cry because of colic. Get something for that or ask around what helped best.

Important is to help raise the baby.
My son is more attached to me now because I stayed home with him for 6 months after his mom went back to work when he was 3 months.
He is a great kid when he's with me and terrible when he's with his mom, not the same person.
So DO invest your time in the baby. It really pays off...

Oh and it is true that you're free time is now over in the sense that you can't get out of the house when you want or as fast as you want anymore.
You have to think about if you have everything for the little one (making a mess in his carseat and don't have a diaper is not the greatest for example)
Going to restaurants is not so easy anymore because you have to entertain the little one instead of enjoying food or conversation.

But on the other hand: you learn what the true meaning is of unconditional love (no homo)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 07:45:51 PM »
Important is to help raise the baby.
My son is more attached to me now because I stayed home with him for 6 months after his mom went back to work when he was 3 months.
He is a great kid when he's with me and terrible when he's with his mom, not the same person.
So DO invest your time in the baby. It really pays off...

yeah - I agree with this.  my son is 3 now.  I've been home with him just about every day since he was born.  and he is a diff kid around me than with mama.  and it's amazing the things he has learned already. 

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »
and it's amazing the things he has learned already.

You mean to say he can design a website for me for $3? Businesscards included?

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
Why not attack the root of the problem: child that doesn't sleep when you want to?
Google Dr. Richard Ferber or Ferberization for self soothing methods for babies or:
http://www.amazon.com/Solve-Your-Childs-Sleep-Problems/dp/0743201639/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256701244&sr=8-1

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »
 Congratulations!! And yes you will be deprived of your sleep. You will get used to it. I am the father of 4 and have had many nights of no sleep. Nothing however compared to my wife, due to her having the milk. You just have to deal with it and turn off the tv and go to bed early if you want to maintain your sanity. I would not advise the use of any boosting agents as that will just tap your natural reserves even more and you will pay for it harder in the long run.
    Rule #1 for getting sleep. If you are home with the baby and the baby is taking a nap and you are tired as well..............join them. take a nap whenever you can, I found this to really help when I was home from work on the weekends.
    If sex life becomes an issue then make sure your wife does not coddle the baby all damn day long as the baby will never want to be let go. there comes a time when you just have to put the child in the crib and let it cry itself to sleep. this may take a few hours each night for up to a week. But they will learn and your nights will be much much better.  ;)
h

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »
You'll be fine. Been through it twice. Those who complain are pussies.

The real issue will be down the road when trying to schedule solid gym time around you and your wife's work schedules and who will be watching the kid (one of you, family or daycare). That's when it gets tricky.

And hey, if the ephedrine helps, go for it.

Good luck. Enjoy.

yeah we talked about Gym.... I really have to go because I hit seriousy medical issues if I don't - I have a potential fat liver so I need to keep in shape in order to be healty.
But in all fairness my workout with cardio never took me longer than an hour and I was never the type that goes to the gym to meet other people.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 01:23:50 AM »
all very good advice thank you all very much

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2009, 01:32:32 AM »
One thing that worries me is the sleep deprivation my friends and family tell me about, its like everybody, its actually quite funny - the first thing that most people tell you
when they hear that your wife is expecting is..
A) Game over now man - enjoy your last days of freedom
B) Man the sleep deprivation is crazy you be soooo fucking tired
c) it's only the first 15 years then you get used to it

Closely followed...

A) But don't worry its the best time you will ever have ::)

Anyways - so I know I don't do too good without sleep - so I was wondering anybody who has kids every tried to take some Ephedrine? Does that work?

Congratulations!!

You don't need Ephedrine, stay healthy and be there for your kid.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2009, 01:33:56 AM »
no need, just make sure your woman breastfeeds. It really is the best option for the kids health and gives you your rest for a year or so! win win for dad and the kid. lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

GREAT advice there!

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 04:25:44 AM »
Young parents enjoy putting the fear of God into first-time, expecting parents....it's that simple.   I loathe the "JUST WAIT!!" line from current parents now that my wife and I are expecting our first.

One of the worst that loves to bust my balls all the time about expecting our first came to me not long ago and said, "bro, you have a tax accounting background, right?  Well, I'm getting audited and I flubbed some stuff on my last couple returns.  Can you help me?"  So I looked over his stuff and heard out his story and concluded with some suggestions and he says, "think it'll be bad?"  To which I reply, "JUST WAIT!"  I walked off laughing.
lol

you have a wife ?

how did you get her pregnant ?

was it hard ?

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 04:29:49 AM »
gratulations stark

Stark

• Getbig V