Author Topic: best commercial gym chain  (Read 3692 times)

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: best commercial gym chain
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 09:48:11 AM »
p

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »
hey is that the gym where Vic Martinez trains? Whats the membership cost at that place?
I go by there sometimes, I never noticed the Basement Gym.
I may be totally off here, but I think it's New York Sports Club...I saw it when I was in NY last week.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
R

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »
Blue Danube - oida...

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 11:31:51 AM »
Well the Gold's here have gone down the shitter.  Used to have d-bells to 150 and the owner took out everything over 85 i guess.  He's basically following the Planet Fitness model now.  From what i've heard it won't even be a Gold's when his next franchise license comes up which is good cuz it tarnishes the name.  Then again i've been reading that kind of stuff about corp golds for a bit now.  Sad really  :-[

If you've got or/ are willing to drop the dough each month Lifetime has some amazing facilities.  Not a hardcore place but whatever type of fitness other than pl someone is into is covered, and the amount of women is just insane.

I've been at 24 for about 3 1/2 years now, and for the money it can't be beat.  Paid 3 years upfront for like 700, and now it's 29 per year...yes.....per year ;D  They don't say shit to anyone about deadlifts, squats, or anything really, and you can bring in your own chalk too.  Hell, even if i moved i probably keep renewing it for visits.  You'd spend 29 bucks in 2-3 drop in passes at most clubs

Please tell me you guys weren't serious about pizza night at planet fitness???  ???

Flex1069

• Getbig II
  • Pain is weakness leaving the body.
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »
I hate big commercial gyms, it's like training at Wal-mart.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 01:26:19 PM »
the beer hall gym
F

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »
NYSC Timesquare. 52nd and Broadway. Basement Gym. When your whipped from your session. Walk up the stairs and out the front door. Boom. Your in the Heart of the World! Timesquare=Serious Serious Energy. I love that gym.

Have you tried mid city, 49th and 8th?...Old time bsaement gym, where Arnold and others worked out.