Author Topic: The Dead Horse 1980 Mr. Olympia  (Read 16458 times)

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
Re: The Dead Horse 1980 Mr. Olympia
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
 8)

all these guys were perfect.

$

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2011, 05:37:46 PM »
apparently he decided like half an hour before the show to enter and did some benches and curls, and boom!

typical arnold bs and self propaganda he excelled at

conan filming was delayed, he contemplated competing at least 6 months ahead of time, and he started training about 3 months before the show, its in the bio 'Fantastic', Im not making this up.

well a couple months after he won muscle n fitness chronicaled his training from 6 weeks out he trained with joesph wilkoz or whatever his name is and he looked like he had just started at 6 weeks out....showed him gettin in shape week by week kinda thing,  he killed those guys he dwarfed zane and padilla bigtime..so no zane or padila were not close..he really was much better than everyone.

In Arnold's Encyclopedia, he mentions "I only started preparing 6wks out-half the time I would normally take to get ready." Don't remember exactly where it was, I want to say it was near where he talks about training with the younger guys that had more energy/strength than him, but he was smarter and showed them stuff they didn't know, an equal trade. Their energy for his knowledge.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »
Bro, this is 79 Zane.

THE BEEF

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2011, 09:27:24 PM »
Great pics ND!!!

I plan to steal them.  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
the softest mr olympia of all time=arnie=the most charismatic bodybuilder of all time

have you seen the black and whites from 1980?  He is actually way more ripped than most competitors, the blurry color shots don't show it

spude

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2011, 12:52:26 AM »
have you seen the black and whites from 1980?  He is actually way more ripped than most competitors, the blurry color shots don't show it

nah, everyone looks to be in shape in black white...it's called contrast my friend ;)

Meso_z

• Getbig V

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2011, 02:33:05 AM »
King ZANE was at his peak is '78. P.S. My mom is gonna meet da King next week, when he comes to Columbus for da Arnold Classic, Big Louie will be there as well. This will occur within a privite party context. Yeah, yeah, here come da mom jokes. I'm just wondering if Big Louie will charge her to have a photo taken with her ;D

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2011, 02:38:38 AM »
I've always wondered if part of the reason Zane's side delts were so wide looking was because he had NO front delts. He wasn't much of a believer in bench presses and supposedly he only "sculpted" what he felt was needed.

In other words, he wouldn't do random exercises like so many "bodybuilders" do.

He really stands out in that lineup of 1/4 turns. His delts don't look like anyone else's.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »
i dont see anyone out right beating arnie in any of the above pics posted......

Everyone in the top 5 beats his ab/thigh shot.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2011, 02:57:44 AM »
Good question dys, I read an on-line article about him recently, and he said that nowadays he doesn't even directly train his delts, coz they grow enough just from doing chest and back work. Also, back in the day he posed to "Time" by Pink Floyd, cool dat 8) "And then one day you find 10 years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:45 AM »
I've always wondered if part of the reason Zane's side delts were so wide looking was because he had NO front delts. He wasn't much of a believer in bench presses and supposedly he only "sculpted" what he felt was needed.
In other words, he wouldn't do random exercises like so many "bodybuilders" do.
He really stands out in that lineup of 1/4 turns. His delts don't look like anyone else's.
also perfect tris, that outer head was very developed, great quad outer sweep

Bro, this is 79 Zane.
THE BEEF
big diff between the 2 yrs

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2011, 09:12:29 AM »
funny so many of those pics are blurred out of arnold...truth is arnold dwarfed these guys!!!!  his back was all so much better than all of them in person......in the clear pics u can see this is true...he won this contest by a very wide margin..so he won arms,back,calves,chest .he was in better condition,separation and symetry which is what they judged on back then!!!! with so much more ripped muscle than everyone else.....the reason everyone was so mad he won is he always bragged since he retired that he could get in shape in 6 weeks and beat everyone anytime....then when he actually did it they were all pissed and cried foul,scam this and that,, but people who were there said arnold won hands down not close...

I agree with you, he looked incredible from any angle- but what has got to be the GREATEST mystery of all time has to be what the HELL did he do in terms of a gear schedule in 6 weeks of preparation... I have always wondered about that!
      If you have any ideas on what he could have possibly taken to look that incredible that FAST please write!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
TTT

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2011, 10:47:02 AM »
Good question dys, I read an on-line article about him recently, and he said that nowadays he doesn't even directly train his delts, coz they grow enough just from doing chest and back work. Also, back in the day he posed to "Time" by Pink Floyd, cool dat 8) "And then one day you find 10 years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"

I think he also said that if he had to do it all over again, he would have done less, and he would have gone lighter. He said his shoulders are both injured and that once the "aging process' sets in, you are screwed. He say's that they never stop hurting- no matter what he does, but at the same time, they stay nice and wide with no direct training (these days)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2011, 12:57:35 PM »
also perfect tris, that outer head was very developed, great quad outer sweep
big diff between the 2 yrs

I never thought Zane got enough credit for his quads and calves. IMO he had the perfect balance. I don't like the trend now where the quads are so massive that you can't even walk normally. You waddle like a fat man.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
8)

all these guys were perfect.

And they all had a great full head of hair.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2011, 09:22:02 AM »
I never thought Zane got enough credit for his quads and calves. IMO he had the perfect balance. I don't like the trend now where the quads are so massive that you can't even walk normally. You waddle like a fat man.

correct

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
FYI, Zane was able to squat 405 for 10 and he out squatted arnold back in the day when they used to train together. ZANE>arnold