Author Topic: AP photo shows a gun pointed at Ted Cruz’s head  (Read 2491 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
AP photo shows a gun pointed at Ted Cruz’s head
« on: June 23, 2015, 10:06:01 AM »
Imagine if a liberal was portrayed in an ad like this.  The MSM would be frothing at the mouth.

AP photo shows a gun pointed at Ted Cruz’s head
By HANNA TRUDO
6/22/15

In an Associated Press image that drew comment and criticism on Twitter on Sunday, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is seen speaking with what appeared to be a gun aimed straight at him.

The photograph — taken by the AP’s Charlie Neibergall — actually captured a background poster, with a large semi-blurred image of a handgun pointed at Cruz’s forehead, straight between the eyes.

Cruz was appearing Saturday at CrossRoads Shooting Sports in Johnston, Iowa. During his speech, Cruz, an outspoken proponent of Second Amendment rights, encouraged residents to adopt what he called a Texan approach to guns by simply “hitting what you aim at.”
A day earlier, the Republican presidential candidate accused Democrats of using Wednesday’s church massacre in Charleston, South Carolina, as an excuse “to take away the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.”

Conservative Twitter users said the image showed the AP’s bias against Republicans, while The Breitbart website wrote about the response the AP image would have drawn from the public had it been an anti-gun rally featuring a Democratic candidate: “How many think pieces about violent imagery and responsible reporting would we see?”

The AP responded with a statement late Sunday night.

“Presidential candidate Ted Cruz,” Paul Colford, vice president & director of media relations, said, “was shown in a series of 14 photos taken by an Associated Press photographer at a ‘Celebrate the 2nd Amendment’ event Saturday afternoon, held at a shooting range in Johnston, Iowa. Five of the photos published by AP included images of guns seen on a wall in the background so that it appeared a pistol was pointed at Sen. Cruz’s head.

“The images were not intended to portray Sen. Cruz in a negative light,” Colford said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/ted-cruz-twitter-gun-ap-photographer-picture-119270.html#ixzz3duDfScAH

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: AP photo shows a gun pointed at Ted Cruz’s head
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 10:09:23 AM »
cruz is my #1 choice for president in 2016.

But I gotta ask... did the AP photoshop that image in there?   Or that's the actual photo?   Who was the room planner that thought it wise to put up wall art without thinking about how it would look in photogrpahs?

Are people actually outraged because of a picture that wasn't shopped?   ANd it's twitter users outraged, not cruz himself?

some seriously whiny shit here.  Complain about how the media won't cover cruz and trump being the ONLY anti-amnesty candidates... don't waste time on nonsense like actual undoctored pics.  Shameful.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »
 ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 10:25:52 AM »
::)

Is it all a ruse by 240?

Will we see him begin to ratchet up with his criticism towards Cruz in the coming months?

I got my eyes on you, Rob.  8)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 10:40:12 AM »
So he happened to be in a place with a poster depicting a gun and under a certain angle it looks like the gun on the poster is pointing at him. And?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:44:17 AM »
Jesus Christ Bum, just yesterday you were criticizing the MSM for calling Perry out on his alleged gaffe saying it was very predictable for liberals to jump over something so minor and today you make a complete ass of yourself by doing the exact same thing

Exactly.  I don't think Perry has a legitimate chance to be the nominee, but he just misspoke.  Very predictable for liberals to jump all over something so minor. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 10:51:37 AM »
Is it all a ruse by 240?

Will we see him begin to ratchet up with his criticism towards Cruz in the coming months?

I got my eyes on you, Rob.  8)

Obviously. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 10:53:50 AM »
So he happened to be in a place with a poster depicting a gun and under a certain angle it looks like the gun on the poster is pointing at him. And?

lol.  Yes, just an oversight.  This went through too many people for it be considered a mistake.  It literally jumps off the page.  The hypocrisy by the liberal media is astounding. 

Remember when liberals (including at least one on this board) tried to blame Palin for the shooting of Giffords because Palin had a poster with targets on it? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 11:01:25 AM »
lol.  Yes, just an oversight.  This went through too many people for it be considered a mistake.  It literally jumps off the page.  The hypocrisy by the liberal media is astounding. 

Remember when liberals (including at least one on this board) tried to blame Palin for the shooting of Giffords because Palin had a poster with targets on it? 

LOL - now you "know" this is not a mistake yet you're equally convinced that Perry's statement was an error

how about it wasn't ANYTHING

just a picture of a dude talking at a Gun Range

Here's another one

OMG !!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »
GUESS THE POLITICAL PARTY: AP PHOTO LINES PISTOL UP WITH SENATOR, 2016 CANDIDATE TED CRUZ’S BRAIN

Ted CruzAP Photo/Charlie Neibergall
by BREITBART NEWS
21 Jun 2015

Of course, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is a Republican.

That puts him in proximity with guns and gun posters, as seen in this picture from Associated Press photog Charlie Neibergall, more often than Democrats.

Still, imagine a similar situation–a U.S. Senator campaigning for President–and instead of a pro-2nd Amendment event, it’s a pro-gun control event. Imagine this Senator is standing in front of a giant poster of a pistol–one meant to demonize the weapon rather than promote it.

Imagine that this same AP photographer, instead of shifting a foot to the left or the right, framed a picture with the Senator’s nose almost touching the barrel, as a closer crop makes clear.

Imagine that this photographer, even though he took a few shots with this silly setup, took many more without it. Imagine that his editor–unnamed and insulated from public backlash–chose not one but two but three of those photos to distribute to AP’s clients.

Imagine this scenario–and how would the world respond if the name on those photos read:

Bernie Sanders?

Hillary Clinton?

Even excluding 2016 candidates, what about:

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)?

Gabrielle Giffords?

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), again, is a Republican, and of course his feelings won’t get hurt. He’s a big boy.

But imagine the outcry were he a Democrat. How many think pieces about violent imagery and responsible reporting would we see? How many more if he were a woman?

Keep this in mind for the 2016 campaign. This is the playing field.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/06/21/guess-the-political-party-ap-photo-lines-pistol-up-with-senator-2016-candidate-ted-cruzs-brain/

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 11:08:05 AM »

That was also a hysterical overreaction, as is this. Had the AP photoshopped the gun I could understand the furor over the hypocrisy, but in this case I think you don't sound much different than the ultra-sensitive liberal crybabies. But, that's politics.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »
Yes, let's imagine this same thing happened to Clinton

if the MSM made a big deal about it people like Bum would say something like this

Very predictable for liberals to jump all over something so minor.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 11:12:49 AM »
That was also a hysterical overreaction, as is this. Had the AP photoshopped the gun I could understand the furor over the hypocrisy, but in this case I think you don't sound much different than the ultra-sensitive liberal crybabies. But, that's politics.

Oh please.  This was absolutely not an accident. There are too many people who have to touch a photo like this before it is published.  Even after it is published, there are so many people in the organization who will see it jumping off the page, that it had to be deliberate.  Not necessarily taking the picture from that angle, but unquestionably seeing it before it was published. 

The fact the AP has removed the picture shows they know it was wrong too. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »
Don't you think Cruz himself knew it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
Oh please.  This was absolutely not an accident. There are too many people who have to touch a photo like this before it is published.  Even after it is published, there are so many people in the organization who will see it jumping off the page, that it had to be deliberate.  Not necessarily taking the picture from that angle, but unquestionably seeing it before it was published. 

or it shows they didn't even realize it or think it was a big deal until a bunch of right wing crybabies started shitting their diapers

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
That was the focal point of that wall, if not the entire room. He knew what he was doing, and his group of people knew what he was doing.

Myself, I wonder what he was doing.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
You can sense the crookedness in everything media does. In on a game with Ted Cruz, perhaps? A little high-stakes bonanza, maybe? Stealing a bit of democracy, nudge-nudge?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 11:28:43 AM »
That was the focal point of that wall, if not the entire room. He knew what he was doing, and his group of people knew what he was doing.

Myself, I wonder what he was doing.

he didn't give it a seconds thought, just like the AP.

No one even thought about it until some right wing crybabies started losing their shit

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 11:29:05 AM »

Media selecting the most polarizing and provocative pictures and statements. Shocking. I can understand the whole hypocrisy angle (from all sides) especially when it comes to firearms but really, is the whole argument "the liberals whined about it, now I want to whine too!"? How many articles are there that mention specifically what Cruz talked about and how many that focus on this picture angle numbskullery? I'd rather read the former.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »
he didn't give it a seconds thought, just like the AP.

No one even thought about it until some right wing crybabies started losing their shit

Unless his eyesight is fucked, he would have to be unconcious. And the people that have his back would have to be blind and/or brain-dead or unconcious. So WHY they did it is what we should question.

These people trip their brains out on image and images, and I'm sure you don't think they were blind that day for some reason - both to the focal point of the room and the photgraphers in relation to the man. Absolutely and without question: if the picture and its angle is what it appears to us, there is no way it avoided awareness.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »
it is so weird that cruz would give a speech in a room full of gun pictures, and his face would appear in a pic with a gun image.

Reminds me of the time I went to the zoo and my camera (obviously a liberal device) kept picking up images of giraffes and lions and panda bears. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »
...easiest thing in the world to remove it or change position. Let's not play games.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »
...easiest thing in the world to remove it or change position. Let's not play games.

if the liberal media had 'photoshopped out' pic of guns from a republican speaker... woooo they'd be bitching about that too.

this is why repubs can't win national election - they're overreacting to dumb shit.  they just don't seem tough.  Do you think reagan was always 'offended' and clint eastwood was always 'butthurt over a pic angle'?

Repubs got soft.  Repub media is weak and begging to be offended and need to just appear tougher, like they give no fcks.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 11:51:42 AM »
if the liberal media had 'photoshopped out' pic of guns from a republican speaker... woooo they'd be bitching about that too.

this is why repubs can't win national election - they're overreacting to dumb shit.  they just don't seem tough.  Do you think reagan was always 'offended' and clint eastwood was always 'butthurt over a pic angle'?

Repubs got soft.  Repub media is weak and begging to be offended and need to just appear tougher, like they give no fcks.

That is a very powerful picture, though.

The question is WHY Cruz and media acted together to make it happen. They certainly both acted to do it, and by doing so they each undeniably served the other. Isn't that right?

So why did they do that? That's what I want to know.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »
Unless his eyesight is fucked, he would have to be unconcious. And the people that have his back would have to be blind and/or brain-dead or unconcious. So WHY they did it is what we should question.

These people trip their brains out on image and images, and I'm sure you don't think they were blind that day for some reason - both to the focal point of the room and the photgraphers in relation to the man. Absolutely and without question: if the picture and its angle is what it appears to us, there is no way it avoided awareness.

you're giving these guys way too much credit
these guys are constantly being photographed and they couldn't possibly micromanage or even give any consideration to every possible photo that might be snapped
He was there to give a talk and shoot guns and he's not thinking about how a photo might line up

I don't think Cruz thought about it at all and if he did then you're suggesting he stood there intentionally for purposes of a photo so then you can't really blame the AP

think about Palin giving a chat on cameran while a guy is killing turkeys behind her.

this of all the politicians who been photographed eating food that makes that look silly in hindsight