Author Topic: How lazy have we become as a species.  (Read 5555 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
How lazy have we become as a species.
« on: September 04, 2015, 05:59:07 AM »
Purple, a new pilot app created by one of the co-founders of UBER, promises to fill up your car with gas in either a 1 or 3 hour timeframe.

Obvious safety issues aside, who the fuck would let a stranger drive your car to fill it up with gas?

First world problems.

Story here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/purple-is-an-on-demand-gas-startup-2015-9

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: How lazy have we become as a species.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:22:01 AM »
I'll create one called "Black" and it will do all of your housework, tend to your plantation, and call you master.

::)
a

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 06:24:25 AM »
Joon has one called White that he calls and some black guys come round and sell him crack.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 06:42:44 AM »
We've become incredibly lazy. We have drive thru everything, online grocery shopping that deliver to you, movies on demand so no need for cinema, it's good for people like me though who hate the general public

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 06:44:57 AM »
It's all part of an evil conspiracy by the illuminati to make our lives less stressfull.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »
Evolutionary psychologists and biologists have speculated that one reason that people may feel sadness or depression is because of technology.  100 years ago people had to really work. We took pride in building things, creating things, etc. It gives people a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. But not everything is done for us via technology.
X

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 06:51:26 AM »
Evolutionary psychologists and biologists have speculated that one reason that people may feel sadness or depression is because of technology.  100 years ago people had to really work. We took pride in building things, creating things, etc. It gives people a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. But not everything is done for us via technology.

This is true. When I have a cold beer from the fridge for example, I really enjoy it because I know I worked hard to pay for the fridge and the beer. I can see why people like Josh and Shizzo suffer from depression when they drink beers all day that other people have worked to pay for  :-\

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:08:19 AM »
This is true. When I have a cold beer from the fridge for example, I really enjoy it because I know I worked hard to pay for the fridge and the beer. I can see why people like Josh and Shizzo suffer from depression when they drink beers all day that other people have worked to pay for  :-\

Even blue collar workers who still work their ass off may still not have the same sense of satisfaction as someone 100 years ago. Blue collar workers work their asses off, but with modern machinery and technology, its nothing like plowing a whole field in the 1800's.
X

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 07:16:23 AM »

hey dipfuck
I havent had a drop of alcohol in over 22 years

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 07:28:37 AM »
hey dipfuck
I havent had a drop of alcohol in over 22 years

Calm down lithium breath  :D

Shit 22 is a long time, I didn't drink from the ages 18-29 so I know its not easy.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 07:29:59 AM »
Calm down lithium breath  :D

Shit 22 is a long time, I didn't drink from the ages 18-29 so I know its not easy.

hahaha its paxil breath to you  :D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 07:30:15 AM »
as if gas is that cheap, that you would pay some idiot additional cash to fuel up a 1/4 tank lol

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »
Meanwhile in Russia...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
Purple, a new pilot app created by one of the co-founders of UBER, promises to fill up your car with gas in either a 1 or 3 hour timeframe.

Obvious safety issues aside, who the fuck would let a stranger drive your car to fill it up with gas?

First world problems.

Story here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/purple-is-an-on-demand-gas-startup-2015-9
Sounds like a terrorist plot haTched by ISIS.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 08:57:44 AM »

Sounds spot on to me.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 09:15:58 AM »

100 years ago, people worked  slave-like conditions in life-threatening, dead-end jobs that usually barely provided enough to survive.

I'm not saying people don't get a sense of satisfaction from hardwork, but conditions 100 years ago were much more likely to cause depression.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:40 AM »
I have a job.  8)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
good topic shizz

we are definitely becoming a sedentary species

you see all the fatties going round supermarkets on their mobility scooters

and shake your head at what we have become
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »
This could be a good thing for handicapped people like Navy Mike. Just think, after squatting 400 pounds, he can go home and get paid to rest his bum knee, while he pays someone else to put gas in his Mustang.

America.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
good topic shizz

I don't think this is laziness, but more a testament to how busy everyone's lives have become.   The fact that there is even a need for this - people paying a premium to save themselves 10 minutes of time speaks volumes to me.
Y

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »
I don't think this is laziness, but more a testament to how busy everyone's lives have become.   The fact that there is even a need for this - people paying a premium to save themselves 10 minutes of time speaks volumes to me.

Yeah, the majority of the people I know work 50 hours a week minimum and that's who something like this is targeting. It's hard to even schedule in a weeknight get together unless it's work related.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »
So lazy that if you bitch and moan enough that we'd rather make you a mod on the MMA board than keep hearing you complain.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »
good topic shizz

I feel like tutting to shame these disgusting sub species, the other day I became vexed at the sight of 3 generations slobbing around the shops, the mother in her obligatory fat scooter

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 11:04:45 AM »
100 years ago, people worked  slave-like conditions in life-threatening, dead-end jobs that usually barely provided enough to survive.

I'm not saying people don't get a sense of satisfaction from hardwork, but conditions 100 years ago were much more likely to cause depression.

You missed the whole point of my post. But thanks.
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 11:11:07 AM »

100 years?  Just go back 25 years and life was like that.