Author Topic: Dumb Starbucks  (Read 6180 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Dumb Starbucks
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2014, 08:26:36 PM »
so? Thats not starbucks or mcdonalds problem. Thats your burden. If I went yo my bkss and sai, hey my wife and I just had 2 kids, I can't move anymore you need to give me a raise", hed say "so? Thats not our fault you chose to have 2 more kids. figure it out or go somewhere else.

Lots of people think like you and nome of you can answer WHY a company should be re a uired to pay more just because their employee gas fallen on hard times/made bad decisions.
they just say 'well today you cant just find another job/get educated/etc so therefore the employer is responsible to pay them more', except theyre not responsible for that AT ALL. Just as y9ur neighbor isnt rewuired to pay you a living wage to weed her garden no employer is required to pay their employees a comfortable lower/middle class wage for flipping burgers and mopping floors

I miss our grandparents generation...  :-\

Wish they were still running things

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
you like to use the word they're and underline it a lot to make a point
I can tell
it's very subtle, nicely executed
and convincing
you might be cut out for Starbucks after all
I enjoy a cup of Starbucks every morning I'm on the job site..  I stop by on my way to my consulting job where I earn money commiserate with my experience and skill set.  I don't disparage the work Starbucks employees do and I tip extra when I receive good service.  I prefer the clean atmosphere and efficiency of their organization to dimly lit hovels, staffed with tattooed, and heavily pierced "artists" whose service tells me that their too good to pour coffee and only work here because their genius hasn't yet been discovered.   ::)

A job is worth what the employer and employee decide its worth in a free society.  If it's not enough the employer won't be able to fill the position.  If an employee has skills that are worth more than they leverage those skills for more money.  The whole zeitgeist of debating what people are "owed" is what's keeping civilization back.  You're owed nothing in this world...you earn and prosper based on your abilities.  Or you sit around and complain about what "others" have.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:48 PM »
I enjoy a cup of Starbucks every morning I'm on the job site..  I stop by on my way to my consulting job where I earn money commiserate with my experience and skill set.  I don't disparage the work Starbucks employees do and I tip extra when I receive and good service.  I prefer the clean atmosphere and efficiency of their organization to dimly lit hovels, staffed with tattooed, and heavily pierced "artists" whose service tells me that their too good to pour coffee and only work here because their genius hasn't yet been discovered.   ::)

A job is worth what the employer and employee decide its worth in a free society.  If it not enough the employer won't be able to fill the position.  If an employee has skills that are worth more than they leverage those skills for more money.  The whole zeitgeist of debating what people are "owed" is what's keeping civilization back.  You're owed nothing in this world...you earn and prosper based on your abilities.  Or you sit around and complain about what "others" have.
It's exactly that kind of corporate slave thinking that keeps the rich getting richer and everyone else scraping by or going broke. When the richest country in the world has entire tent cities on the side of its highways, and people just say that's their problem because they're lazy or can't get a job, then the entire society is basically sick. So in other words there's something like a trillion dollars to spend on fighting wars in other countries but not enough to let people live with a roof over their head. That's fucked up, man. No way does the rest of the world work like that, except 3rd world countries.

And if nobody is owed anything, then why do people related to members of Congress or corporate leaders get away with not working for a living. Oh, right, because of who they know. Fuck the slave mentality. Country's full of trust fund kids who don't work a day in their life or pay taxes. I'm not buying into that.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »
And if nobody is owed anything, then why do people related to members of Congress or corporate leaders get away with not working for a living.

???

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
???
they all feel entitled and their parents cover their bills, college, financial fuckups, etc.
don't act surprised, you know what I'm saying
try giving your speech to the people who don't need to hear it

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »
It's exactly that kind of corporate slave thinking that keeps the rich getting richer and everyone else scraping by or going broke. When the richest country in the world has entire tent cities on the side of its highways, and people just say that's their problem because they're lazy or can't get a job, then the entire society is basically sick. So in other words there's something like a trillion dollars to spend on fighting wars in other countries but not enough to let people live with a roof over their head. That's fucked up, man. No way does the rest of the world work like that, except 3rd world countries.

And if nobody is owed anything, then why do people related to members of Congress or corporate leaders get away with not working for a living. Oh, right, because of who they know. Fuck the slave mentality. Country's full of trust fund kids who don't work a day in their life or pay taxes. I'm not buying into that.
You might be interested to know that it's possible to be against all forms of welfare...social and corporate.  You're limited to simple left/right thinking.  The Military Industrial Complex is abhorrent.  The real reason for the disparate wealth is due to central banking and it's debt based fractional reserve lending. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2014, 08:46:27 PM »
they all feel entitled and their parents cover their bills, college, financial fuckups, etc.
don't act surprised, you know what I'm saying
try giving your speech to the people who don't need to hear it

That's not a situation of someone owing someone else though. These people shouldn't be allowed to spend their money on their kids? ???

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2014, 08:47:37 PM »
You might be interested to know that it's possible to be against all forms of welfare...social and corporate.  You're limited to simple left/right thinking.  The Military Industrial Complex is abhorrent.  The real reason for the disparate wealth is due to central banking and it's debt based fractional reserve lending. 
That kind of Ron Paul philosophy doesn't work in the system we have. We've got two parties that are basically the same in a lot of ways except social issues and foreign policy, and taxation. But they both work for the corporate/military sector......you have to realize that no matter who you vote for, you get the same people in there. :)

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »
That's not a situation of someone owing someone else though. These people shouldn't be allowed to spend their money on their kids? ???
It's not the point.

A lot of people don't have to do what you said...they can walk around entitled and never work a day in their life. That can't last forever. Eventually people will get fed up of working for slave wages while other people do nothing because of who they're related to.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2014, 09:19:08 PM »
It's not the point.

A lot of people don't have to do what you said...they can walk around entitled and never work a day in their life. That can't last forever. Eventually people will get fed up of working for slave wages while other people do nothing because of who they're related to.
youre sound like a 1st ye A r college know it all hippie.

"If you believe in working for what you earn and making what youre worth, you have a slave mentality, instead you should believe those that have more sbould give it to me, well, because".

Btw, the families of congressman may be entitled, but theyre allowed to if their dad/uncle/whatever feels that he wants to subsidize their life. Theyre not entitled to his money, hes giving them his money. Big difference to y9j feeling like youre entitled to mkre successful peoples cash just because theyre more successful.

I just cant comprehend the mentality of those who believe people with more money/luck/success than they have have some mind of obligation to give it to others. That is the stupidest shit I can think of. You wouldnt gice away youre dog to someone because you had 2 and he had none, and he wanted it, would you?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2014, 09:21:06 PM »
It's not the point.

wat

thats their families money....  they can walk around and not work s mong as their family member chooses to pay for their life... its their money not yours.... why shouldnt they pay for their family? Why do they owe it to anyone else? They dont.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »
youre sound like a 1st ye A r college know it all hippie.

"If you believe in working for what you earn and making what youre worth, you have a slave mentality, instead you should believe those that have more sbould give it to me, well, because".

Btw, the families of congressman may be entitled, but theyre allowed to if their dad/uncle/whatever feels that he wants to subsidize their life. Theyre not entitled to his money, hes giving them his money. Big difference to y9j feeling like youre entitled to mkre successful peoples cash just because theyre more successful.

I just cant comprehend the mentality of those who believe people with more money/luck/success than they have have some mind of obligation to give it to others. That is the stupidest shit I can think of. You wouldnt gice away youre dog to someone because you had 2 and he had none, and he wanted it, would you?
nah
I'm just not a corporate drone like you
and I'm glad I opened my eyes because for years I was
but you're lost man, too lost for any sense to enter your mind
because it's true
there's nothing but darkness in there ;)

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »
wat

thats their families money....  they can walk around and not work s mong as their family member chooses to pay for their life... its their money not yours.... why shouldnt they pay for their family? Why do they owe it to anyone else? They dont.
like I said
slave mentality
you're keeping the rich rich
and the poor poor
the corporate boys are clinking their champagne glasses to guys like you :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2014, 09:23:55 PM »
like I said
slave mentality
and the poor poor
of course 'you dont believe in forcing others to give you what they have, you have a slave mentality'.

well see what you think when they come for yours.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:23 PM »
like I said
slave mentality
and the poor poor

Wait till the "corporate boys" in Brussels bring in a few million more Africans that can drive your forklift.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »
of course 'you dont believe in forcing others to give you what they have, you have a slave mentality'.

well see what you think when they come for yours.
you can have everything I've got
I don't live by my possessions, even if they're convenient when I need them
if everyone had the same amount, rather than 1% having almost everything
I could live with that

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »
Wait till the "corporate boys" in Brussels bring in a few million more Africans that can drive your forklift.
well, if they do, that's good
Africans have suffered a lot, they deserve to be compensated by their former slavemasters
I see no problem

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »
well, if they do, that's good
Africans have suffered a lot, they deserve to be compensated by their former slavemasters
I see no problem

Okay...  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2014, 09:41:11 PM »
America runs on Dunkin. And 3 years ago they had that nifty 3-colored slurpie based on Captain America. Fucking A

I'd like to see a frappe, latte, and iced coffee in those 3 slots.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2014, 09:58:01 PM »
DELETE THAT POST^^^ AND COPYRIGHT

Brilliant  ;D