Author Topic: THE TRUE ADONIS DAILY DIET DIGEST- Or how to eat anything and remain ripped.  (Read 101781 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Starting to cook and bake again.   8)

2 Servings Corn Flakes
1 Cup Milk

Calories-390

Farfalle in Tomato Basil, Six cheese Bake

Calories-520

Southern Chocolate Ice Cream 1 Serving

Calories-140

1 Slice Charlie`s Afternoon Cake by François Payard

Calories-448

Whole Wheat Rotini with Tomato Herbed Feta and Rosemary
Calories-515

1 Cup Orange Juice
1 Serving Valrhona Chocolate

Calories-180

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
1 Piece Charlie`s Afternoon Cake by François Payard
Calories-404

Whole Wheat CousCous with Cheese and Olive Oil

Calories-520

1 Cup Orange Juice
Calories-120

5 Egg and Cheese Herbed Tomato Frittatta
Calories-465

Calories-423

Peanut Butter Truffles
Calories-250

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Bobby Flay`s Cheyenne Burger

Calories-792

Calories-364

2 servings Corn Flakes
1 Cup Milk

Calories-390

Peanut Butter Truffles
Calories-250

CousCous Tuscan Cheese

Calories-400

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Bobby Flay`s Cheyenne Burger
Calories-853

2 Servings Corn Flakes
1 Cup Milk

Calories-390

1 Chocolate South Beach Protein/Fiber Bar
Calories-140

Build a Better Burger American Cheeseburger
Strawberries
Calories-615

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Adam - are you getting the protein requirements you've outlined previously?  I didn't look, but I thought your general baseline was 1 gram per 1b of BW, in addition to the few other guidelines.

Have you changed this assumption, or just not felt like eating it the past few days?
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Adam - are you getting the protein requirements you've outlined previously?  I didn't look, but I thought your general baseline was 1 gram per 1b of BW, in addition to the few other guidelines.

Have you changed this assumption, or just not felt like eating it the past few days?
I try to get about .5 to 1 gram per lb of bodyweight.....Somewhere between there on average.  The Hamburgers I make for instance, from Bobby Flay`s cookbook, usually average around 50-70 grams of protein which is a great deal of my requirements so its rather easy to meet the rest.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Continuing on....Ron really needs to do something about the structural integrity of this site....

Cascadian Farms Oatmeal Cereal
1 Cup Milk
Calories-360

2 Slices Papa John`s Pizza The Works
Calories-660

1 Chocolate South Beach Protein Bar
Calories-140

Strawberries and Heavy Whipped Cream
Calories-105

1 Cup Milk
Calories-360

Strawberry Greek Yogurt
Calories-120

Panzanella
Calories-460

coltrane

• Getbig IV
TA:  Interesting diet.

I don't know much about you, but I am guessing you're working out during all this too, correct?

If so, you'll never actually gain muscle, just starve off bodyfat accumulation.  So i take it you're trying for the lean, more ripped look and less the more muscular look?

What happens when you wanna gain some size and put on some muscle? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

I don't know much about you, but I am guessing you're working out during all this too, correct?

If so, you'll never actually gain muscle, just starve off bodyfat accumulation.  So i take it you're trying for the lean, more ripped look and less the more muscular look?

I do gain muscle on this diet and am able to keep my strength much higher than traditional "bro-science" bullshit bodybuilding diets which I have also used in the distant past to the T. 

There is no reason why you should think otherwise.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

I do gain muscle on this diet and am able to keep my strength much higher than traditional "bro-science" bullshit bodybuilding diets which I have also used in the distant past to the T. 

There is no reason why you should think otherwise.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Really?  You're gaining muscle on 2600 calories/day and a serious lack of protein?

Interesting thread!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Really?  You're gaining muscle on 2600 calories/day and a serious lack of protein?

Interesting thread!
I get .5 to 1 grams per lb of bodyweight which is plenty to facilitate and sustain muscle growth.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
I get .5 to 1 grams per lb of bodyweight which is plenty to facilitate and sustain muscle growth.

Well good luck.  Sounds like an interesting study..
I disagree that you're actually gaining any muscle tissue with the lack of protein, but to each his own.  If anything you're losing bf which is making you think you have gained muscle.

Keep posting.  You should post some before and after type pictures and stats.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Has the ".5" always been part of the equation?   I thought it was a strict 1.
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Well good luck.  Sounds like an interesting study..
I disagree that you're actually gaining any muscle tissue with the lack of protein, but to each his own.  If anything you're losing bf which is making you think you have gained muscle.

Keep posting.  You should post some before and after type pictures and stats.
Here are some various "before" pictures.

Around 175-178 at 5`11 in all of these.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Blahhhh

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Has the ".5" always been part of the equation?   I thought it was a strict 1.
Yah .5 with 1 being the upper range, although if 1 is exceeded its completely fine.

I tend to be somewhere in the middle on average.  My training is 4 days a week with sometimes 5 (rarely) and no cardio.

My training is Heavy and sometimes pretty fast about 40-50 minutes.  Yesterday for instance I did Back which consisted of Pullups to 50 reps in which I started with a 45 lb weight hanging from me.

Then I went on to seated Cable Rows with a straight bar attatchment and did quadruple drop sets (4 sets of Drop Sets).  What I do is start with the heaviest possible weight I can lift for 2-4 reps and continue to drop until the end of the stack or stopping if it gets to easy. Each time to failure and not counting any reps.

I then went to a Hammer Strength High Pulldown Machine and did Quadruple drop sets on it as well, starting with my maximum weight.

Next week I will try starting at a higher Maximum weight and doing drop sets the same. (constant weight progression)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Your diet is pretty interesting and diferent from the typical bodybuilding diets I've seen. Do you worry about getting a specific macronutrient breakdown on your diet or just overall calories?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
TA:  Pics look good.  Shredded.   

Those are all before pics?   How are things now with this diet?  Are you still fairly low on bf? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Your diet is pretty interesting and diferent from the typical bodybuilding diets I've seen. Do you worry about getting a specific macronutrient breakdown on your diet or just overall calories?

Just overall calories with a goal of getting .5 to 1 gram per lb of bodyweight.  My calories come from whatever I feel like eating or cooking.

I am about to make Kenny Shopsin`s Pumpkin Pancakes with some Grade B Maple Syrup I just bought.  Grade B is the highest quality syrup you can get and it takes around 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of it.  It usually runs about 15 dollars for 16 ounces and is true Maple Syrup.

I figured, I might as well make the best possible pancakes to go along with it. :)

http://www.shopsins.com/

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
TA:  Pics look good.  Shredded.   

Those are all before pics?   How are things now with this diet?  Are you still fairly low on bf? 

Yah, I stay this lean year round and eat whatever I want year round as well.  In the fall/winter I increase my calories to around 3000 or so if not more (some months in the winter I may not even keep track).  The highest I will go is around 185 lbs, still lean, but no need to go higher as there is no point in continually gaining fat.

I am still breaking a few Personal Records, one on Shoulder Presses last week.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
1 Cup Milk
Calories-360

Southbeach Protein Bar
Calories-140

Blueberries and Greek Yogurt
Calories-120

Southbeach Protein Bar
Calories-140

Shopsin`s Pumpkin Pancakes with Vermont Maple Syrup and Butter
Calories-400

Avocado
Banana
Kashi High Protein Cereal
1 Cup Milk
Calories-602

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
Yah, I stay this lean year round and eat whatever I want year round as well.  In the fall/winter I increase my calories to around 3000 or so if not more (some months in the winter I may not even keep track).  The highest I will go is around 185 lbs, still lean, but no need to go higher as there is no point in continually gaining fat.

I am still breaking a few Personal Records, one on Shoulder Presses last week.

whats your new record?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
whats your new record?
It was a personal record on the Hammer Strength Shoulder Press, so I don`t know if that means too much unless you are familiar with the same machine.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Shopsin`s Pumpkin Pancakes with Vermont Maple Syrup
1 SouthBeach Chocolate Protein Bar
Calories-480

Tomato Basil Olive Oil with Mozarella Crostinis
Calories-475

Blueberries, Strawberries and Heavy Cream
Calories-160

Southbeach Chocolate Protein Bar
Calories-140