Author Topic: Dealing with depression  (Read 38470 times)

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
Re: Dealing with depression
« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »
yep. you have to feel it. there's no way to explain it.

someone once said this to me: being depressed/suicidal doesn't mean you think life is terrible, it means you think you are terrible and don't deserve life. that's why whenever someone is incredibly depressed, the WORST thing to do is berate them about their life isn't so bad and to try to convince them that other people have it worse. if anything, that just exacerbates the problem by reinforcing the "ugh i'm such a piece of shit" mentality.

Yes. One can acknowledge that they have a good life, but that doesn't mean they're happy.

Telling someone to feel a certain way is a pet peeve of mine. You can't control someone's emotions, they feel how they feel

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #351 on: December 01, 2013, 06:45:55 AM »
It's actually spelled "Faith".

"Faith" is his business model in one word..

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #352 on: December 01, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Just like every other organ in the body the brain has its problems - relative situation has nothing to do with it. No one would tell you to just get over heart disease or a liver condition.

Well said.

Chemical imbalance are measurable and fixable. Depression is one of them. Difference between your brain and other organ problems is that your mind does affect your brain chemical profile. So does your mind creates the chemical imbalance or is it nurture? Often chicken & egg to figure out, especially with depression. That's why a combination of meds and therapy is often the best approach.
®

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #353 on: December 01, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
well obviously it's genetical, you re genetically programmed to be depressed and less resistant to psychological warfare than others. So you need a calmer, quieter, slower lifestyle, a slow pace to not overload your nerves which are weaker , less "muscled" than other people who didnt have their genes corrupted by their parents drug abuse or their mental stability hurt by their past physical or psychological blows; you need to control your relationships more as you re prone to being backstabed by stronger minded people who see you as a toy so you better stick with weaker or similarly minded people isntead. Your life sucks? it could be even worse, that's what most people tell themselves to keep playing the game.
 The problem is that people who come from shity families and have shity genes and predispositions to be depressed are often the ones who have the shittiest education, have to work the shitiest jobs and live around the shitiest people. They re also the ones who have not much money to pay for stuff -drugs, leisures- that would lighten their depressive state and global daily suffering. It's a vicious circle.
The only positive, constructive escape is always the same; sublimation thru work / creative activity.

Now we all know kids from rich families can be badly mistreated genetically, physically, psychologically too, even if they have the money, but the money allow them to last longer; still they can feel as shity as poor people who werent loved either.
I hope that you re not into steroids and practice natural , physical conditioning...cause being extreme about lifting weights and doing drugs has nothing to do with doing something that is really "saving your life"...
We all have phases in our existences where things rebound, and downs. It can happen again even if you re in high times. So only the smartest, strongest, fittest calculate how to always be constantly in the high times, money helps. And yeah at some point you have to find a woman have kids and keep doing the good , healthy stuff you ve been doing . We re animals, "successful" animals dominate and replicate and control the whole thing the best they can with what they have.
There is nothing else to do anyway.

bit long posts lately, but Anyone who doesn't see what a genius this man is ..is a fool or is probably from some small town in idaho

.I don't really care to go into detail sharing stories about families I know to back up the bold but I will say growing up in the san fernando valley where Half of your friends were from beverly hills driving around in Bentleys in high school and   the other half took the busin the ghetto and was on food stamps...def on the money.
l

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #354 on: December 01, 2013, 07:25:54 PM »
well obviously it's genetical, you re genetically programmed to be depressed and less resistant to psychological warfare than others. So you need a calmer, quieter, slower lifestyle, a slow pace to not overload your nerves which are weaker , less "muscled" than other people who didnt have their genes corrupted by their parents drug abuse or their mental stability hurt by their past physical or psychological blows; you need to control your relationships more as you re prone to being backstabed by stronger minded people who see you as a toy so you better stick with weaker or similarly minded people isntead. Your life sucks? it could be even worse, that's what most people tell themselves to keep playing the game.
 The problem is that people who come from shity families and have shity genes and predispositions to be depressed are often the ones who have the shittiest education, have to work the shitiest jobs and live around the shitiest people. They re also the ones who have not much money to pay for stuff -drugs, leisures- that would lighten their depressive state and global daily suffering. It's a vicious circle.
The only positive, constructive escape is always the same; sublimation thru work / creative activity.

Now we all know kids from rich families can be badly mistreated genetically, physically, psychologically too, even if they have the money, but the money allow them to last longer; still they can feel as shity as poor people who werent loved either.

I hope that you re not into steroids and practice natural , physical conditioning...cause being extreme about lifting weights and doing drugs has nothing to do with doing something that is really "saving your life"...
We all have phases in our existences where things rebound, and downs. It can happen again even if you re in high times. So only the smartest, strongest, fittest calculate how to always be constantly in the high times, money helps. And yeah at some point you have to find a woman have kids and keep doing the good , healthy stuff you ve been doing . We re animals, "successful" animals dominate and replicate and control the whole thing the best they can with what they have.
There is nothing else to do anyway.

Your posts are a vicious circle - we're all animals, life is meaningless, blah, blah, blah.

I hope you get help soon.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »
Well said.

Chemical imbalance are measurable and fixable. Depression is one of them. Difference between your brain and other organ problems is that your mind does affect your brain chemical profile. So does your mind creates the chemical imbalance or is it nurture? Often chicken & egg to figure out, especially with depression. That's why a combination of meds and therapy is often the best approach.
what kind of meds are you taking stud?

why not just eat a shitload of sweetpotatoes then white potatoes with tony chacheries creole seasoning, and take monster pyramid shits everymorning
A

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
The really sad part is that once you have experienced depression, especially to a larger degree, it becomes much like riding a bicycle.

You never forget.

Depression is extremely misunderstood, especially by those who have not yet experienced it.

Believe it or not, some people deal with depression their whole lives. Others only temporarily.

There are ways to get proper assistance in minimizing the effects of depression, but just like anything else, there are many attempts that have to be made, and sometimes this process alone can be nearly unbearable.

I work closely with some very depressed individuals. I also work with those who are bipolar. Up one day, down the next.

Fortunately, I have only had to deal with anxiety, which can be a bitch at times, but from what I've witnessed, anxiety is a cake-walk compared to depression.

I don't deal with panic attacks either. Those seem to go hand in hand with anxiety and depression also, but I have been fortunate not to have to deal with them.

Some people do indeed need serious medication. Others can benefit greatly from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It all depends on the individual.

Unfortunately, there is no "one size fits all" solution.

Here's the real kicker. For some folks, the symptoms will come on slowly. Those people have better options, but I have seen those who wake up one day, go about their day "business as usual" and then "WHAM" out of nowhere, it hits. Those are the people that are going to be impacted the most. They never forget *that* day.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »
most depressed people have real reasons to be depressed...it's not like it's coming out of nowhere, they were designed that way by their genes and upbringings and the shit that happen to them just worsen everything. They are threatened , their survival is threatened... they know people want to kill them... it's real; but most normal people are great at ignoring the real mechanisms that underlie life, at pretending to be happy. Depressed people are just smarter than everyone else and realize what life truly is about. The real crazy people, are the others...the "normal" people who live in an absurd world and pretend it has a meaning , who pretend to be more than animals simply because they ignore , dont understand , dont want to know that for everytime they re "winning", someone else is "losing" / dying. The hypocrits. Most depressed people are highly intelligent but were also highly mistreated by people they put trust in. A lot of them die daily. You just dont hear about them. Suicide is the first cause of mortality in the west and it's growing exponentially each year.

And the only way to cure depression is to ...win, dominate, instead of losing and being dominated. Problem is, how do you win when you dont have what it takes. Well, you try to win where you can or you quit playing the game.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2013, 08:56:03 PM »
There is no snapping out of chronic depression. Or any other so called "disease" of the brain...Just like a person can't snap out of cancer or liver disease or heart disease. If a person has been dealing with depression for an extended period of time, it's not like you will wake up one day and it will be gone.
most of the time they need a BREAK and to cut themselves from all sources of frustration to rebuild, strenghten their nerves. Pretty hard if not impossible to do when you have to insure your own survival, the survival of a family and when most people you know somewhat want to kill you/backstab you while pretending to care about you at work, family , friendships. Fact is it's everyone for themselves. A free for all.  
No need of drugs or anything to understand that.

We all die in the end tho, even if you survive several obstacles throu the course of your life, one day you wont be able to do so anymore. Your only satisfcation will be "haha at least that -insert random name- asshole died before i did"

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »
The really sad part is that once you have experienced depression, especially to a larger degree, it becomes much like riding a bicycle.

You never forget.

Depression is extremely misunderstood, especially by those who have not yet experienced it.

Believe it or not, some people deal with depression their whole lives. Others only temporarily.

There are ways to get proper assistance in minimizing the effects of depression, but just like anything else, there are many attempts that have to be made, and sometimes this process alone can be nearly unbearable.

I work closely with some very depressed individuals. I also work with those who are bipolar. Up one day, down the next.

Fortunately, I have only had to deal with anxiety, which can be a bitch at times, but from what I've witnessed, anxiety is a cake-walk compared to depression.

I don't deal with panic attacks either. Those seem to go hand in hand with anxiety and depression also, but I have been fortunate not to have to deal with them.

Some people do indeed need serious medication. Others can benefit greatly from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It all depends on the individual.

Unfortunately, there is no "one size fits all" solution.

Here's the real kicker. For some folks, the symptoms will come on slowly. Those people have better options, but I have seen those who wake up one day, go about their day "business as usual" and then "WHAM" out of nowhere, it hits. Those are the people that are going to be impacted the most. They never forget *that* day.

Happened to my best friend in High School.

Barry Donovan...he went from being a fucking STUD..Popular, smart, funny fucker....Jacked, full ride on a football scholarship,  to a fat pot smoking imbecile that people avoided like the plague because he was so fucking weird.

I will never forget bouncing down the staircase to get to 4th period and he was sitting in a ball on the stairwell.... I'm like "what's up Big B?" And he says "I just don't feel right..I feel weak and not in control".  Didn't think much of it at the time..but he just fell off the planet. Got fat, turned into a fuckup...it was really sad in retrospect. ..he was seeing all sorts of shrinks and shit..came from a great family.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »
Yeah, Graham is a good guy.

Yes he is, for his family and accountant.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #362 on: December 02, 2013, 12:37:09 AM »
He knows
dp is an unrepentant sinner who will be consumed by the lake of fire

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:53 AM »
comeon, depression , that is when things arent sooo good, sometimes things are good,sometimes they arent.

n

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2013, 07:21:02 AM »
comeon, depression , that is when things arent sooo good, sometimes things are good,sometimes they arent.

You don't have a clue. 

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2013, 07:22:02 AM »
You don't have a clue. 

He really doesn't.

Until a person goes through a true clinical depression they have no idea.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2013, 07:29:17 AM »
Im seriously self destructive yet im not depressed, where do I fit in?
I just love anarchy

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2013, 07:31:47 AM »
I just love anarchy

You belong in the Tea Party.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #368 on: December 02, 2013, 07:39:06 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2013, 10:51:11 AM »
bit long posts lately, but Anyone who doesn't see what a genius this man is ..is a fool or is probably from some small town in idaho

.I don't really care to go into detail sharing stories about families I know to back up the bold but I will say growing up in the san fernando valley where Half of your friends were from beverly hills driving around in Bentleys in high school and   the other half took the busin the ghetto and was on food stamps...def on the money.

I grew up in Encino. Attended Birmingham High School. I don't recall Bentleys or ghetto kids. Most of my friends parents were clearly middle class. Some with a little more money than others. My wife grew up on North Roxbury Drive in Beverly Hills, she drove a VW Bug when she attended Immaculate Hearth High School. Guess Los Angeles has changed more than I thought.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #370 on: December 02, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
I just love anarchy

You belong as an employee of Johnny Falcon and he will rid you of dat heme-iron in your body once and for all.  And then you will know peace.   :P

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2013, 11:14:02 AM »
I just love anarchy
One theory holds that self-destructive behavior is an expression of the energy created by the death instinct.  Freud call it a Death Wish.  Those with a death wish don't necessarily wish to kill themselves, but they aren't afraid to put their lives in jeopardy.  These people hold an unconscious desire to die, but that this wish is largely tempered by the life instincts (libido). 
V

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #372 on: December 02, 2013, 11:28:06 AM »
I grew up in Encino. Attended Birmingham High School. I don't recall Bentleys or ghetto kids. Most of my friends parents were clearly middle class. Some with a little more money than others. My wife grew up on North Roxbury Drive in Beverly Hills, she drove a VW Bug when she attended Immaculate Hearth High School. Guess Los Angeles has changed more than I thought.
Looks weak man.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #373 on: December 02, 2013, 12:09:22 PM »

Solid Irish dude in the middle. Is that you chief of staff?
®

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #374 on: December 02, 2013, 12:13:53 PM »

haha, if this lot spilt your drink, you'd be the one apologizing!
O