Author Topic: Are married family men truly happy?  (Read 49360 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Are married family men truly happy?
« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2017, 06:15:40 AM »
Is anybody?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2017, 06:36:00 AM »
Take a look on the average dating site, and you will discover a sea of single parents with serious intentions.

I have no doubt that's the case.  And I'd wager it's those same single parents with serious intentions that are seeking relationship that were probably burned by a former spouse/baby mama/baby daddy that didn't engage in the failed relationship for love, commitment and family values.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
I have no doubt that's the case.  And I'd wager it's those same single parents with serious intentions that are seeking relationship that were probably burned by a former spouse/baby mama/baby daddy that didn't engage in the failed relationship for love, commitment and family values.

Well, more than sometimes things don't workout between people on the long run, even when both have the best intentions. This is just the lack of chemistry for whatever reason. Starting a family is def no guarantee for a solid relationship. In fact, a lot of parents can't deal with the stress & responsibilities of a family, so they're better off without kids.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2017, 08:16:18 AM »
Well, more than sometimes things don't workout between people on the long run, even when both have the best intentions. This is just the lack of chemistry for whatever reason. Starting a family is def no guarantee for a solid relationship. In fact, a lot of parents can't deal with the stress & responsibilities of a family, so they're better off without kids.

As you know I approach everything from a place of God first; although I didn't introduce that here.

SF1900 has definite expertise/education related to dysfunctional families and could speak to this topic in much more articulate, informed manner than I can.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2017, 09:47:33 AM »
 ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: November 06, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #281 on: November 06, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »
As you know I approach everything from a place of God first; although I didn't introduce that here.

SF1900 has definite expertise/education related to dysfunctional families and could speak to this topic in much more articulate, informed manner than I can.

I'm not religious myself, but I believe that a certain religion could function as a moral compass. This might* help making the right steps towards happiness and finding the 'right' life partner.

I'm familiar with SF's professional background, and I'm sure that he created a good understanding about the mechanisms of familiar relationships, but I believe that all of us can learn valuable lessons, simply by paying attention to what happens with others and esp ourselves under certain circumstances. Failed relationships hurt in the beginning, but they also provide great learning material to learn to better ourselves. Hope I'm not rambling here :D

* it just depends on the individual

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: November 07, 2017, 01:20:20 PM »
I'm not religious myself, but I believe that a certain religion could function as a moral compass. This might* help making the right steps towards happiness and finding the 'right' life partner.

I'm familiar with SF's professional background, and I'm sure that he created a good understanding about the mechanisms of familiar relationships, but I believe that all of us can learn valuable lessons, simply by paying attention to what happens with others and esp ourselves under certain circumstances. Failed relationships hurt in the beginning, but they also provide great learning material to learn to better ourselves. Hope I'm not rambling here :D

I agree with you....well said.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #283 on: November 07, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »

A religion could function as a moral compass, but won't fix underlying problems, unless specifically addressed. This is why many therapists incorporate a religious worldview when doing therapy; they recognize that religion plays a part, but cannot account for issues that need to be addressed in other ways.

Learning valuable lessons are difficult, as we cannot see our own unconscious. This is why people continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.
X

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #284 on: November 07, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »
it's probably not bad if you love your wife.

something thyat is truly unhappiness is being a 9-5 working slave.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #285 on: November 07, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »
Marriage these days is pointless though

In the old days it was because you where dependant on eachother in another way. Women where dependant on men for monetary income, men where dependant on women for householding and taking care of children.

These days all this is erased. We are not dependant on a family bond anymore. Machines do famile chores like washing, we drop premade dinners in the micro, and we drop the kids at kindergarden or school.

And the women are so called "independent". But in reality they are not independent. Women are not made to do the work men do. In most workforce areas(besides caretaking types of jobs) they are worthless leeches.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #286 on: November 07, 2017, 01:39:19 PM »
A religion could function as a moral compass, but won't fix underlying problems, unless specifically addressed. This is why many therapists incorporate a religious worldview when doing therapy; they recognize that religion plays a part, but cannot account for issues that need to be addressed in other ways.

Learning valuable lessons are difficult, as we cannot see our own unconscious. This is why people continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Esp the bold part is interesting. I didn't knew that, but I makes sense in order to get a better understanding of someone's thinking and behavior.

Very true, a religion can't fix someone's problems. I think only awareness and the willingness to work on them can help.

The things we can learn from our mistakes are limited, which is why we're always a 'work in progress' (provided that there is any..)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2017, 01:43:05 PM »
Esp the bold part is interesting. I didn't knew that, but I makes sense in order to get a better understanding of someone's thinking and behavior.

Very true, a religion can't fix someone's problems. I think only awareness and the willingness to work on them can help.

The things we can learn from our mistakes are limited, which is why we're always a 'work in progress' (provided that there is any..)

Many therapists will practice from the worldview of their clients; however, the client has to seek out a therapist who shares similar worldviews. On the other hand, a different worldview can make for interesting conversations.

A religion can "fix" someone's symptoms, i.e., they can help the overt problems and provide a moral compass. But a strictly religious worldview will not get to the underlying issue. As such, that is why some therapists practice from a religious perspective (integration of religion and therapy).

We can't see our own unconscious (similar to how a fish does not know they are swimming in water because they have been wading in water for so long). This makes it difficult to see how we are adding to the problem.
X

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #288 on: November 07, 2017, 01:49:50 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #289 on: November 07, 2017, 01:52:59 PM »
If anyone wants to read about why marriages fail, read John Gottman, PhD. Gottman is pretty much the Father of Marriage and Family Therapy.

X

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »
This thread deliveres.
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #293 on: November 07, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »

thatrandomguy#7

• Getbig II
« Reply #294 on: November 07, 2017, 04:24:32 PM »
Is anybody?

no. if you're lucky you get a decent amount of moments of joy interspersed with the shitty stuff but mainly with the grind of just being alive.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #295 on: November 07, 2017, 04:58:44 PM »
jack good post man. i was pretty niave when i got married. i fell for the "princess" wedding, jesus boy doing our vows (im an atheist- still pissed to this day we paid thAt fucker), annoying mother in law with her formal bullshit, 6 and 6 bridemaids and groosman, very old fashion, etc. etc. at the time, i just didnt care. kinda like, oh well sure whatever. as im 30s now, my friends getting married are doing destination weddings, fun stuff with small group of friends, etc. looks so fun, so i am kinda still pissed we did the stupid dog and poney show. that seems like the shit that goes on when you are in your twenties getting married. so my advice, wait till your an adult like age 30 and up. 25 is no adult.

financially speaking, marriage was great for us. my savings was shit, and my wife earns double what i earn. we were able to buy a house, and move up in investments, etc. also, like you said, my wife is very thrifty amd always looks for the best deal. friends we have in their thirties who are marrying are still doing the townhouse or rental thing. so combining assets really can propel you forward much faster.

now, this might not be important to many people. its really not to me. i argue alot about what we buy because id be fine with a shack in the woods. that always seems to be where people argue, is the life style. people have expectations. my expectation was big savings, retire early and small modest home and never worry about money. wife loves work, and wants big houses, nice things. thats our one main wedge, which sucks.

honestly, i was depressed single (wasnt getting laid bcause i wasnt confident (this was before tindr, which
ooks fun and easy) was lonely, had no one to watch dogs when i traveled). i also get depressed being married. so much hot asss out there, and you always thinkg " wow i bet that girl really has it all...nice person, loving, hot, etc...but you never really know. grass is always greeener. its a mental illness which i have. im never satisfied. i do KNOW that if i was single, id still be miserable though. i think im better off married honestly. like others said, working on happiness is the hard part and thats what im goin focus on for 2017. any tips are welcom!

Theres some good points too your post the part I agree on is the financial gains moving you forward faster IF your wife has a good career etc, the issue is for a lot of men is that if they are the dominant earner in the marriage and gathers most if not all the asserts IF (and usually) when things turn bad...well we all know the outcome...

Theres a tired but true old saying...those that play together...stay together, most of us as men are animals bye nature...when we want someone new...we hunt them and usually stop @ nothing until we get them...the Thrill of the case...the smell of fresh meat and all that crap.

Then after the chase is over and as time moves bye we slowly but surely lose that thrill it’s no longer a challenge, the thrill, excitement etc add kids too the mix and everything that goes with it, we start too long for a new hunt.

I’m not saying all of us think like this but IMO MOST of us think like this...sooner or later...the thirst wins...and in return you as a man LOSE...your asserts...your kids...nearly everything.

For those men out there that are SMART...they have a wife that has a actual career earns good money helps generate the asserts and make sure they do as much together as possible it’s that very thing that most of us lose sight of...then you pay,  it all boils down too making smart decisions BEFORE the fact ticking the right boxes BEFORE the fact...unfortunately  for most us men...it’s the wrong head ticking those boxes.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #296 on: November 07, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »
Marriage these days is pointless though

In the old days it was because you where dependant on eachother in another way. Women where dependant on men for monetary income, men where dependant on women for householding and taking care of children.

These days all this is erased. We are not dependant on a family bond anymore. Machines do famile chores like washing, we drop premade dinners in the micro, and we drop the kids at kindergarden or school.

And the women are so called "independent". But in reality they are not independent. Women are not made to do the work men do. In most workforce areas(besides caretaking types of jobs) they are worthless leeches.

Men can be totally self sufficient, I can do everything now myself - the only thing I need a female for is to fuck them. Even the most independent women still needs help from a man. So I agree with you.

K

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »
I agree with you....well said.

UPDATE PICS NOW

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2017, 05:17:59 AM »

Men can be totally self sufficient, I can do everything now myself - the only thing I need a female for is to fuck them. Even the most independent women still needs help from a man. So I agree with you.

Men built the world.  Women need men for their survival.  Most women would never admit this.  Women are only good for sex, not much else.  There are still a few good ones out there, but they becoming harder to find as time passes.

Women today are totally out of control.  Now you have hordes of women coming out of the woodwork claiming these rich men harassed and/or assaulted them.  Notice how it's only a bad thing when an ugly guy does it, but it would be no issue if an attractive guy came on to them.  

DO NOT marry them.  Marriage is financial arrangement/contract and is a horrible deal for men (unless she makes more money than you, which is usually not the case).  The divorce laws are all geared in the woman's favor.  The financial ramifications are too risky.    

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2017, 05:36:53 AM »
Men built the world.  Women need men for their survival.  Most women would never admit this.  Women are only good for sex, not much else.  There are still a few good ones out there, but they becoming harder to find as time passes.

Women today are totally out of control.  Now you have hordes of women coming out of the woodwork claiming these rich men harassed and/or assaulted them.  Notice how it's only a bad thing when an ugly guy does it, but it would be no issue if an attractive guy came on to them.  

DO NOT marry them.  Marriage is financial arrangement/contract and is a horrible deal for men (unless she makes more money than you, which is usually not the case).  The divorce laws are all geared in the woman's favor.  The financial ramifications are too risky.    

^^
To all eager men: this information is priceless