Author Topic: Yay! McDoubles are back to a dollar each!  (Read 28649 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Yay! McDoubles are back to a dollar each!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 09:02:10 AM »
I've been getting blood work twice a year for decades. Never showed any nutritional deficiencies.
What about mental ones?

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
But you have to buy two which is perfect for me. Fifty grams of protein with just the right amount of fat and cabs. Actually, I don't really care about the fat and cabs and have no idea how much is in those burgers, just trying to make those "fitting your macros" guys happy.

Cheap, taste good, nutritious and filling. No need for fries or any other sides. Can't believe it was only a couple of days ago that I paid $1.75 for ONE McDouble.

More eating out and less cooking for me now.

America! Fuck Yeah!

No real nutritional value in these things.  Tasty, of course, cheap, no doubt.  Fast and convenient yes sir. .... but they are fake and bad for you.  All process foods, too much sodium simple cabs/sugar and saturated fats, the animals they use are filled with diseases  and raised inhumanely.  Their vegetables are non organic and filled with dangerous pesticides  and toxins!!

That being said, I'm going to go pound some down with Wes!
Mr. AZ 2003

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 11:53:38 AM »
I love McDoubles!! They've been doing the 2for$2 for awhile now here. Good stuff.
 I used to like BK better but seems like they've changed their flavoring. Kind of tasteless compared to McDonalds. Could be why they are continually going out of business where I live now.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2016, 11:54:40 AM »
Seriously, perhaps a new Arnold would bring it back. Someone that charismatic and aestethic could turn it around. And make other good competitors come out of the woodworks...

But then I am disregarding the current trend which makes it impossible for an aeststhic body to win

McD's doesn't need arnold's help!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2016, 10:15:42 PM »
Fast food and other processed junk, would you consider chicken nuggets real food?

It is a remarkable coincidence that you should ask about chicken nuggets. I can't remember the last time I've ever had them but I can say easily over five years ago -- but probably more. It's just not my thing. And it's not because I don't like them. It's because I have to eat so much to get full that I'd rather buy some kind of burger than spend $10 to get enough chicken nuggets.

But last Sunday I was at the grocery store and saw they had them on sale for 3 pounds for only five bucks. It takes a couple of minutes in the microwave and it goes great with the Ranch Dressing and BBQ sauce I had on hand. I quickly became addicted to them and have been eating them everyday (including today's breakfast) for two of my three meals per day. I bought another bag a couple of days ago along with more Ranch and BBQ sauce.

Now, I just checked the bag and according to the macro nutrient profile it contains 14g of fat, 12g of carbs, and 9g of protein per serving (4 nuggets).

Since these chicken nuggets comprised 2/3 of my meals per day, and I don't feel hungry or malnourished and my strength in the gym has not changed, I have no reason to doubt the veracity with the macro nutrient profile as presented. Though I'm sure it varies somewhat by serving, I believe the protein content claimed is indeed recognize by my body as such and processed, broken down into amino acids, and assimilated like any other protein I ingest, be it whey protein or a slice of Talapia.  Same processing procedure that is specific to the carbohydrate and fat content as with any other carb or fat.

So I don't think it is unreasonable to conclude that the contents of these nuggets do indeed contain real protein, real carbohydrates and real fat and therefore qualify as real food. After all, if it were fake protein, carbs and fats I'm sure I'd be feeling the adverse effects by now.

Cheap chicken nuggets and a buck for a McDouble -- happy days are here again.

And who says America is not a great country. Maybe not as great as in past years, but still great and still number one.

And McRibs are back! The gravy train never ends in this land of opportunity and prosperity.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 10:29:03 PM »
Love me some nutritious McDonalds sandwiches!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 11:23:36 PM »
If I ate one of them I'd be burping them up for a good 5-6 hours. Something not right about them. Don't have that problem at Wendy's.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 12:47:26 AM »
If I ate one of them I'd be burping them up for a good 5-6 hours. Something not right about them. Don't have that problem at Wendy's.

When you come from a family of nine you quickly learn not to become a picky and finicky eater and you develop a rather hardy and durable digestive system.

It always amazes me when I hear a parent ask their children what  they want for dinner. The idea of any of us kids having any say whatsoever as to what would be served was just beyond our comprehension. I was visiting a friend at the MCBH (Marine Corp Base Hawaii) and we stopped by the Commissary. To me it was a luxury buffet serving items I could never make at home by myself or have the time and patience to cook like meatloaf, scallop potatoes, beef stroganoff, peach cobbler, corn bread, chicken casserole... I was feasting like a king. Meanwhile my friend was constantly complaining how bad everything was and how it made him sick and he mostly eats out.

It's all about perspective and how you grew up that determines how much of a picky eater you are and what you can handle. After we scraped every last fiber of meat off the turkey bones following Thanksgiving, my mom would boil the bones and then add rice and onions and it would make a stew that would last for another meal.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2016, 02:09:19 AM »
You couldn't pay me to eat that shit. I'd be crying afterwards. I've built a fear for certain foods and McDonalds is at the top of my list.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 03:10:16 AM »
You couldn't pay me to eat that shit. I'd be crying afterwards. I've built a fear for certain foods and McDonalds is at the top of my list.

When Planet Nibiru hits and the race wars are in full swing and all hell breaks loose guys like you sitting in the corner crying and patting your sore tummy will be the first to go. My Hebrew brothers and myself will be holed up in our cave sucking your tear glands dry and feasting on your carcass along with a side of scorpions and roasted rats.

I was at Big City Dinner recently and saw this teenager make this sour face as he looked at his dinner, a dinner he didn't pay for, and said, "This looks so gross."

Americans are some of the most pampered, spoiled people in the world. I so wish I could force that kid to spend in a year in Sudan or Calcutta. After a year of eating dirt pies (literally pies made of dirt) or not eating at all we'll see how gross a Big City platter looks.

Taste just like chicken.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 07:01:35 AM »
I've been getting blood work twice a year for decades. Never showed any nutritional deficiencies.

What kind of blood work are you getting that tests for nutritional deficiencies?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 07:07:47 AM »
food
fo͞od/
noun
noun: food; plural noun: foods

any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink, or that plants absorb, in order to maintain life and growth.

I have no doubt that Chicken McNuggets have "food" contained in them, but the other crap in them plus the way they are manufactured keeps me away from them. Also, I recently had one and they tasted like shit. I do like their fries though.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2016, 07:30:32 AM »
food
fo͞od/
noun
noun: food; plural noun: foods

any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink, or that plants absorb, in order to maintain life and growth.

I have no doubt that Chicken McNuggets have "food" contained in them, but the other crap in them plus the way they are manufactured keeps me away from them. Also, I recently had one and they tasted like shit. I do like their fries though.

Agreed. Only an idiot would say that we should eat this garbage because we are pampered and spoiled, and should just be happy to eat anything that is put on our plate. Dumbest logic ever.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2016, 07:35:29 AM »
Looks like someone needs to watch the youtube vid on how them nuggets are made. Then tell me how much "real food" they contain or if you even want to eat them again.
?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2016, 07:38:39 AM »
I laughed when I began to read this thread. Pellius tries to come off as a serious intellectual, and then he creates a thread being giddy about McDonald's having a sale on a cheeseburger  ???

Pellius, they are fucking cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets. You must lead a very mundane life, if things like 2 for 1 burgers puts you into ecstasy.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 07:41:09 AM »
I see that the food morons are out in full force again, not knowing a fucking thing to what they are talking about.

Even when you educate them as I have many times, they still enter default mode and continue to spout the myths, lies and outright bullshit as fact.

Not sure what can be done.  I even think if they were to visit every step of production, record it with video while taking notes, they would still flip the switch to their own made up version of nonsense.

Its strange really.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 07:42:51 AM »
I see that the food morons are out in full force again, not knowing a fucking thing to what they are talking about.

Even when you educate them as I have many times, they still enter default mode and continue to spout the myths, lies and outright bullshit as fact.

Not sure what can be done.  I even think if they were to visit every step of production, record it with video while taking notes, they would still flip the switch to their own made up version of nonsense.

Its strange really.

Maybe some people just don't like the taste of McDonalds.  :'( :'( ??? ???
X

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 07:43:57 AM »
a

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2016, 07:47:45 AM »
Maybe some people just don't like the taste of McDonalds.  :'( :'( ??? ???
Which is totally fine, but to suggest that there is some mystery to their food or that it is not nutritious or that it is "unnatural" is just blatant stupidity.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2016, 07:48:39 AM »
I heard there's gonna be 10% off Pabst Blue Ribbon.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2016, 08:44:21 AM »
I get a craving for their junk once or twice a year. Last time was last week I was at work and missed my lunch. I was absolutely starving I stopped at McDonald's. I got a ten piece chicken nugget meal a double cheeseburger and mandm Mcflurry. Scarfed it all down in about ten minutes felt sick for the rest of the night lol. It was good but it makes me feel like shit after eating it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2016, 08:49:12 AM »

Its strange really.

The smell of their meat is foul to me. Believe me I would love nothing more than to like their food It would be so much cheaper and easier to live.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »
I get a craving for their junk once or twice a year. Last time was last week I was at work and missed my lunch. I was absolutely starving I stopped at McDonald's. I got a ten piece chicken nugget meal a double cheeseburger and mandm Mcflurry. Scarfed it all down in about ten minutes felt sick for the rest of the night lol. It was good but it makes me feel like shit after eating it.
Nocebo.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2016, 08:54:20 AM »
I did have 4 of their hash browns during holiday travels.
One location's were absolutely horrible in Bumfuck, Arkansas; Pure Grease.
The other location's were delicious in Hometown, Texas.
a

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2016, 08:57:56 AM »
I did have 4 of their hash browns during holiday travels.
One location's were absolutely horrible in Bumfuck, Arkansas; Pure Grease.
The other location's were delicious in Hometown, Texas.

Impossible since all of their locactions turn out the exact same recipes with impeccable standards of quality.