Author Topic: Yay! McDoubles are back to a dollar each!  (Read 28819 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Yay! McDoubles are back to a dollar each!
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »
Who doesnt like a good big mac or 4 every once in a while?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2016, 10:28:51 AM »
Who doesnt like a good big mac or 4 every once in a while?

I don't like the taste of their burgers. If I am going to get a burger, I prefer "Shake Shack" or "Smash Burger."
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2016, 11:35:57 AM »
In the uk at least about 10 year ago McDonald's started to taste like utter shit,I think it was about the time they started taking all the unhealthy shit out and stopped the supersize to try and help the fat disgusting pigs with no self control who eat it every day and shit.
Greasy burgers from those roadside vans taste better than McDonald's these days

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »
I will admit to enjoying a Burger King double Whopper with cheese occasionally. However, I never pretend it's health food.

BK >>> MCD
^^
For a cheat day, sometimes I'll go to BK, but they have HORRIBLE lettuce- I LOVE the shredded lettuce!!!
BK here in Canada puts full lettuce leaves in the burgers which seem to be wilted and greasy, and they don't have any "crunch" factor!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2016, 04:43:47 PM »
What kind of blood work are you getting that tests for nutritional deficiencies?

Directly or indirectly related to diet (I'll leave out hormones even though this can be diet related as well):

Cholesterol
Triglycerides
Glucose
Sodium
Potassium
Cholride
Total Protein
Albumin
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
Electrolytes (Na, K+, CI, C02)
Ferritin (iron)
Hemoglobin & Hemocrit

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »
food
fo͞od/
noun
noun: food; plural noun: foods

any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink, or that plants absorb, in order to maintain life and growth.

I have no doubt that Chicken McNuggets have "food" contained in them, but the other crap in them plus the way they are manufactured keeps me away from them. Also, I recently had one and they tasted like shit. I do like their fries though.

That's the point I was making. Someone mentioned that it's not real food. I don't know what that means.

And I think that there are many food that contain "crap" that you shouldn't and wouldn't want to consume. That's why you "dress/clean" fish and animals. Even the mangos that I recently had I discarded the skin and the seed.

Whether something taste good or not is a separate issue. I was addressing the fallacious argument that chicken nuggets and McDoubles don't have nutritional value.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2016, 05:04:18 PM »
Agreed. Only an idiot would say that we should eat this garbage because we are pampered and spoiled, and should just be happy to eat anything that is put on our plate. Dumbest logic ever.

I said "We should eat this garbage"? Which I take to mean chicken nuggets and McDoubles, since that's what I was talking about. I was saying that I eat them until it morphed into how this is junk food.

Only and idiot believes that the body can distinguish between the three macro nutrients and knows if, say, a protein, is coming from a chicken nugget or a chicken breast. It matters to you because you are motivated by taste but your digestive system knows no taste.

BTW, how has your studious avoidance of "garbage" worked out you? You've already admitted that you don't want to post a pic because you are in such horrible shape. Would anybody look at you at the beach and pool and conclude that you're a guy who takes good care of himself?

And, yes, you should be happy and grateful for any food in front of you. That's why we people of faith always say grace to give thanks for our meal whether it's McDoubles or Filet Mignon.

But, of course you're above this kind of gratitude and appreciation for being so blessed. Just being born in this country, a luck of the draw that you did nothing to earn or deserve, puts you ahead of the  vast majority of the world so you can turn up your nose at things others yearn for.

Yes, you are pampered and spoiled -- and soft. While most have to work real jobs to support themselves you seem to have found a life where you can spend virtually ALL of your walking hours on this board and reading bodybuilder's social media as well as screening and posting various bodybuilding vids.   

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2016, 05:07:52 PM »
Looks like someone needs to watch the youtube vid on how them nuggets are made. Then tell me how much "real food" they contain or if you even want to eat them again.

I have. As I have watched how animals are butchered before taken to market. I have killed and cut open animals myself

What we, and other animals, have to do to get food is an issue with God. If it were up to me it would be a lot different. Everything would be a lot different?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2016, 05:25:19 PM »
I laughed when I began to read this thread. Pellius tries to come off as a serious intellectual, and then he creates a thread being giddy about McDonald's having a sale on a cheeseburger  ???

Pellius, they are fucking cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets. You must lead a very mundane life, if things like 2 for 1 burgers puts you into ecstasy.

You really don't get it about why people despise you so much? Your lack of self awareness is simply breathtaking.

You really didn't get the tongue and cheek nature of my post. That it implies I have a mundane life, which I do. But to translate that into "ecstasy".

Just like when you criticize my physique when you have without a doubt the most disgusting body ever publicly posted on this board, you try to make any comparison between our personal lives. A guy who fakes his own death. A guy who whines and bitches because he doesn't get to talk privately with other mods. A guy who has never had a serious relationship with a girl and is still a virgin. Has a nowhere job. Just can't seem to muster the will power to head to the gym just three times a week for a total of maybe four hours. A guy who needs alcohol to numb himself to the inner pain of his vapid and meaningless life.

Anyway, McRibs are back. I'm in "ecstasy".

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2016, 05:27:43 PM »
You really don't get it about why people despise you so much? Your lack of self awareness is simply breathtaking.

You really didn't get the tongue and cheek nature of my post. That it implies I have a mundane life, which I do. But to translate that into "ecstasy".

Just like when you criticize my physique when you have without a doubt the most disgusting body ever publicly posted on this board, you try to make any comparison between our personal lives. A guy who fakes his own death. A guy who whines and bitches because he doesn't get to talk privately with other mods. A guy who has never had a serious relationship with a girl and is still a virgin. Has a nowhere job. Just can't seem to muster the will power to head to the gym just three times a week for a total of maybe four hours. A guy who needs alcohol to numb himself to the inner pain of his vapid and meaningless life.

Anyway, McRibs are back. I'm in "ecstasy".

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2016, 05:30:31 PM »
pellius and ta destroying legions of morons in this thread

honestly mind boggling arguments here... 'real food' oh brother

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2016, 05:37:39 PM »
X

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »
The smell of their meat is foul to me. Believe me I would love nothing more than to like their food It would be so much cheaper and easier to live.

Which is why I like McDonald's so much. Just a great institution. Inexpensive food, served fast that most people like and in a clean environment. One of the things McDonald's doesn't get enough credit for is how clean and immaculate they keep their restaurants. Every MCDs I've been to has a full time person that is on constant patrol keeping the tables and bathrooms clean.

Last time I was eating in a McDonalds (around a month ago) I just marveled at the older lady just in constant motion wiping down the tables and seats and sweeping and moping and then off to hit the bathroom cleaning detail. Shitty job but I'm grateful someone does it.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2016, 05:45:37 PM »
Which is why I like McDonald's so much. Just a great institution. Inexpensive food, served fast that most people like and in a clean environment. One of the things McDonald's doesn't get enough credit for is how clean and immaculate they keep their restaurants. Every MCDs I've been to has a full time person that is on constant patrol keeping the tables and bathrooms clean.

Last time I was eating in a McDonalds (around a month ago) I just marveled at the older lady just in constant motion wiping down the tables and seats and sweeping and moping and then off to hit the bathroom cleaning detail. Shitty job but I'm grateful someone does it.
I marvel at the things you marvel at.

Such an intellectual. Plato and Sophocles would be proud.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »

You've been posting that same pic over and over and over again for years now. I don't know what it means other then you post it when you've just been owned and have no coherent comeback.

Shizzo, other than being on GB, what are you doing right now? Why don't you do to the gym and just do four exercise movements. A pushing movement, a pulling movement, body weight squats and situps. Just one set each. You'd be surprise at how many people I've turned into life long trainees just by starting out with that routing. You can say it's not going to turn you into what you want to achieve, that goal seems so, so far away, but it's better than nothing. This year is going to past like every other year whether you decide to do anything or not. You don't even have to go to a gym. Do some push ups, buy those rubber tubes and tie it under one of the legs of you couch and do rows, and you don't need anything for bw squats and situps.

Just do it. You will find that it will whet your appetite for more.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2016, 05:50:08 PM »
You've been posting that same pic over and over and over again for years now. I don't know what it means other then you post it when you've just been owned and have no coherent comeback.

Shizzo, other than being on GB, what are you doing right now? Why don't you do to the gym and just do four exercise movements. A pushing movement, a pulling movement, body weight squats and situps. Just one set each. You'd be surprise at how many people I've turned into life long trainees just by starting out with that routing. You can say it's not going to turn you into what you want to achieve, that goal seems so, so far away, but it's better than nothing. This year is going to past like every other year whether you decide to do anything or not. You don't even have to go to a gym. Do some push ups, buy those rubber tubes and tie it under one of the legs of you couch and do rows, and you don't need anything for bw squats and situps.

Just do it. You will find that it will whet your appetite for more.
I don't know whether to feel motivated by your advice, or creeped out by your numerous sexual innuendos.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2016, 06:01:47 PM »
I marvel at the things you marvel at.

Such an intellectual. Plato and Sophocles would be proud.

That's because you don't understand economics and business and how important it is in creating wealth, prosperity and quality of life. And just how difficult it is to build a business like McDonlads with footprints all over the world. The greatness of America is due in no small part to businesses like McDonalds.

What you don't understand is that when a business is successful and profitable (a bad world for the many liberals on this board) it doesn't mean that it's because they are exploiting and deceiving people. it means that they are providing a good and/or service that people want and are willing to pay for. It increases the quality of life for the consumer, the quality of life for the business owner, provides jobs and incomes and support families. The wealth, prosperity, and quality of our lives depends on successful businesses.

Companies like McDonald's and Walmart is more than just cheap burgers and flat screen TVs. It's how we built this country.

Of course anything can be abused but that is a separate issue. Would the quality of life and the wealth of the nation be better or worse if we got rid of McDonalds and all other fast food restaurants?

Have you ever thought of going to school part time and go beyond your high school education?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2016, 06:05:22 PM »
I don't know whether to feel motivated by your advice, or creeped out by your numerous sexual innuendos.

Actually, I'm creeped out by you finding any sexual innuendos in my post. That comment came out of nowhere and says more about yourself and your state of mind.

You're wasting your life. The only difference in your life with each passing year is that you get fatter and older.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2016, 06:09:13 PM »

Yes, they say that about everything. Everything will eventually cause cancer it seems. These warnings have become so ubiquitous as to have lost all meaning and nobody, including you, pays any attention to it.

But in the real world, the fact is people are living longer and healthier than ever before in human history.

If you don't like McDonald's don't go there. I didn't realize how many panties would get into a bunch because I'm glad to lowered the price of McDoubles.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2016, 06:11:32 PM »
Seen a kid from my high school put down 10 McDonald's triple cheeseburgers when they were a dollar back in the late 90's.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2016, 06:13:35 PM »
That's because you don't understand economics and business and how important it is in creating wealth, prosperity and quality of life. And just how difficult it is to build a business like McDonlads with footprints all over the world. The greatness of America is due in no small part to businesses like McDonalds.

What you don't understand is that when a business is successful and profitable (a bad world for the many liberals on this board) it doesn't mean that it's because they are exploiting and deceiving people. it means that they are providing a good and/or service that people want and are willing to pay for. It increases the quality of life for the consumer, the quality of life for the business owner, provides jobs and incomes and support families. The wealth, prosperity, and quality of our lives depends on successful businesses.

Companies like McDonald's and Walmart is more than just cheap burgers and flat screen TVs. It's how we built this country.

Of course anything can be abused but that is a separate issue. Would the quality of life and the wealth of the nation be better or worse if we got rid of McDonalds and all other fast food restaurants?

Have you ever thought of going to school part time and go beyond your high school education?
Is this a Scottish offshoot?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »
Is this a Scottish offshoot?

That's the best you got?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2016, 06:21:35 PM »