Author Topic: New RTB2 clip! Cramping backstage a the Masters Nationals!  (Read 3442 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: New RTB2 clip! Cramping backstage a the Masters Nationals!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 07:07:18 PM »
LOL! Of course not. I do no "takes" at all, except possibly during formal interviews. I shoot "guerilla" style, on the fly, no set-ups, no crew. That's how I get as close to reality as I do. I interfere as little as possible. Just one man and a camera and after a while they forget that I'm there.

More dangerous than steroids are the diruetics that most competitors use on the day of the show. It causes extreme dehydration and an electrolyte imbalance...hence, cramps. Dave is perplexed because he seems to be more susceptible than most for some reason. The good news is that at his last contest (which I shot for RTB3) he used no diruetics at all, experienced no cramping and still was able to come in drier than ever!!

i just don't believe that at all!!!!!!!!!!!! come one! he is cramping like that by taking nothing. i would have settled for a no reply than a lie. he was on something for his toes to draw up like that...don't insult me with lies.  ::) 
whatever he used it worked though..he was dry
irongearco.com

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 07:09:29 PM »
I was being a smartass  ;) If anyone one watched the dvd they'd know how it was filmed- great work Mike, can't wait to watch number 3!

Dave is perplexed because he seems to be more susceptible than most for some reason. The good news is that at his last contest (which I shot for RTB3) he used no diruetics at all, experienced no cramping and still was able to come in drier than ever!!
He was referring to RTB3, it hasn't come out yet.  this thread is in regards to RTB2

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »

i just don't believe that at all!!!!!!!!!!!! come one! he is cramping like that by taking nothing. i would have settled for a no reply than a lie. he was on something for his toes to draw up like that...don't insult me with lies.  ::) 
whatever he used it worked though..he was dry

You misunderstood me. Maybe I didn't phrase it well. I was trying to say that he learned his lesson and that he took nothing at a more RECENT contest than the one shown in the clip.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 07:16:37 PM »
I was being a smartass  ;) If anyone one watched the dvd they'd know how it was filmed-

I knew you were. I just took the opportunity to get that out there because I had been accused in the past of scripting the events of RTB1.

Shraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 07:17:55 PM »
Cool, any idea when you're going to put out RTB3 Mike?

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »
Cool, any idea when you're going to put out RTB3 Mike?

Thanks for asking!

Right now I'm in the middle of editing "Beyond the Pain: The Vicki Nixon Story" about women's BB. Even though Dave has retired, we are still shooting footage for RTB3 as he adjusts to "civilian" life. I'm thinking that it won't be till later next year that I'll be ready to release RTB3.

I know that seems like a long time but these things take hundreds of hours to edit and I also feel that the more time that passes, the more things that happen, the richer the documentary is. Too often these things are rushed out and there's nothing of much significance in them. Not to bash anyone, but that's been the problem with many BB DVDS in the past few years. I've heard people complain that they are boring. I never want my work to be boring.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 01:18:06 AM »
That was pretty scary to watch ... when I did my Contest that was the NUMBER ONE thing I thought about ... damn !  :-\

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 01:34:18 AM »
THATS WHY BODYBUILDING ISSUCH A SHITTY SPORT TO HAVE AS A CAREER SHITTY MONEY INVOLVED ON BUYING GEAR
i

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 07:32:21 AM »

Hey,

The guy posing at 0:55,

Is that one of Ronnie's training partners???  The one in all his videos?
just not good enough

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 07:37:08 AM »
Hey,

The guy posing at 0:55,

Is that one of Ronnie's training partners???  The one in all his videos?

Gus Carter.................. ........................ ...trained with Ronnie

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2007, 07:38:55 AM »
Gus Carter.................. ........................ ...trained with Ronnie

Ah yes, I knew I recognized him!  ;)

Didn't know he competed, when I saw him in in Ronnie's videos I just thought it was some fat guy with huge arms, maybe from tapping into ronnie's stash or something  ;D
just not good enough

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2007, 07:42:32 AM »
Thanks for asking!

Right now I'm in the middle of editing "Beyond the Pain: The Vicki Nixon Story" about women's BB. Even though Dave has retired, we are still shooting footage for RTB3 as he adjusts to "civilian" life. I'm thinking that it won't be till later next year that I'll be ready to release RTB3.

I know that seems like a long time but these things take hundreds of hours to edit and I also feel that the more time that passes, the more things that happen, the richer the documentary is. Too often these things are rushed out and there's nothing of much significance in them. Not to bash anyone, but that's been the problem with many BB DVDS in the past few years. I've heard people complain that they are boring. I never want my work to be boring.

Dave has not retired!................

he just has "Post Partum Contest  Depression"...........in a couple months he will get the itch to compete again

He is a whisper away from turning pro!
He doesn't wanna be THAT guy ("almost made it")
"Whatever happened to/where are they now"
could have been/almost was
Fuck that!...................bE so fucking good the judges can't possibly ignore you next time!
or live a life in regret.................. his choice

(He knows i love him as a friend,but he has to do this)

Mike

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2007, 07:53:31 AM »
what a fucking circus competitive bb is.

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 12:18:37 PM »

Dave has not retired!................

he just has "Post Partum Contest  Depression"...........in a couple months he will get the itch to compete again

He is a whisper away from turning pro!
He doesn't wanna be THAT guy ("almost made it")
"Whatever happened to/where are they now"
could have been/almost was
Fuck that!...................bE so fucking good the judges can't possibly ignore you next time!
or live a life in regret.................. his choice

(He knows i love him as a friend,but he has to do this)

Mike

Please stop Mike! I know you mean well and I hope you aren't totally serious but Dave NEEDS to retire. He needs to LIVE his life now while he still has his health.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2007, 12:56:20 PM »
what a sport when someone has to retire because their body can no longer take the "supplements" needed to compete :-\

I would say retire bro---or one day with that gut of yours, you might end up like that guy on "aliens" where the thing busts out of his stomach===it sure looks like something is growing in there :-\

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 06:12:22 PM »
i thought he turned pro.

hey pm me and tell me how much and what he took to get rid of that water..because he was dry ;D i am serious
irongearco.com

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2007, 06:43:13 PM »
Thats what happens when you are an idiot and avoid sodium. I kept my sodium high throughout my who diet and never had a problem cramping, even at my driest

and thats why you are a national level competitor.

oh wait, your 150 pounds.

most girls that train weigh close to you.

you have no room to critisize anyone, pencil.
b

English_Bob

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2007, 06:49:39 PM »
i bet you the cramping has to do with clenbuterol.