Author Topic: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.  (Read 42143 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.
« Reply #275 on: June 03, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »
there was no child

let's pretend this woman had the abortion in the first 6 weeks
again since you have never answered the question of when you believe life begins and why your opinion is less credible then mine...electrical activity in the brain being the main determination of death could possibly be the main determination of life...electrical activity in the brain of a fetus supposedly starts within 2-12 weeks or somewhere there abouts ive heard many contradicting views...all im asking for is for you to give me when you believe life begins and why? if its logical at least then you have a foot to stand on all your doing now is going iono when but i still think its ok...well if thats the case then iono when it begins either so ill come abort you right now, get it? ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #276 on: June 03, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »
tony - here is my answer to your question from ~ 3 pages ago:

life begins when you're in my address book

seriously, I don't know exactly when life begins and neither do you.

that doesn't mean I have to adopt your default position

here is my belief

If you're against abortion then don't get one

mind your business and leave other law-abiding citizens alone

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: June 03, 2009, 08:43:01 PM »
tony - here is my answer to your question from ~ 3 pages ago:

and as ive already pointed out several times since my stance has a logical basis for my belief my belief is indeed more credible then yours...by your definition infantcide is ok, i could kill you now and it would simply be an abortion...you understand the problem of not defining when life begins?...im not by any means saying im right or youre wrong on this issue im simply trying to open up a discussion about it and get others to understand the fallacy of some of their beliefs...if you use false logic to defend this then please dont complain about gays not being able to marry, glass ceilings, unequal pay for same jobs etc...b/c those all have legitimate arguements but if your ok with false logic in this sense then you should be ok with it in others...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »
and as ive already pointed out several times since my stance has a logical basis for my belief my belief is indeed more credible then yours...by your definition infantcide is ok, i could kill you now and it would simply be an abortion...you understand the problem of not defining when life begins?...[b]im not by any means saying im right or youre wrong on this issue[/b] im simply trying to open up a discussion about it and get others to understand the fallacy of some of their beliefs...if you use false logic to defend this then please dont complain about gays not being able to marry, glass ceilings, unequal pay for same jobs etc...b/c those all have legitimate arguements but if your ok with false logic in this sense then you should be ok with it in others...

tony - NO I don't understand what your problem is

why must I DECIDE where life begins?

NO you can not kill me now and it would simply be an abortion

I am not a cluster of microscopic cells

I am also not a horribly malformed fetus

how does any sane mind draw these conclusions?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: June 03, 2009, 09:09:57 PM »
tony - NO I don't understand what your problem is

why must I DECIDE where life begins?

NO you can not kill me now and it would simply be an abortion

I am not a cluster of microscopic cells

I am also not a horribly malformed fetus

how does any sane mind draw these conclusions?
im not asking you to decide for all of us im simply asking for your opinion?...actually we are all simply made from microscopic cells...If you have no logical reasoning for when life begins then i can apply your false logic and justify infanticide as well...basically what i feel i get from you is that the fetus isnt alive until its born? is that pretty close?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »
im not asking you to decide for all of us im simply asking for your opinion?...actually we are all simply made from microscopic cells...If you have no logical reasoning for when life begins then i can apply your false logic and justify infanticide as well...basically what i feel i get from you is that the fetus isnt a child until its born? is that pretty close?

I've already given you my opinion

decide for yourself and mind your own business

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2009, 09:13:30 PM »
I've already given you my opinion

decide for yourself and mind your own business
LOL  ::) i expected more from you straw... :-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2009, 09:16:12 PM »
LOL  ::) i expected more from you straw... :-\

what more do you want?

I don't impose on your personal life

what you do is none of my business

if your wife, girlfriend or fuck bunny gets pregnant I don't see how it's my business

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2009, 09:37:33 PM »
what more do you want?

I don't impose on your personal life

what you do is none of my business

if your wife, girlfriend or fuck bunny gets pregnant I don't see how it's my business

weve already had this arguement...if i go around killing ppl you dont know is that ok, it doesnt effect you and its none of your business?

to which you will reply im effecting other ppl or something like that
to which ill reply when you have an abortion you effect the fetus
to which youll reply the fetus isnt alive
to which ill reply when do you believe life starts and why?
to which youll reply i dont know...logically leaving the door open to a whole host of other possibilities such as infantcide and justifiable homocide.

at any rate man we are going around in circles you refuse to see my pov or even take any of my constructive criticism, im not saying what i believe is right and what you believe is wrong but your beliefs have no logical basis for them which is foolish and on top of that you dont seem to find anything wrong with it...iono what else to say to you

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2009, 09:40:22 PM »
tony,

can you recognize the difference between a human being and a fetus or something less than a fetus?

yes or no?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2009, 09:45:58 PM »
tony,

can you recognize the difference between a human being and a fetus or something less than a fetus?

yes or no
if you can give me a logical difference we can? I can recognize a physical/cognitive difference but neither of those defines life, a difference in whether one is alive or not is a tad bit muddled which is why i have continued to ask you to define you belief a tad bit

How about this what is the one/multiple qualifier/s of life?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2009, 09:48:53 PM »
if you can give me a logical difference we can? I can recognize a physical/cognitive difference but neither of those defines life, a difference in whether one is alive or not is a tad bit muddled which is why i have continued to ask you to define you belief a tad bit

How about this what is the one/multiple qualifier/s of life?

a microscopic cluster of cells is not a person

it can't get a job, qualify for a mortgage (ok that's getting harder these days) or even sustain its own life

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »
a microscopic cluster of cells is not a person

it can't get a job, qualify for a mortgage (ok that's getting harder these days) or even sustain its own life
We are all simply a cluster of cells so what number of cells constitutes a person?

babies themselves cant do any of those things, nor can elderly individuals, mentally handicapped individuals are they subject to abortions as well? you see by your logic you leave the door open to many possibilities...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »
We are all simply a cluster of cells so what number of cells constitutes a person?

babies themselves cant do any of those things, nor can elderly individuals, mentally handicapped individuals are they subject to abortions as well? you see by your logic you leave the door open to many possibilities...

once you're alive you get to decide what being "alive"  means and when you (by you I mean only you) may die

okay

now what?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2009, 10:20:03 PM »
once you're alive you get to decide what being "alive"  means and when you (by you I mean only you) may die

okay

now what?
LOL hahahah was that a fuking joke?  ;D i hope so and if so i like it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2009, 11:05:29 PM »
have you ever seen an ultrasound in person? as early as 8 weeks even?

Good question.  Pro abortion folks typically try and dehumanize the baby, which is much easier if they haven't actually been involved with the development of a child from conception through birth.  Even "Tiller the Baby Killer" had to know his procedure was killing babies. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2009, 01:04:02 AM »
Good question.  Pro abortion folks typically try and dehumanize the baby, which is much easier if they haven't actually been involved with the development of a child from conception through birth.  Even "Tiller the Baby Killer" had to know his procedure was killing babies. 

I have... still pro-abortion.

What are you saying?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »

The term is Pro Choice, and Tiller who you attempt to dehumanize was an obstetrician & gynecologist.
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2009, 04:34:45 AM »
The term is Pro Choice

Who cares?

Lets call a spade a spade.

I get tired of seeing these two groups be named "pro-life" and "pro-choice".

Choice to do what? Eat shit and then smoke ganja?

Pro-life? There sure are many death penalty supporters in the "pro-life" movement.

It's just political correctness if you ask me. And BULL-SHIT!
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2009, 04:40:55 AM »
fair enough, ...I just hate the obviously transparent attempts to spin. It's bloody insulting.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2009, 07:12:47 AM »
fair enough, ...I just hate the obviously transparent attempts to spin. It's bloody insulting.

::)And yet you post and article about a guy who says:

'I can take a woman, in the biggest trouble she has ever experienced in her life, and by performing a five-minute operation, in comfort and dignity, I can give her back her life'

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's about the biggest spin on this thread.

And yeah, if abortion was illegal, there would be horror episodes in basements with hangers and or many trips to mexico.  I agree.  You won't stop abortion by making it illegal and you'll create more problems.  But that doesn't change the fact that that article is pure spin and that guy has assisted the murder of innocent babies and teaching women not to have to sleep in the bed they made.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2009, 07:31:09 AM »
you have to love the liberals in this country, their man murders everyday and gets paid for it, then someone wacks him, and suddenly it's murder!!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
hey jag you never told me the difference between a man who had a one night stand and a husband? why does the husband have a say and the other guy doesnt, did the husband contribute more to the conception of the baby then the guy who had the one night stand?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2009, 07:40:20 AM »

The problem with the Jesus crowd is that everything is black and white.  The don't see nuance.  They also expect everyone in the country to join them in their delusion and feel justified to commit violence when we don't.

Here's a few patients of the person you call Tiller the Baby Killer

I hope to that Jesus fella you claim to love so much that you and your wife never have to face any of these situations
-------------------------------------
Patients remember Dr. Tiller:  http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2009/06/01/patients-remember-dr-tiller/

A few blog posts and comments from Dr. Tiller’s former patients:

A Heartbreaking Choice:

Up until the moment I sat across the desk from my OB, I held out hope that he would give my son some chance to beat the odds. I couldn’t believe it when he said that there was no chance that he would live very long after he was born. Since I had not even entertained that idea, I was even less prepared for the next thing he had to say, but those words are burned into my memory forever.

“There is no one in Texas who can do this procedure. The only doctor you can go to is in Wichita, Kansas. I talked to him. He seems very nice. Here is his number.” That was it. There was nothing more he could do for us. I could barely stand up when we rode down the elevator.

Even then, I didn’t connect this doctor to the story on the news. It wasn’t until I was on the phone with them, after we went through the procedure, the schedule, the cost, and all the other details that the woman said, “I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but the doctor was shot last month.”

If I wasn’t so numb, I may have screamed, but instead it just washed over me. I couldn’t speak. She explained that there would be protesters. She may as well have been saying “blah blah blah blah.” It just didn’t sink in. This was something on the news far away in another state, not something that was part of my life.

A few days later, we were on our way. It rained the whole drive up. I told my husband to turn off the Oldies station because I didn’t want to always associate Oldies with this drive. We checked into our hotel, a chain that I will never, ever stay at again because of the memories it brings back. We drove by the clinic just to make sure we knew where it was. Seeing it at night brought us a false sense of security.

The next morning there were throngs of protesters. They had graphic posters. They yelled at us and aimed a video camera at our car. I was shaking all over as I had to show ID and go through a metal detector before I was admitted. All the time I was thinking, “How can those people be yelling at me? I don’t want to be here. I don’t have a choice. Don’t they understand?”

(Full piece here).

Another Heartbreaking Choice:

The week we spent in Kansas was one of the toughest weeks of my life, one that I will never forget, nor will I choose to forget, but through my tears of sadness, love helped us through.

We returned home just two days ago, and the pain is ever so fresh, and the memories vivid. A piece of me doesn’t want the pain to ever go away because it is one way for me to stay connected to my son. My beautiful, angelic son, Nathan Jack. Seeing him was one of the hardest things I have ever done, not being able to watch him grow up, or call me “Mommy” is something I will always grieve over, but knowing that we protected and saved him from an existence of hospital stays was our responsibility as loving parents.

We are forever grateful to the Women’s Health Center, the amazing doctor and all staff for being our heaven when we were living in hell.

And another:

I was almost 26 weeks. I showed up for my ultrasound by myself. I was scanned for almost 2 hours. This is when my life forever changed. The scan showed that her little brain was severely calcified, parts were not symmetrical and there was fluid. The doctor took me into a room to talk to me. I told her “please just tell me the truth I need to know.” The Doctor said that she had no idea what this meant but that she felt something was terribly wrong. Within two weeks her brain had gone from “normal” to massive problems. I was sent up to Genetics. The counselor told me that the genetic doctor wanted to talk to me. I requested that they wait until my husband got there. The conversation with this doctor was the same, she felt that something was terribly wrong, but they had no idea what it was. “This looks like the tip of the iceberg” we were told.

The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my life was to decide to terminate this pregnancy. This all happened on a Wednesday.

Friday we had to go and talk with some perinatologists. They told us that they had never seen this before and that they could not tell us what the outcome would be. We did not even get a percentage of what her life would be like. They told us that she possibly could die in utero, die shortly after birth, or be a vegetable. They told us that we could wait another two weeks and have another scan and possibly an MRI. How could I go on another day? It killed me to feel her move around inside. This was so awful.

We had another appointment with the doctor that performed the terminations. We were told that with my conditions and the lateness of the pregnancy he did not feel he could give me the care that I required. That’s when we were referred to the Women’s Clinic in Wichita, Kansas.

I was 27 weeks by this point. I was terrified. The moment I met the doctor, all of that ended. He was a wonderful and loving man. I came in on Monday and gave birth to our baby girl on Friday. We were able to hold her after, and say our goodbyes. That doctor will always be in my heart.

This happened two weeks ago and sometimes I feel like this isn’t real. I miss feeling her inside me. I miss singing or talking to her, touching my belly and have her respond. The hardest part now is that I will never get to see her smile or laugh or to watch her grow up A day does not pass that I don’t think of her. I miss her so much.

More Kansas stories here.

A comment here:

I looked at the woman as she cried about the baby she wanted so badly, & looked in horror at the films showing the cancer eating the child alive. The pain this child must be in & the cries of the parents as they don’t want to let go. Then I hear Dr. Tiller say…”You are so amazing…all the pain your baby is in & you are going to selflessly take that away. You are being strong for him. You are giving him peace he will never know.” 2 days later I cleaned & dressed that little boy before the parents viewed him. The ghastly tumor that had grown through his chest & out his spine a horrific parasite, & a stark reminder of the life he could never have. I watched this little angle at peace & I cried. For all of them. And I felt blessed to be a part of such a wonderful man, who could look in the face of utter hopelessness, & give them comfort. That child was taken home & lovingly laid to rest. That day is how I will remember Dr. Tiller. May his family find the peace he gave so openly.

Another at Balloon Juice:

In 1994 my wife and I found out that she was pregnant. The pregnancy was difficult and unusually uncomfortable but her doctor repeatedly told her things were fine. Sometime early in the 8th month my wife, an RN who at the time was working in an infertility clinic asked the Dr. she was working for what he thought of her discomfort. He examined her and said that he couldn’t be certain but thought that she might be having twins. We were thrilled and couldn’t wait to get a new sonogram that hopefully would confirm his thoughts. Two days later our joy was turned to unspeakable sadness when the new sonogram showed conjoined twins. Conjoined twins alone is not what was so difficult but the way they were joined meant that at best only one child would survive the surgery to separate them and the survivor would more than likely live a brief and painful life filled with surgery and organ transplants. We were advised that our options were to deliver into the world a child who’s life would be filled with horrible pain and suffering or fly out to Wichita Kansas and to terminate the pregnancy under the direction of Dr. George Tiller.

We made an informed decision to go to Kansas. One can only imagine the pain borne by a woman who happily carries a child for 8 months only to find out near the end of term that the children were not to be and that she had to make the decision to terminate the pregnancy and go against everything she had been taught to believe was right. This was what my wife had to do. Dr. Tiller is a true American hero. The nightmare of our decision and the aftermath was only made bearable by the warmth and compassion of Dr. Tiller and his remarkable staff. Dr. Tiller understood that this decision was the most difficult thing that a woman could ever decide and he took the time to educate us and guide us along with the other two couples who at the time were being forced to make the same decision after discovering that they too were carrying children impacted by horrible fetal anomalies. I could describe in great detail the procedures and the pain and suffering that everyone is subjected to in these situations. However, that is not the point of the post. We can all imagine that this is not something that we would wish on anyone. The point is that the pain and suffering were only mitigated by the compassion and competence of Dr. George Tiller and his staff. We are all diminished today for a host of reasons but most of all because a man of great compassion and courage has been lost to the world.

And The George Tiller I Knew at Daily Kos.

These are just a handful of stories, but they help to reveal the complexity of what Dr. Tiller did. The mainstream media has cast him as a “controversial late-term abortion provider,” which is technically accurate. But those late-term abortions he provided were for women in desperate and often tragic situations — women with health complications that made pregnancy dangerous, or women whose much-wanted pregnancies took a turn for the worst. Anti-choicers have latched onto the fact that Tiller’s clinic provided funeral services — if that’s the case, they point out, how is it not clear that Dr. Tiller was killing? In fact, those services were part of the healing process for many families who came to Dr. Tiller in one of the darkest moments of their lives, and who were making unthinkably difficult choices. It’s a tragedy that Dr. Tiller was one of only three physicians providing the late-term therapeutic abortion services that he did. It’s shameful that anti-choicers cast him as a “murderer” for helping women in need. I’ll say it again: The responsibility for George Tiller’s death surely falls on the shoulders of the person who actually pulled the trigger. But when pro-life groups did everything but give him a gun, their hands are hardly clean.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2009, 07:52:29 AM »
::)And yet you post and article about a guy who says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's about the biggest spin on this thread.

And yeah, if abortion was illegal, there would be horror episodes in basements with hangers and or many trips to mexico.  I agree.  You won't stop abortion by making it illegal and you'll create more problems.  But that doesn't change the fact that that article is pure spin and that guy has assisted the murder of innocent babies and teaching women not to have to sleep in the bed they made.

I take it you do not consider pregnancy and motherhood to be life altering?  :-\

hilarious when you hear guys fearful that impregnating a woman will ruin their life,
...but somehow a woman becoming pregnant doesn't experience the slightest change in hers? ???

Now THAT's spin  ::)
w