Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 97803 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #450 on: January 16, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »
Hi Disgusted.

What's you're thoughts/opinions on Tribulius (sp) for a natty?

I keep hearing mixed reports on it...
No doubt about it...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: January 16, 2009, 08:47:39 PM »
I have talked to a few guys that like trib. The main thing is getting the right kind. If you want me to I can ask around and found out who carries a good brand, just let me know. Just remember that it will work to raise test levels, but it's no miracle.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #452 on: January 17, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
I pefer volume say around 10 to 15 sets.  Keep reps about 8 to 12. Sometimes I like to do high reps on legs say 70 to 80 reps on leg extensions. Will do those first. Will go first set 80 reps add a little weight maybe get 50 then add maybe get 35, will do total of 6 sets will take ma about 8 minutes. Move on to leg press or squats. I like to move quick with about 1 minute rest between sets slightly more when doing legs. Get in get out no talking destroy the muscle!!!!!!

just wondering,

my chest is pretty weak, got any tips or suggestions??

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: January 18, 2009, 12:37:35 AM »
just wondering,

my chest is pretty weak, got any tips or suggestions??

Yes, try a pre exhaustion routine for a while. Do say 6 to 8 sets of cables X first or pec dec. Then move on to a compound move from there. Do about 12 total sets and keep your reps at around 10.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: January 18, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »
Yes, try a pre exhaustion routine for a while. Do say 6 to 8 sets of cables X first or pec dec. Then move on to a compound move from there. Do about 12 total sets and keep your reps at around 10.

Jim u are the definition of K.I.S.S

Ill give this a try and photo u the results :)

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #455 on: January 18, 2009, 02:03:37 AM »
I'm a 5'10'' guy, natural. Weight 210.
At roughly what % bodyfat will I start to see veins, and lose these handles, visible 6 pack without flexing?
What weight range would put me close to this?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: January 18, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »
Jim u are the definition of K.I.S.S

Ill give this a try and photo u the results :)

Also, you may want to try flat bench press to the neck. Start in a normal postition and as you bring the bar down keep your elbow out to your sides. Slowly bring it down to your neck as ar as you can. You may not be too flexible at first. Be vary careful not to go heavy on this exercise. Even though this is a compound movement it isolates the chest more because of the bar placement. Do this one first. Start with a very light weight around 25's on each side. Do 10 reps, rest about 30 to 40 sec max. Keep adding 5# plates on each side till you can barely get 8 reps. This should take you around 6 to 8 sets.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: January 18, 2009, 01:50:59 PM »
Also, you may want to try flat bench press to the neck. Start in a normal postition and as you bring the bar down keep your elbow out to your sides. Slowly bring it down to your neck as ar as you can. You may not be too flexible at first. Be vary careful not to go heavy on this exercise. Even though this is a compound movement it isolates the chest more because of the bar placement. Do this one first. Start with a very light weight around 25's on each side. Do 10 reps, rest about 30 to 40 sec max. Keep adding 5# plates on each side till you can barely get 8 reps. This should take you around 6 to 8 sets.

sweet, an old gironda favourite, ill try it after the crossovers, ill tell u how it goes!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #458 on: January 18, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »
I have talked to a few guys that like trib. The main thing is getting the right kind. If you want me to I can ask around and found out who carries a good brand, just let me know. Just remember that it will work to raise test levels, but it's no miracle.

Thanks for the reply, Disgusted.

To be honest i haven't checked out what brands make it here (I'm in Australia), so i might have to check out what brands we have here i guess. If you know of any good brands that would be great, and i can shop around and see if we have them here.
No doubt about it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: January 18, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »

To be honest i haven't checked out what brands make it here (I'm in Australia), so i might have to check out what brands we have here i guess. If you know of any good brands that would be great, and i can shop around and see if we have them here.

its not tribulus but ive talked to a few guys who liked palumbos testolyze, its 6oxo and saw palmetto........u might want to give that a try.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2009, 05:27:13 PM »

See if you can get SoPharma's 'Tribestan', seems to be popular and Amazon.com has some cheap ass prices on it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »
Thanks for those suggestions, i'll check them out.

I just went on ebay real quick to see what they got (i go on ebay cause it's easier than going to the store and buying stuff online like from bb.com or whatever is too unreliable, strict customs and shit)

Anyway, i've seen some stuff that seems to be good value, though i haven't heard of the brand (Mega Pro). Is Tribulus like creatine and it's all kinda the same (regardless of brands) or is Tribulus different?
No doubt about it...

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »

I just went on ebay real quick to see what they got (i go on ebay cause it's easier than going to the store and buying stuff online like from bb.com or whatever is too unreliable, strict customs and shit)

Anyway, i've seen some stuff that seems to be good value, though i haven't heard of the brand (Mega Pro). Is Tribulus like creatine and it's all kinda the same (regardless of brands) or is Tribulus different?
I've heard tribulus is one of those things that you really need a quality brand, maybe disgusted could clarify.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #463 on: January 18, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »
I've heard tribulus is one of those things that you really need a quality brand, maybe disgusted could clarify.

Damn. I saw a few that were the better known brands, but of course they were twice the price.

Oh well, i'll wait to see what Disgusted says and then play it from there...
No doubt about it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: January 18, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »

mega pro is a good brand for some other products so it may be good, but like u said, wait for disgusteds answer

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: January 20, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »

Did crossovers first did about 8 sets on there, got a crazy pump.

Then did the bench to the neck! WOW!! totally isolates the chest i didnt feel it in my shoulders or tris or nothing, just UPPER CHEST! that was awesome.

Then i went and did a few sets of flyes got a maximum pump, then moved to triceps!!!

Great workout! thanx Jim, i really really felt my chest pump up with blood doing this.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: January 20, 2009, 06:23:39 PM »
Did crossovers first did about 8 sets on there, got a crazy pump.

Then did the bench to the neck! WOW!! totally isolates the chest i didnt feel it in my shoulders or tris or nothing, just UPPER CHEST! that was awesome.

Then i went and did a few sets of flyes got a maximum pump, then moved to triceps!!!

Great workout! thanx Jim, i really really felt my chest pump up with blood doing this.

Good job. Upper chest is exactly where you should have felt it. Doing the pre exhaust also helped in further isolating the chest area for the BP to the neck.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »
Good job. Upper chest is exactly where you should have felt it. Doing the pre exhaust also helped in further isolating the chest area for the BP to the neck.

yea my upper chest felt like it was going to explode, i only got about 6 sets though, then i was FINISHED!!! I could feel my chest touching my adams apple lol.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »
yea my upper chest felt like it was going to explode, i only got about 6 sets though, then i was FINISHED!!! I could feel my chest touching my adams apple lol.
I know this is The Positive Board, so let me say this nicely......could you provide pics of said chest touching said adams apple? :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »
I know this is The Positive Board, so let me say this nicely......could you provide pics of said chest touching said adams apple? :)

hahaha, i said it "felt" like it lol! i was no where near it, but it damn sure felt like it lol

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »
hahaha, i said it "felt" like it lol! i was no where near it, but it damn sure felt like it lol
I've seen a few bbers doing this at the gym, to the neck presses, always looked uncomfortable to me.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »
I've seen a few bbers doing this at the gym, to the neck presses, always looked uncomfortable to me.

I just did them today (on smith machine).

I too thought they would be uncomfortable, but they are AWESOME.

Probably the best chest pump i've gotten. Delts seem like they don't even get worked, upper chest was screaming!
No doubt about it...

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #472 on: January 22, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »
How about a back routine that would smoke the lats?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: January 26, 2009, 12:51:32 PM »
How about a back routine that would smoke the lats?

A good isolation exercise for the lat is one arm pulldowns. I sit on a low bench or box under the cable crossover. Pulldown and slightly arch your body to the side at the end of the movement to get a good contraction. Let me know if you understand what I am trying to say here.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: January 26, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »
Jim what was ur favourite training split when u competed?