Author Topic: United Airlines CEO: Before vaccine mandate, one employee a week died of COVID-1  (Read 4302 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
In the coming months I expect we'll see more stories like this

United Airlines CEO: Before vaccine mandate, one employee a week died of COVID-19

United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby painted a stark picture of how quickly he says the company's vaccine mandate has kept United employees out of the hospital. Kirby made the remarks in a letter to staff posted to the company's website on Tuesday.

In the letter, Kirby wrote that while United Airlines has around 3,000 employees who are "currently positive for COVID," the company has reported zero COVID-related deaths in the past "eight straight weeks." Kirby said in the letter that over one United employee "on average *per week* was dying from COVID," before the company's vaccine mandate was imposed.

Kirby emphasized that according to company data, this means that around 8-10 United employees are alive today because of the company's vaccine requirement.

As Fortune reported, over half of United Airline's 67,000 U.S.-based employees were vaccinated by September. The rest at that time were waiting on their first dose or had chosen to face unpaid leave or termination.

Kirby told CBS Mornings in October of last year that 232 United employees were subsequently fired.

The Chicago-based company reportedly has one of the strictest company vaccine policies in the United States, and as NBC Chicago reported in November, at least six employees had filed a suit to block the policy in September. A federal judge in Texas ruled to allow United to continue with its policy.

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/united-airlines-ceo-before-vaccine-mandate-one-employee-a-week-died-of-covid-19

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
HAHAHAHAHAHA! More bullshit lies from another coward.

Laughable.
a

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
HAHAHAHAHAHA! More bullshit lies from another coward.

Laughable.

point out the lies so we can all laugh along with you (or more likely at you)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
The real story is that the company has 3000 positive tests. Without knowing about the people who died, their medical history and the circumstances, his statement is meaningless.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
So you believe the entire planet is pretending to be sick and die to participate in grand scheme to  devalue our currency?

Jesus Christ you Trumptards get dumber by the hour

No shithead. The people who are dying were old and sick to begin with and their deaths
are being attributed to COVID.

Hahahaha. Owned again Dummy

CDC director says study of vaccinated people show 75% of COVID-19 deaths 'had 4 or more comorbidities' | Coronavirus | gazette.com

Jan 10, 2022

https://gazette.com/news/coronavirus/cdc-director-says-study-of-vaccinated-people-show-75-of-covid-19-deaths-had-4/article_2c944302-7267-11ec-91c9-a3689650d909.html

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The real story is that the company has 3000 positive tests. Without knowing about the people who died, their medical history and the circumstances, his statement is meaningless.

I don't recall anyone here asking for that data when the claimed Ivermectin worked and has saved millions

Do you think there is something special about the employees at United compared to the general population or can we assume that as a group they have similar characteristics and distribution of medical issues as the general population

The vaccination rate for the US is ~ 63%

The vaccination rate for United Airlines is at or near 100% since you need to be vaccinated to keep your job

Maybe United Airlines workers are much more healthy than the general population (for some unknown reason)

The CEO said the 3k who tested positive represents 4% of their US workforce (so that's about 75k) and I'm assuming all those 3k are vaccinated or they would no longer be considered "employees" at this point

Kirby said in a memo on Tuesday that "since our vaccine policy went into effect, the hospitalization rate among our employees has been 100x lower than the general population in the U.S. and of the 3k that tested positive none of them have needed to be hospitalized.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Those vaccines are doing a real bang up job for United.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/turbulence-hits-united-air-3000-employees-infected-covid

3k out of ~ 75% employees and so far none of the 3k had to be hospitalized and none have died

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Hahahaha. Owned again Dummy

CDC director says study of vaccinated people show 75% of COVID-19 deaths 'had 4 or more comorbidities' | Coronavirus | gazette.com

Jan 10, 2022

https://gazette.com/news/coronavirus/cdc-director-says-study-of-vaccinated-people-show-75-of-covid-19-deaths-had-4/article_2c944302-7267-11ec-91c9-a3689650d909.html

LOL - what do you think this proves

Tell me in your own words

I can't wait to hear it

Henda

• Getbig V
Or maybe just all who were going to die anyways regardless of vaccine did and the deaths would have stopped anyway? We’re they expecting covid to keep on taking one employee a week till they were all dead?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Hmm, this is similar to saying that pre-COVID, at United Airlines, one employee died per week. Nothing changed since the start of the pandemic even though there have been 3,000 positive COVID tests, still only one employee died a week. Move along...nothing to see here.  ::)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Positive tests mean nothing.

Out of 75,000 United Airlines employees, how many normally die each week?

In a U.S. city of 75,000, how many died each week pre-Covid?

U.S. historical death rates since 1950: 8-10 per 1,000 population.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

Probably 300-400 United employees normally die every year.

An additional 50 deaths is a jump of 15% approx.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Or maybe just all who were going to die anyways regardless of vaccine did and the deaths would have stopped anyway? We’re they expecting covid to keep on taking one employee a week till they were all dead?

You never hear any details on the people so the whole argument is meaningless as you can’t really analyze the data. What you do know is  there are 3000 positive tests indicating the failure of the vaccines. That’s the real story and they’re putting up a smokescreen.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER

U.S. historical death rates:

The 2020 death date was 8.95 per thousand and UAL has 47,000 employees.

So about 420 UAL employees die per year, on average.

Or about 8 employees per week.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
The 2020 death date was 8.95 per thousand and UAL has 47,000 employees.

So about 420 UAL employees die per year, on average.

Or about 8 employees per week.

Straw said United has 75,000 employees but didn't check.

3,000 ÷ 4% = 75,000

The death rate should be considerably lower as the employees are younger.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
So mandate it as a company. It's your business. Run it however you want.

The problem is government involvement.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw said United has 75,000 employees but didn't check.

3,000 ÷ 4% = 75,000

The death rate should be considerably lower as the employees are younger.

The CEO didn't comment on all deaths from all causes

He specifically said that prior to the vaccine mandate (and presumably when they had a much lower vaccination rate) that one employee died each week FROM COVID (and he didn't specify what week of the year he started tracking that)

Also, not that it really matters but here is what I wrote regarding the number of employees (and I specifically said in the US)
The CEO said the 3k who tested positive represents 4% of their US workforce (so that's about 75k)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
"Kirby said in the letter that over one United employee "on average *per week* was dying from COVID," before the company's vaccine mandate was imposed."

Here is what is going on here (assuming it's not blatant lying), it is something I've pointed out before regarding manipulating statistics.  He is comparing a long period since the beginning of 2020, almost 2 years of data when most of their at risk employees had already been hit, to the last 8 weeks when the much less serious Omicron variant appeared.  "On average" could also hide lots of statistical manipulation.  This, plus simple variance in the very small time period being looked at.

It's just like those yearly statistics that include 8 months of time when virtually no one was vaccinated in the "unvaccinated" calculation instead of comparing similar time periods between vaccinated and unvaccinated.  It's simple cherry picking.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
The CEO didn't comment on all deaths from all causes

He specifically said that prior to the vaccine mandate (and presumably when they had a much lower vaccination rate) that one employee died each week FROM COVID (and he didn't specify what week of the year he started tracking that)

Also, not that it really matters but here is what I wrote regarding the number of employees (and I specifically said in the US)

You've got it right here.  He could be talking about having lost 4 employees in 1 month back 6 months ago, and that's it because he doesn't tell enough to make a meaningful comparison.  The way statistics have been manipulated and truth suppressed (see recent CDC director admission of 75% having 4+ comorbidities) I wouldn't trust anything someone said when something like this was left out.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
Always go to the primary source.  Here is the exact language of the letter, it doesn't say they've had no deaths and it doesn't say United actually lost that many before because it is basing it on data other than United's own data.  It's a guesstimate:

"Prior to our vaccine requirement, tragically, more than one United employee on average *per week* was dying from COVID. But we’ve now gone eight straight weeks with zero COVID-related deaths among our vaccinated employees – based on United’s prior experience and the nationwide data related to COVID fatalities among the unvaccinated, that means there are approximately 8-10 United employees who are alive today because of our vaccine requirement."

https://www.united.com/en/us/newsroom/announcements/scott-kirby-employee-note?irgwc=1&clickid=26eVVOyQcxyIWX6XC8ydcwL-UkG3klU5RQrI1M0

These Covid fear pimp scumbags are devious

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Someone please inform the cowards in this thread that I never respond directly to cowards.

Cowards are dangerous, because cowards are reactionary. Cowards never think things through. Cowards only react. Cowards live in fear and fear drives every decision they make. No good decisions are ever made while scared shitless.

Covid HAHAHAHA! I love it. It immediately lets me know who the cowards are.

Thank you Covid.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Thank you. You made my point. That being that COVID is killing people who otherwise would not have died. We can go on for days discussing comorbidities and inaccurate stats, but the bottom line is people who would not have otherwise died when they did are dying because of COVID. It might be because they contracted COVID and got very sick, it might be because they had a bad reaction to the vaccine, it might be because being a shut-in makes people nuts and suicidal, unlikely, but it might be because they suffocate while wearing a mask, or it might be because on their way to get a COVID vaccine they get in a fatal automobile accident. No matter what, COVID is taking the lives of people who probably would be alive had it not been for COVID.

People deal with scary issues, like a pandemic, in multiple ways. Some, many of which post of Getbig, posit that it is some giant hoax or conspiracy...thus pretending it is not real so they can't be affected by it. Other's look for a variety of substitute reasons to explain the additional loss of lives. This could be anything from it is just mother nature's way of reducing an overpopulated world, or it is only people who are fat, old and unhealthy who are dying and they brought it upon themselves, so it is a ingenious plot to make big pharma even richer than it already is or a government ploy to control the people.

What is clear is that faced with these kinds of issues, many folks throw logic out the window and end up making poor decisions or at least making ridiculous claims. Someday in the not-too-distant future, I hope, most will look back on this time with a reasonable perspective. Shit happens, it always has, and it will again.

Carry on Getbiggers, as I know we all will because that's what happens here.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Someone please inform the cowards in this thread that I never respond directly to cowards.

Cowards are dangerous, because cowards are reactionary. Cowards never think things through. Cowards only react. Cowards live in fear and fear drives every decision they make. No good decisions are ever made while scared shitless.

Covid HAHAHAHA! I love it. It immediately lets me know who the cowards are.

Thank you Covid.

Says the person who claims my post was full of lies

Tells us all the "lies" Braveheart

Have some balls and support your statement or you can just admit your post was just another typical right wing knee jerk reaction and you really haven't got a fucking clue