Author Topic: 1,010 pound bench press  (Read 10317 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 1,010 pound bench press
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 04:07:14 AM »
The rule is that the bar must become motionless on the chest,NOT PAUSED for a specific amount of time.If you come down slowly then you will get a short pause call.Funny that an IPF supporter would knock the pause call as I havent seen an IPF/USAPL bench paused in 5 years.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2007, 04:14:19 AM »
What does Gene do raw?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 05:20:53 AM »
The rule is that the bar must become motionless on the chest,NOT PAUSED for a specific amount of time.If you come down slowly then you will get a short pause call.Funny that an IPF supporter would knock the pause call as I havent seen an IPF/USAPL bench paused in 5 years.

You're correct, there is a stop.

I was wrong. I checked the clip again.

Thanks Billy for setting me straight. As for the rest of my objections to Rychlak's lifting, they still stand.

And please enlighten me on how the manufacturers support powerlifting.

The only people who buy gear from Titan, Metal and Inzer, are powerlifters.

In effect, it is the powerlifters who are supporting their own sport.

Without the equipment, we could pay higher fees to the meets for cash awards and whatnot.

I think you realizes this.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 05:23:15 AM »

Kenta Sandvik:

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 05:52:15 AM »
Anytime a big time meet is run,they need sponsors.The only sponsors in powerlifting,or the only consistant sponsors,are the gear makers.Inzer and Titan single handidly have kept many meets afloat by providing the promoters free gear to sell at their meets.They have litterally paid for many lifters to travel to meets and sponsor the world teams and pay for much of the expense,not to mention that they sponsor individual guys with gear.They are  what keeps this sport going.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2007, 09:04:25 PM »
Anytime a big time meet is run,they need sponsors.The only sponsors in powerlifting,or the only consistant sponsors,are the gear makers.Inzer and Titan single handidly have kept many meets afloat by providing the promoters free gear to sell at their meets.They have litterally paid for many lifters to travel to meets and sponsor the world teams and pay for much of the expense,not to mention that they sponsor individual guys with gear.They are  what keeps this sport going.

this man speaks the truth.  they're not all altruistic, but they do extras.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2007, 12:19:32 AM »
Gene's bench was very very strong, As a judge I myself would call it a good lift. Locked out? Hell Yes!!! Just look at his arms when they grab it to rack it the elbows do not go any further cause they were already locked out. Fuck I'm impressed with just how long he held it before starting the lift.

GENE IS THE KING RIGHT NOW!!! There is no one better and Yes I even mean Mendy. I like Scot alot but I myself have yet to see a legit vid of his 1000 plus lifts. And the high 900 pound ones I've seen the spotter guided the bar down. Gene post good vids of all his lifts. Sorry Scot if your reading this ,just calling it like it is. You can be the best but to do that you gotta go through Gene. Right now he is the man!!!!

Wolfy!!!

are you saying that Scott comes from the Dennis James book of benching pressing...For those who haven't seen DJ's bench video or incline for that matter, the spotter holds the bar all the way down and all the way up....

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2007, 05:21:58 AM »
You're correct, there is a stop.

I was wrong. I checked the clip again.

Thanks Billy for setting me straight. As for the rest of my objections to Rychlak's lifting, they still stand.

And please enlighten me on how the manufacturers support powerlifting.

The only people who buy gear from Titan, Metal and Inzer, are powerlifters.

In effect, it is the powerlifters who are supporting their own sport.

Without the equipment, we could pay higher fees to the meets for cash awards and whatnot.

I think you realizes this.

-Hedge

powerlifting without equipment won't happen because the only way you could actually verify it would be to make the competitors lift naked.

i mean, who determines when a piece of clothing assists or not? enter inzer and co.

man will always look for any aid he can get away with in competition. it's the nature of the beast. those that compete for the 'fun of it' don't win.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2007, 05:33:45 AM »
powerlifting without equipment won't happen because the only way you could actually verify it would be to make the competitors lift naked.

i mean, who determines when a piece of clothing assists or not? enter inzer and co.

man will always look for any aid he can get away with in competition. it's the nature of the beast. those that compete for the 'fun of it' don't win.

How about loose shorts and a t-shirt  :-\

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2007, 05:38:41 AM »
How about loose shorts and a t-shirt  :-\

sounds great, but you know someone's going to turn up with briefs and a bench shirt under those loose shorts and teeshirt.

where there's a will there's a way.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »
sounds great, but you know someone's going to turn up with briefs and a bench shirt under those loose shorts and teeshirt.

not only that, but his 3 buddies will have an attitude with anyone who questions the guy wearing 7 outfits for the tightness.  powerlifters can be such pricks.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2007, 11:36:22 AM »
Yeah powerlifters are a bunch of jerks.They certainly arent like the friendly bodybuilders you see at every show.You know ,the guys that walk around in full flex mode,scowl on their face wearing their clown clothes and those cool beanie hats.Those guys are such a bunch of nice guys.Listen,Ive competed in both sports and powerlifters are a much nicer bunch of people[maybe because they arent dieting],most bodybuilders dont even have enough sense to say hello back to you.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »
Yeah powerlifters are a bunch of jerks.They certainly arent like the friendly bodybuilders you see at every show.You know ,the guys that walk around in full flex mode,scowl on their face wearing their clown clothes and those cool beanie hats.Those guys are such a bunch of nice guys.Listen,Ive competed in both sports and powerlifters are a much nicer bunch of people[maybe because they arent dieting],most bodybuilders dont even have enough sense to say hello back to you.

Agree, powerlifters are a pretty good bunch.

Just get rid of the retarded toughguy wannabes in their House of Pain gear and beanies, and powerlifting will be a very cool sport.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »
don't agree with it but it's not a bad tactical move to perform your lift with ten big bald guys wearing black all loud and intimidating the judges.

seen some pretty dubious lifts get passed like that.

hell, the westside boys have been doing this smoke and mirrors act for years. it was only a matter of time before other clubs started getting in on the act.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »
I'm Westside's Biggest bencher please show me the Smoke and Mirrors? Trust me we bust our asses every day in the gym and YES I wear a bench shirt but I have done 600 raw in contest how many on here can say that? Again please show me the Smoke and mirrors?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »
I'm Westside's Biggest bencher please show me the Smoke and Mirrors? Trust me we bust our asses every day in the gym and YES I wear a bench shirt but I have done 600 raw in contest how many on here can say that? Again please show me the Smoke and mirrors?
i remember reading an old issue of PL USA from 3-4 years ago and there was an article by someone i think it may have been Judd Biasotto and he was talking about how George Halbert was backstage at a contest and was warming up and Magnus ver Magnusson walked into the backstage area and he said that George could barely bench 425 raw and supposedly George's "handlers" from Westside freaked out and didn't want Magnus to see what it was that they did to get George ready to bench.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 07:20:47 PM »
Watch the Updated version of "Bench Press Secrets" it has vid footage of George doing 625 raw VERY VERY EASILY!!!!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2007, 10:27:51 PM »
do the sunglasses and skull cap help with the lift?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2007, 10:45:18 PM »

bigbadwolfe, i have huge respect for you and the other athletes at westside, but don't tell me that every one of the westside lifts deserved their pass.

the squat is the best example and the hardest lift to judge. when you have 10 guys surrounding i lifter and heavy metal music blasting away, all screaming looking like they escaped from a mental assylum, the judge's job is very difficult.

having said that, as i said, it's a good tactic and yes, i have no doubt that all of this psyches up the lifter for his very best performance, but some of those passed lifts are very very dubious.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2007, 11:30:28 PM »
http://www.getanabolics.com/2007/05/not-to-take-away-from-mike-millers.html

Not bad for a warmup.

When I read the title, I thought for sure this thread had a clip of Brad Crunchenberry, lifting at LA fitness...... ;D
HAHA, RON.....

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2007, 02:03:24 AM »
Only raw lifts counts in my book. If Mr. Wolfe can do 600lbs raw and 800 lbs with lifting aid, then his bench is 600lbs. It is as easy as that. The 1000+ lifts are not due to the athlete getting stronger, but the equipment getting way better.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2007, 05:13:12 AM »
Of cource,those of us who actually compete in powerlifting couldnt care less what THE ONE MAN GANG THINKS.We care what the judges and then the magazines say.When you become the Diety that rules over powerlifting,perhaps we might give to cents what you think.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2007, 06:11:26 AM »
bigbadwolfe, i have huge respect for you and the other athletes at westside, but don't tell me that every one of the westside lifts deserved their pass.

the squat is the best example and the hardest lift to judge. when you have 10 guys surrounding i lifter and heavy metal music blasting away, all screaming looking like they escaped from a mental assylum, the judge's job is very difficult.

having said that, as i said, it's a good tactic and yes, i have no doubt that all of this psyches up the lifter for his very best performance, but some of those passed lifts are very very dubious.

Very good post.

It's getting ridiculous with all these tough guy wannabes shouting: "Goo Wolfieeeeeee, yeaah" and "Yeaaaaaaah Chuckie-yeaaaaaah".

Fcuking tools.

They're no better than Kimbo Slice's entourage.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2007, 06:56:38 AM »
I dont get it.So encouraging your training partner on a max lift isnt ok?but screaming for your favorite ballteam is fine.I dont think they are trying to be tough guys anymore then I think Branch Warren is trying to be tough when he wears a beanie hat and scowls when he trains.I dont do any of that,and,in fact,dont like music or screaming when I lift,but if it helps others ,so be it.I will say this.The first time I squatted 900,I had Louie Simmons come on the platform with me and I wore a Westside shirt,that was three white lights for me.You try and get every advantage you can.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2007, 07:07:21 AM »

Ok now I see what you meant!!

After reading your first post I thought you were saying that we intimidated the judges to pass half ass lifts.
That is not the case, and as for the judging in the squat being difficult, Yeah it is but with someone having 1200 pounds on there back they need 6 or so guys on that platform just for safety.

There have been plenty of lifts passed by judges that should not of been of passed. Trust me I've had a couple lifts past that could of gone either way.I should of prolly been the bigger man and stepped up and said that I did not want it. But unfortunately I did not. BUT I came back atthe next meet and smoked an even bigger weight to get rid of any doubts.

As for everyone Yell'n and Cheer'n I dont hear them at all. I listen for two voices George's voice telling what to do, and the Head judge's press call, that is it. So if it was 10 or 10,000 people yelling I wont hear it so that dont matter to me.

Ohh Yeah Thanks for the respect comment, dont get much of them on a BB webpage.

Wolfy!!!!