Author Topic: Golfer's Elbow?  (Read 1369 times)

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
Golfer's Elbow?
« on: May 07, 2024, 10:18:11 AM »
The inside of my elbow is really hurting. it's the part between the biceps and forearm. I google'd and it seems to be "golfer's elbow". I don't play golf but I saw that you can get it from typing a lot (I'm a programmer) so I'm thinking that's where I got it. Anyone ever have this issue and how did you cure it or work around it? I've noticed that it hurts when my hand is straight like when I'm curling a barbell. Pushing movements don't bother me and I'm able to do lying triceps extensions. I'm currently wearing an elbow brace and icing the area and taking ibuprofen. Didn't know if anyone had any advice. Thanks!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Golfer's Elbow?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 10:22:53 AM »
Legit question, as I rarely play golf but when I do I get this feeling, but have you been doing any heavy forearms in the gym? When I used to work them, doing reverse curls, it gave me the same sensation as I get now from a round of 18 holes, nh.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 10:23:55 AM »
I had this a few years back and felt it the most during wide grip pull-ups. I never did any strengthening exercises for it and only avoided the exercises that made it hurt and it naturally just went away over time. Been doing pull-ups ever since. I’d just do that and keep the area warm with an elbow sleeve

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 10:27:33 AM »
Legit question, as I rarely play golf but when I do I get this feeling, but have you been doing any heavy forearms in the gym? When I used to work them, doing reverse curls, it gave me the same sensation as I get now from a round of 18 holes, nh.
HI! I do a full body routine (3 sets of 10 for one exercise per body part) and I only do standard wrist curls for my forearms. What's weird is that I only feel pain the area between my forearm and bicep. Not sure what it's called but I guess it's the inside of your elbow. I'm a guitarist and no issues with my wrist or fingers. Weird injury.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 10:30:33 AM »
I had this a few years back and felt it the most during wide grip pull-ups. I never did any strengthening exercises for it and only avoided the exercises that made it hurt and it naturally just went away over time. Been doing pull-ups ever since. I’d just do that and keep the area warm with an elbow sleeve
Yeah my wife says avoid lifting weights or work around it but I do a full body 3x's a week so it's hard to work around it. I'll try dumbells for curls to see if that helps because I'm doing all barbell exercises (example: barbell curls).

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 10:52:18 AM »
Might be the same thing, mine (the doc) called it tennis-elbow.
BPC-157 helped speed my healing. I stabbed  the needle in as close as possible to the tendon as I could, but in the forearm muscle.
Suffered for 6 months before that, then used BPC and it was pretty much healed up in a few weeks. Not saying it will work for everyone, but it did for me...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2024, 11:19:48 AM »

It's in many cases caused by shortened muscle which result in inflamed tendons.
Release your muscles from the neck down.
After that do a lot of band work with full range of motion and light resistance.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2024, 11:36:47 AM »
No, you don't have to be a golfer to experience this.  Medial epicondylitis can be hard to resolve because most don't want to back off of activities for a bit and let the tendons heal.  Typically it is an overuse problem of wrist flexors and forearm pronator.  If it is in the early stages, icing is best (3-5 days onset)...then switching to heat for 10 - 12, then ice for 10 - 12 multiple times a day.  Some soft tissue work also goes a long way to resolving. 

Switching routines probably helps because you will not be overloading the tissues as much.  In any event, try these easy ones.  Its NOT going to resolve in a day or two.  Let it go long enough and you will end up with tendinosis and most likely bursitis of the medical epicondyle bursa and/or ulnar bursa. 

1) Sit next to a bench with the hand of the affected arm off edge of bench palm down.  Take a lacrosse ball and place on meat of the forearm close to the elbow.  Use other hand to apply pressure down as you use a light dumbbell and perform SLOW wrist extension.  2 x 20

2) Affected arm down by your body, elbow bent, palm up (like at the end of a bicep curl)...take other hand and bring the hand on the affected arm into extension.  Now straighten the affected arm straight out in front of you.  Hold for 5 seconds, and bring it back.  2 x 8 times.

3) Stand with the shoulder of the affected arm about an arms length from a wall.  With fingers pointed to the floor, place the palm against the wall.  Elbow should be straight.  3 x :30 hold

4) Using a similar position as #1, hold dumbbell so its perpendicular to the ground with the forearm of the affected side on bench.  Using other hand, apply pressure on dumbbell away from the body while trying to resist with the hand of the affected arm.

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2024, 12:53:11 PM »
No, you don't have to be a golfer to experience this.  Medial epicondylitis can be hard to resolve because most don't want to back off of activities for a bit and let the tendons heal.  Typically it is an overuse problem of wrist flexors and forearm pronator.  If it is in the early stages, icing is best (3-5 days onset)...then switching to heat for 10 - 12, then ice for 10 - 12 multiple times a day.  Some soft tissue work also goes a long way to resolving. 

Switching routines probably helps because you will not be overloading the tissues as much.  In any event, try these easy ones.  Its NOT going to resolve in a day or two.  Let it go long enough and you will end up with tendinosis and most likely bursitis of the medical epicondyle bursa and/or ulnar bursa. 

1) Sit next to a bench with the hand of the affected arm off edge of bench palm down.  Take a lacrosse ball and place on meat of the forearm close to the elbow.  Use other hand to apply pressure down as you use a light dumbbell and perform SLOW wrist extension.  2 x 20

2) Affected arm down by your body, elbow bent, palm up (like at the end of a bicep curl)...take other hand and bring the hand on the affected arm into extension.  Now straighten the affected arm straight out in front of you.  Hold for 5 seconds, and bring it back.  2 x 8 times.

3) Stand with the shoulder of the affected arm about an arms length from a wall.  With fingers pointed to the floor, place the palm against the wall.  Elbow should be straight.  3 x :30 hold

4) Using a similar position as #1, hold dumbbell so its perpendicular to the ground with the forearm of the affected side on bench.  Using other hand, apply pressure on dumbbell away from the body while trying to resist with the hand of the affected arm.

Thanks! Never thought about heating but I'll try that too and start these exercises.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 12:54:55 PM »
Try this for 10+ reps but do it on your knees (adjust your knees down further from your head to get proper resistance)

You're just going to have to avoid any exercises that trigger the pain until it heals + do rehab/prehab exercises like above.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2024, 01:07:10 PM »
Rather than fuck a skanky bird a bloke shoved his foot up her fanny instead
Next day he woke up with puss on his foot
He went to the doctor and the doc told him he had Gonoreah on his foot
Doct said its an odd condition and a coincidence as he had just had a woman in with athletes twat

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "My new company is TOTALLY not a scam."
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2024, 02:46:42 PM »

Sounds like your Doctor doesn’t UNDERSTAND what a Golfer’s Elbow is.

Is this the SAME Doctor that advised you NOT to get vaccinated against COVID?

🙄🙄

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2024, 03:34:39 PM »
BPC-157 helped speed my healing. I stabbed  the needle in as close as possible to the tendon as I could, but in the forearm muscle.
Suffered for 6 months before that, then used BPC and it was pretty much healed up in a few weeks. Not saying it will work for everyone, but it did for me...

Tennis elbow is lateral epicondylitis....

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2024, 03:35:45 PM »
Try this for 10+ reps but do it on your knees (adjust your knees down further from your head to get proper resistance)

You're just going to have to avoid any exercises that trigger the pain until it heals + do rehab/prehab exercises like above.

Not quite sure how those would affect the flexor and pronator of the wrist....I suppose done slowly that might help

stallonanegger

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2024, 03:37:34 PM »
Thats unlucky injury to have, ruins most lifts etc.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2024, 03:41:45 PM »
Tennis elbow is lateral epicondylitis....

Thx Krank...

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2024, 04:05:48 PM »
Thats unlucky injury to have, ruins most lifts etc.
You are right! I lifted today but regret it now. I did notice that it hurts when I do curls and also lowering the bar during behind the neck presses. Seems ok for other exercises. I'm afraid that I'll have to take a break or consider a different type of program. A trainer friend of mine is always pushing me to do those metabolic routines or whatever with dumbells (do reps for 40 seconds; rest for 20 seconds).  ::) I really like basic barbell exercises so this is depressing.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2024, 04:27:23 PM »
Sounds like you’re already regressing. For 6 weeks, I recommend you take a bath. Then wrap a hot towel around your head. And then make yourself some soup. And absolutely no weight lifting!

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2024, 04:33:40 PM »
Sounds like you’re already regressing. For 6 weeks, I recommend you take a bath. Then wrap a hot towel around your head. And then make yourself some soup. And absolutely no weight lifting!
Hahahaha and yes I'm already regressing so I'll take your advice.  :)

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2024, 04:38:10 PM »
Hahahaha and yes I'm already regressing so I'll take your advice.  :)

Any thoughts on ditching the full body workouts temporarily and doing more of a bodybuilding split hitting the muscle once a week while avoiding any exercises that trigger pain in that area? The frequency could be aggravating it. Maybe incorporate some forearm stretches as well.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2024, 04:43:55 PM »
You are right! I lifted today but regret it now. I did notice that it hurts when I do curls and also lowering the bar during behind the neck presses. Seems ok for other exercises. I'm afraid that I'll have to take a break or consider a different type of program. A trainer friend of mine is always pushing me to do those metabolic routines or whatever with dumbells (do reps for 40 seconds; rest for 20 seconds).  ::) I really like basic barbell exercises so this is depressing.

Curls = wrist flexor

Eccentric on BTN = wrist flexor stabilizing while wrist is in extension.  Take a break....I don't know how many times I have had to explain to patients that the more you do, the longer it takes to heal. 

Unilateral movements (i.e. training with unaffected arm) for a couple of weeks will NOT be detrimental.  Also watch this:

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2024, 04:44:49 PM »
Any thoughts on ditching the full body workouts temporarily and doing more of a bodybuilding split hitting the muscle once a week while avoiding any exercises that trigger pain in that area? The frequency could be aggravating it. Maybe incorporate some forearm stretches as well.
Well, I was looking forward to the chicken soup with a towel over my head but I think you're right about doing a split instead. I'll come up with a split and will implement it next week.  :)

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2024, 04:47:49 PM »
Curls = wrist flexor

Eccentric on BTN = wrist flexor stabilizing while wrist is in extension.  Take a break....I don't know how many times I have had to explain to patients that the more you do, the longer it takes to heal. 

Unilateral movements (i.e. training with unaffected arm) for a couple of weeks will NOT be detrimental.  Also watch this:

The Voodoo flossing exercise HURTS. I think taking a break is the best thing for me now and just heal up. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2024, 04:54:43 PM »
Well, I was looking forward to the chicken soup with a towel over my head but I think you're right about doing a split instead. I'll come up with a split and will implement it next week.  :)

;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2024, 04:55:28 PM »
Rather than fuck a skanky bird a bloke shoved his foot up her fanny instead
Next day he woke up with puss on his foot
He went to the doctor and the doc told him he had Gonoreah on his foot
Doct said its an odd condition and a coincidence as he had just had a woman in with athletes twat

lol