Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!  (Read 45117 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: THE OFFICIAL GETBIG BENCH PRESS CHALLENGE THREAD!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2008, 09:28:06 AM »
Nice work Magoo. I would give this a shot, but my bench sucks atm cos I'm kinda screwing around with it  :( What age are you by the way? Do you compete?

23 on the 22nd of this month, and i haven't done any real meets yet but i plan on it. ADAU meets because it's local, it's all raw, and i have a few friends that have lifted in it.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »
23 on the 22nd of this month, and i haven't done any real meets yet but i plan on it. ADAU meets because it's local, it's all raw, and i have a few friends that have lifted in it.

Did you know raw spelled backwards is GAY?  Just a little heads up from a friend :D :D ;D ;D

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
Did you know raw spelled backwards is GAY?  Just a little heads up from a friend :D :D ;D ;D

Jason

ahaha, if that ain't the line of the year i don't know what is! ;D

i train raw for mostly practical reasons. i don't have a PL crew, and trying to train fully geared by yourself or with a single spotter is both difficult and suicidal. plus after i dropped 50 pounds nothing fit any more and i don't really feel like buying a whole new set every time i trim down or put on a few, y'know?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2008, 10:26:20 AM »

i train raw for mostly practical reasons. i don't have a PL crew, and trying to train fully geared by yourself or with a single spotter is both difficult and suicidal. plus after i dropped 50 pounds nothing fit any more and i don't really feel like buying a whole new set every time i trim down or put on a few, y'know?

meltdown

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2008, 10:27:21 AM »

I understand completely, most of my training is raw as well.  However, with that being said, do you think that it would go unnoticed?  Honestly?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
I understand completely, most of my training is raw as well.  However, with that being said, do you think that it would go unnoticed?  Honestly?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jason

oh brother, why don't you go and put on your eighty billion ply gear and your chest-attached forklift and do some "bench presses" hahahah gayer than regular checkups at the doctor.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2008, 11:30:18 AM »
oh brother, why don't you go and put on your eighty billion ply gear and your chest-attached forklift and do some "bench presses" hahahah gayer than regular checkups at the doctor.

My forklift just happens to be in the shop...however, I do have a new kevlar/trampoline/leather/canvas/steel bench shirt.  It takes 26000lbs to touch a 3 board...helluva shirt!

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2008, 11:35:17 AM »
My forklift just happens to be in the shop...however, I do have a new kevlar/trampoline/leather/canvas/steel bench shirt.  It takes 26000lbs to touch a 3 board...helluva shirt!

Jason

haha, dude have you seen the kevlar bench shirt? i think it was made in canada. i could not believe someone actually attempted it.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »
haha, dude have you seen the kevlar bench shirt? i think it was made in canada. i could not believe someone actually attempted it.

A Kevlar bench shirt??  :o

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2008, 08:36:06 PM »
meltdown

Jason

LOL.  I end up squatting and deadlifting in loose gear by myself from time to time.  its amazing what you can do with a hook on a powerrack and some well placed cusswords to get into a looser "training" suit.  I also squat with "spud straps" and rarely go over about 90--93% without at least one spotter.   

The last meet I was at I saw the epitome of "loner" powerlifter.  This one guy came in by himself.  Watched the squats talking to other lifters.  Then disapeared for a few minutes at the start of the bench press.  He apparently some how got into a relatively tight Katana by himself.   No help other than to ask one of the spotters to pull the neck down for his 3rd attempt  I'm not sure how he got out of it.  It was one of the damnedest things I've ever seen to watch him adjusting that shirt by rubbing against the gyms squat rack.  The only bench shirt I've ever been able to get into by myself was my old Inzer Denim and once I was in it, I sure wasn't getting out of it without help. 

It took him about 20 minutes to get into his deadlift suit, and honestly I'm not sure how he got out of it either, but he did that by himself also.  He had one moment of apparent panic when his belt locked up on him and had to ask one of the other lifters to loosen it after an attempt, but other than those two times, he apparently did the push-pull part of the meet by himself. 

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »
i shit you not.

http://www.phoenixgym.com/Equipment/Kevlar_Shirt.htm

youd think that someones wrists would break or their elbows would dislocate with material like that in a bench shirt.   Same thing with spinal compression fractures in a squat suit. 

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »

youd think that someones wrists would break or their elbows would dislocate with material like that in a bench shirt.   Same thing with spinal compression fractures in a squat suit. 

give it time. i doubt it's any harder than today's shit, given mendy's inability to touch 1049 in a shirt a bit ago. eventually, limbs will start popping as people put themselves under weights they should NEVER be under.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »
give it time. i doubt it's any harder than today's shit, given mendy's inability to touch 1049 in a shirt a bit ago. eventually, limbs will start popping as people put themselves under weights they should NEVER be under.

Agreed

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2008, 12:49:52 PM »
muahahahaha! ;D

225x20, no spotter, butt on the bench, every rep to lockout, no pauses at top or bottom. video coming soon!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »

Jason

Hahahaha I like the Forklift comment, do you guys know I build Forklifts for a living? Yep the ones you all see in WalMart and Sam's, I build those!!!
I guess you all figured out my secret :) 

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »

Hahahaha I like the Forklift comment, do you guys know I build Forklifts for a living? Yep the ones you all see in WalMart and Sam's, I build those!!!
I guess you all figured out my secret :) 

Ive been to westside before...I know the secrets!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2008, 09:03:30 AM »
So the standings so far are:

1st - Magoo = 20 reps
2nd - L4S = 5 reps

Is that all?

Who all is in this?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »
i think we should declare me the winner now.

...i'm almost out of Results!  >:(

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2008, 05:00:51 PM »
i think we should declare me the winner now.

...i'm almost out of Results!  >:(

might be time to consider making another purchase..or kicking some ass with about 25 reps! HAHA just to seal the deal..maybe?!  ;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »
So the standings so far are:

1st - Magoo = 20 reps
2nd - L4S = 5 reps

Is that all?

Who all is in this?
so all you got to do is post a vid, and you win 3rd :-\
A

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2008, 07:30:36 PM »
so all you got to do is post a vid, and you win 3rd :-\

Currently, yes, but it wont last for long.  Also, 1 rep miniumum!

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2008, 12:57:04 AM »
might be time to consider making another purchase..or kicking some ass with about 25 reps! HAHA just to seal the deal..maybe?!  ;D

hm. i should have a spotter on wednesday for it (buddy just got a gym membership in town), so... sure. i'm not sure which grip i'll use. i've got a feeling the ROM bonus from middle fingers on the rings will be good, but i feel stronger using pinkies. meh, we'll see.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2008, 08:39:58 PM »
Alright. I guess I'll start it off? 5 reps, anyone care to raise?

Im in the lead!

Please excuse the mess. :D

Looks like you had at least 15 more reps left in ya.  I'm guessing this is a joke ???

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »
put me down for 15-17 reps
I