Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Powerlifting / Strongman

Q&A WITH POWERLIFTING LEGEND VINCE ANELLO

<< < (2/9) > >>

Geo:

--- Quote from: vince anello on February 12, 2009, 09:00:26 AM ---I also did drives from floor to pins and isometric holds.The bar was pulled to just below knee and held for about 6 sec against pin. to develop the start(Usually 3 singles)Weights varied

--- End quote ---

that's a great idea !

robins:
Good threat and good read!

My deadlift can use some progression  ;D

11venthhour:
cool thread!

any advice for someone working out on their own?
i see there is a lot of assistance work but i am not able to all of things by myself

i am hoping to find someone to workout with at my new gym, but highly unlikely due to my eratic schedule

vince anello:
You can of course deadlift alone ,but I would not suggest squatting nor benching "heavy' without a training partner.Their are assistance exercises you can do for the primary muscles and stabilizing muscles for each lift but you need training partners for spotting and mental support!!!I won some of my World Championships by training in a Basement Gym with 3 Training Partners who were as CRASY AS I WAS!!!!!LOL ;D We would Psych Up and Go Berserk Before our lifts!!! Cant do That Alone!!!Or at Most Commercial Gyms!!! In Fact on one of My Travels I wanted to train at a Gym in the Town and They Would not admit me.They knew who I was and said I would use too  Heavy a Weight and would disturb the other Members!!! :'( ::) ;D

QuakerOats:

--- Quote from: 11venthhour on February 13, 2009, 12:25:59 AM ---cool thread!

any advice for someone working out on their own?
i see there is a lot of assistance work but i am not able to all of things by myself

i am hoping to find someone to workout with at my new gym, but highly unlikely due to my eratic schedule

--- End quote ---
in addition to Vince's advice i would consider investing in a good power rack so you can do heavy partial movements and even full range movements to failure with safety, just drop the bar on the pins when you hit failure and crawl out from under it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version