Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!

<< < (1908/2170) > >>

Griffith:

--- Quote from: dunkin donuts on March 29, 2023, 03:27:35 PM ---so, what's getbig's bitcoin forecast? is it heading to 50k sooner than 10k?

--- End quote ---

24-25k next, then over 30k.

affeman:

--- Quote from: Flexacon on March 30, 2023, 06:06:32 AM ---You get to feel what it's like to be in a cult

--- End quote ---

:D :D

ROBOAK:

--- Quote from: IroNat on March 30, 2023, 03:48:05 AM ---Warren Buffett believes crypto 'will come to a very bad ending'

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/come-bad-ending-just-over-120000862.html

“If you ... owned all of the bitcoin in the world and you offered it to me for $25, I wouldn’t take it,” Warren Buffett told CNBC earlier this year.

“They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem.”

Though Bitcoin is intended to provide real value as a payment system, that use is still pretty limited. As Buffett sees it, Bitcoin’s value comes from the optimism that someone else will be willing to pay more for it in the future than you’re paying today.

Called the "greater fool theory".

Find a bigger fool than yourself to buy your bitcoin for more than you paid for it.

It's been done with various things over the years including tulips.

--- End quote ---

WB shits on bitcoin only because its a threat to him, just like keystone....

gib:

--- Quote from: affeman on March 30, 2023, 04:28:27 AM ---Like what? lol

--- End quote ---

It should be very obvious how Bitcoin is superior to gold (both as a store of value and as a medium of exchange).

The supply of Bitcoin is 100% certain. (Gold is not).
Bitcoin can be transferred globally in seconds (Gold cannot).
Gold has huge storage costs for the owner (Bitcoin does not).
Bitcoin can be divided into any transaction amount by any owner in seconds. (Gold cannot).
Gold can be confisicated at borders (Bitcoin cannot).
Gold is heavy, Very heavy is you try to carry a lot of it. (Bitcoin is not).
Gold is hard to hide if you have a lot of it. (Bitcoin is not).
Bitcoin can be used over the internet in digital transactions. (Gold cannot).
Bitcoin is integrating with the electronic banking and financial system, (Gold is not).
Bitcoin is increasingly being adopted and recognized as a currency among countries. (Gold is not).

That is not to say that gold is not a useful tool in being a store of value. Its just that Bitcoin is vastly superior on many of gold's shortcomings.

Flexacon:

--- Quote from: dunkin donuts on March 29, 2023, 03:27:35 PM ---so, what's getbig's bitcoin forecast? is it heading to 50k sooner than 10k?

--- End quote ---

Don't have a price forecast, but I got DXY lows for the year in mid/late April, stocks markets peaking in May and tech earnings then crashing everything. I would expect for the most part that BTC will follow. So bitcoin mini cycle top in May followed by a June low

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version