Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Another bodybuilder joins the "$20 a pic" club....

<< < (6/6)

Stavios:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on March 05, 2006, 05:14:10 PM ---I tried to build Lou www.$20autograph.com but he thought my rates were too high  >:(

--- End quote ---
Pay him 20 $ and he will let you build him a site

bmacsys:

--- Quote from: Peaking at 45 !!! on March 05, 2006, 04:54:28 PM ---Yes, I paid $20.00 for a Larry Scott autographed picture---but remember--I have been reading muscle mags for 35 years now, so 35 years I have been reading about the very 1st Mr. Olympia Larry Scott---and all the thousands of pictures I must have seen in the magazines----------For someone reading about one of the greatest bodybuilding icons for 35 years and finally getting to meet him in person, $20.00 for an autographed picture takes on a different perspective for someone like me. Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Guys like Scott made peanuts during their time. As an example lots of baseball players from the 40's, and 50's and 60's didn't make much money. Many held jobs in the off season. Guys playing in the mid 70's thru today enjoy mega contracts. Even mediocre players. They have HUGE pension plans. So the old guys make their money at card shows and such. People should go a little easier on them. If they charge you and act like a dick on top of that fuck them. If they charge you and are courteous then they deserve some respect. A picture with your own camera and film is usually done as a free courtesy if you buy a signed glossy photo at card shows. Just charging for standing up for a picture on top of you paying for an autograph is bush league.

LAMA-PAI:
so what ! if someone is willing to spend the money .........this is AMERICA !
land of capitalism the place where we would sell out own security for money
and you have a problem with larry scott a legand in the sport trying to make a few bucks ?  i find it funny what people seem to be annoyed with while the world fucking burns around them !  here is a big fat FUCK YOU PAL !

pumpster:
Obviously it's America and anything goes, the question's more a matter of taste and how the guy comes across in public. At least pretend to be grateful for the $, is it that hard to do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version