Author Topic: Introducing and starting over  (Read 13412 times)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Re: Introducing and starting over
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 04:26:33 PM »
yep 240...getting a tan is really something that he should focus on right now... ::)

Agreed, he should just get a tan,  ;D.
240 for bb guru of the month!!
$

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 04:27:51 PM »
Christ...if this is a joke, congratulations...you got me.  If not, then here is my advice.  Prepare yourself for an avalanche of flaming, hating, roasting and lambasting.  If you can tolerate it, you might pick up a few good tips here and there.  The trick is to figure out which board memebers are the actual body builders, and which are the frustrated wannabe comedy writers.  Good luck...

lol no shit i was thinking the same thing!
pump'em dump'em

SuperTerrorizer

• Getbig I
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »
Hey, congrats on starting up.  Lots of cardio- intervals are good for us chubby guys without a lot of stamina.  ECA if you're not on prozac or zoloft or another SSRI.  watch carbs at night, and get a tan... goes a long way.  good luck!

I take Risperdal, Clonazepam, and Paxil.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 04:58:55 PM »

Have you been viewing the Mike Arvilla "On the Road to Compete" sticky thread at the top of this board?  I think it may be great motivation for you. 

Are you saying that Mike is pretty compariable to SuperTerrorizer?

I was thinking the same exact thing.

They could be twins for christ sake!

chrisco57

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »
Work on your cardio, up your protein intake and lower the carbs you eat, drink water most of the time.  I liked to drink powerade or gatorade following a workout.  Eat right, cardio, and get good rest and you'll be on the right track.  I'm not going to flame anybody, your man enough to post your pick and ask for honest advice.  Hell we all gotta start somewhere!
thats a refreshing post!
to enjoy life, take big

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2006, 04:14:15 PM »
 :o AAAHHH! I THOUGHT I LOOKED BAD! I THINK YOU JUST TOPPED ME BRO! HOLY SHIT! SERIOUSLY THOUGH, WE BOTH NEED TO GET IN SHAPE. I COMMEND YOU FOR POSTING THE PIC. I HAVE NO PRINTER TO DO IT.

SuperTerrorizer

• Getbig I
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 10:36:50 PM »
I also want to get in shape so I can join the military.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 08:55:17 AM »

Just be able to run 1.5 miles & with a good time & join....the military will get you in shape.

No need of wasting years of "preparing" yourself

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 02:00:51 PM »
Are you saying that Mike is pretty compariable to SuperTerrorizer?

I was thinking the same exact thing.

They could be twins for christ sake!
You're an ass!   >:(
:D Weee

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »
Why is that Cheri?

Are you implying something bad about Superterrorizer?

That's a horrible thing to say...
$

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 04:15:15 PM »

stop getting in such a tissy

besides.....

Mike's the one who should be the irritable one with all that dieting

Wah!

Robert E. Lee

• Getbig II
  • The South Shall Rise Again!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2006, 07:08:34 PM »

If joining the military is your goal, then your main focus should be on your running.  I don't know what branch you are considering, but take the Marine Corps as an example.  In order to enter basic, you need to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 13:30.  They also require 3 pullups, and 40 crunches (Marine Corps style) in under 2 minutes.  Keep in mind these are MINIMUM requirements, and if you can just barely meet them, you will get your ass handed to you when you arrive at Parris Island.

Restrict your calories and get your feet pounding the pavement.  Weights are OK, but military style training is the best thing for you right now.  Remember, when it comes to cardio, intensity is efficiency.  Don't pay attention to that bullshit "Fat Burning Zone" on fancy cardio equipment.  As a matter of fact, stay off Cardio Equipment in general.

Here is a good running program.

Monday-Quater Mile Sprints:  Start with 1/8 mile sprints if you cant do 1/4 mile.  Try for under a minute and 25.  Rest two minutes between sprints.  Start with 2, work up to 3 and 4.

Wednesday-Long distance run at a comfy pace.  Should be 3 to 5 miles, work up to it.  Try not to stop and walk

Friday-Hill sprints: Find a fairly steep hill, at least 40 yards long.  Sprint up, walk or jog down.  Start with 5, increase by one each week until you get to 10 or 12.

After you run, hit the deck and bust out as many pushups as possible, better yet, do them any time they cross your mind,  you'll do plenty in basic.
The General

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 02:37:44 AM »
In order to enter basic, you need to be able to run 1.5 miles in under 13:30. 
I don't think so.  They'll waiver anyone in right now.  He could have a dead Siamese twin hanging off his ass and get in.  I went through with chubbier guys than him.  They'll paint red stripes on him and starve his ass and oh he'll lose the weight real fast.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 04:37:16 AM »
hey its tuff gettin back into it after an injury but just make yourself go earn those workouts and with you just startin back up i agree wit 240 cardio. wit tha shock your body is gonna go through with gettin back at the wieghts it wont be long till you see results an thats what its all about mayne good luck! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Robert E. Lee

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2006, 05:46:10 AM »
I don't think so.  They'll waiver anyone in right now.  He could have a dead Siamese twin hanging off his ass and get in.  I went through with chubbier guys than him.  They'll paint red stripes on him and starve his ass and oh he'll lose the weight real fast.

I disagree.  Military standards are pretty high.  I just read an article in the paper this morning that said out of 32 million people in the 17-24 age range, only 6.6 million are qualified, and that includes the couple million that get waivers.
The General

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 08:05:46 PM »
I disagree.  Military standards are pretty high.  I just read an article in the paper this morning that said out of 32 million people in the 17-24 age range, only 6.6 million are qualified, and that includes the couple million that get waivers.
What are you reading, Mad Magazine?  I seriously doubt they had 32 million people over the last year apply.  These stats would have to span several years which doesn't say anything for what policy is today.  The total active duty for all services is 1,379,879.

Robert E. Lee

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 11:30:50 PM »
I seriously doubt they had 32 million people over the last year apply. 

there are 32 million people, age 17-24, in the country.  of those, only 6.6 million are eligible for military service.
The General

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2006, 03:16:16 PM »
i'm surprised the squad had nothing to say about this one...too easy a target i guess.  anyway, why cant you afford a gym membership?  do you live with mom?  get a job and get motivated about life.

and as for this...

ok, where to start?...

Firstly, fu ck splitting your body parts at this stage. You need to focus more on shedding some pounds (IMO). Like I said, upper / lower split. The exercises are fine, but your sets and reps are all wrong. You really need to lower the number of sets and increase reps - 2 x 15-20 would be better for each exercise. I know you won't put loads of muscle on doing this, but you can develop perfect technique and focus whilst using the lower weights.
You need to keep rest periods to a minimum, no more than 30 seconds. You should be sweating your bollock s off before you go anywhere near the bike.
I see you are training 4x a week with 2 lots of cardio a day... I'll believe you about the cardio... just.
As i said before, do all cardio after your weights. If you want to do cardio on your off days too, that's fine, but keep it low intensity.
Assuming you do a 4 day, upper lower split with 30 mins cardio each session, you'll drop the fat quick. Shit, your body doesn't want to carry all that mush about!
Once your BF% is within acceptable limits -  around 15%, then you can up the weights and lower the reps.
Obviously, this is how I would approach your situation. You and others might not agree, but one thing's for sure... you won't look any worse!
If you have any questions let me know.
Remember, the training is only half the battle - get your nutrition sorted, any you'll find it much easier.
ask questions, read, learn, train, eat well and grow - simple as that

gook luck

...it's the advice you should follow, im glad i didnt have to type it out.  good luck, and dont bitch out on the training after everyone here took the time to help you.

its comin today