Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Recreational Drug Use is not ok by God

<< < (2/5) > >>

Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on May 12, 2016, 02:26:10 PM ---I don't agree with this.  What about civil disobedience?  

--- End quote ---

The OT contained casuistic laws, so as it pertains to an instance of civil disobediance the root of which would be similarly evaluated on a case by case basis.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on May 12, 2016, 03:25:50 PM ---The OT contained casuistic laws, so as it pertains to an instance of civil disobediance the root of which would be similarly evaluated on a case by case basis.

--- End quote ---

Evaluated by whom?

Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on May 12, 2016, 05:23:14 PM ---Evaluated by whom?

--- End quote ---

People....more specifically believers using the word of God as the means to evaluate.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on May 12, 2016, 07:06:31 PM ---People....more specifically believers using the word of God as the means to evaluate.

--- End quote ---

If you are saying that individuals need to evaluate whether they have a spiritual obligation to obey secular laws, then I agree. 

Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on May 13, 2016, 11:12:19 AM ---If you are saying that individuals need to evaluate whether they have a spiritual obligation to obey secular laws, then I agree. 

--- End quote ---

I'm just suggesting that if a matter of civil disobediance was to arise that justification for said disobediance would best be found in an appeal to God's word.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version