Author Topic: TBH, Ramadan is exhausting, but I'm feeling truly blessed.  (Read 3140 times)

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
Hello, brothers and sisters.

I'll be honest, this is my first Ramadan and it's not easy. I'm famished! However, the sense of community I've found has been deeply moving. There's an authenticity to it that I just never felt when I was a Christian. I really feel like all of those around me are supporting and loving me, and it inspires me to do the same. I've never felt so close to God before, and I'm thankful to see how beautiful life can be.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: TBH, Ramadan is exhausting, but I'm feeling truly blessed.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 03:32:07 AM »
You know what, Spunk?  I look around the world today, and see all these Christian countries fighting with each other, and I think to myself - maybe the other guys really are from the 'religion of peace' after all... 🤔

“Indeed, Allah (God) will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” Qur’an 13:11

🙏🏽
T

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 04:57:18 AM »
You know what, Spunk?  I look around the world today, and see all these Christian countries fighting with each other, and I think to myself - maybe the other guys really are from the 'religion of peace' after all... 🤔

“Indeed, Allah (God) will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” Qur’an 13:11

🙏🏽

Thank you for such an open, mature, and honest outlook, Taffin. You are absolutely right: we've been fed these Orientalist tropes for so long. Led to believe that the actions of extremists - their viewpoints corrupted and contorted by the wars we started - somehow represent the will of God. It is only by approaching Allah with humility and honesty that he can reveal himself and the true path to you.

I wish we could make more Christians see this. Even after renouncing my Christian faith, I still believe that Jesus is one of the most significant prophets of Islam. It's just that he wasn't divine.

If it is okay with you, I'd like to share with you some passages from the Quran in private and invite you to pray with me whenever you feel ready.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 10:09:32 AM »
By an amazing coincidence this is also my first Ramadan and I’m using it to cleanse myself of the Christian filth I embraced for years

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 10:20:05 AM »
Is it Ramadamadingdong
Good hopefully some of the unwashed filth will starve to death.
Bollocks to Allah & Mohammed the Paedophile & all who Believe such utter Crap.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 10:36:22 AM »
By an amazing coincidence this is also my first Ramadan and I’m using it to cleanse myself of the Christian filth I embraced for years

Henda,

I'm truly delighted to hear this, and indeed, what an amazing coincidence. I know that a big hunk like you will be struggling with the fasting, so I'm going to say an extra prayer tonight and ask that Allah bestows his blessings on you and rewards you with some extra rations once all this is over.

Also, I'm sorry that Illuminati chose to sully this thread with his vulgarities. He is a good man at heart, so let's both say an extra prayer for him and see if he might consider joining us.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 02:11:13 PM »
Henda,

I'm truly delighted to hear this, and indeed, what an amazing coincidence. I know that a big hunk like you will be struggling with the fasting, so I'm going to say an extra prayer tonight and ask that Allah bestows his blessings on you and rewards you with some extra rations once all this is over.

Also, I'm sorry that Illuminati chose to sully this thread with his vulgarities. He is a good man at heart, so let's both say an extra prayer for him and see if he might consider joining us.

Thank you my brother in Islam your prayers for extra sustenance to come my way once our cleansing fast is over are greatly appreciated and I’m sure the great allah will heed them in the meantime my baggy white Muslim pyjamas which should arrive tomorrow will disguise any reduction in mass, it’s sacrifice I’m willing to make as during my years as an ignorant Christian I routinely told a malnourished work colleague that his neck was longer than the second half of Ramadan and now need to atone for my sin of disrespecting the religion I’ve come to embrace

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2022, 02:39:22 PM »
The movement grows indeed...

Allah moves in mysterious ways...
T

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 02:55:15 PM »
I was feeling a little down today but this thread has strengthened my heart and brought me back into focus. Thank you brothers. May Allah accept all of our sacrifices during this most Holy month. Salam.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2022, 04:51:31 PM »
Hello, brothers and sisters.

I'll be honest, this is my first Ramadan and it's not easy. I'm famished! However, the sense of community I've found has been deeply moving. There's an authenticity to it that I just never felt when I was a Christian. I really feel like all of those around me are supporting and loving me, and it inspires me to do the same. I've never felt so close to God before, and I'm thankful to see how beautiful life can be.

This has kind of been my thinking - I need community, and I feel that religion is a way to do it.

There's a mosque nearby me, but I'm not sure how welcome I would be [?].

I live right by some churches too.

Either way, I'm open to this.

Just watching Canada go insane from this pandemic has made me think of religion - and the same nimrods scared of a 99.9% survivable flu are the same people trashing religious people.  ::)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2022, 05:02:54 PM »
You'd be a most welcome addition to the brotherhood Matt.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2022, 08:12:46 PM »
La ilaha il allah, brothers and sisters!

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 10:35:40 AM »

Halal in the streets, Haram in the sheets! I'm in love.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »
I was feeling a little down today but this thread has strengthened my heart and brought me back into focus. Thank you brothers. May Allah accept all of our sacrifices during this most Holy month. Salam.

Salaam Abu Ibrahim

PBUY 🤲🏽

Bismillah!

“Which of the bounties of your Lord will you twain – you men and djinn – then deny?” (Ar-Rahman: 13)
T

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 03:25:42 PM »
Salaam Abu Ibrahim

PBUY 🤲🏽

Bismillah!

“Which of the bounties of your Lord will you twain – you men and djinn – then deny?” (Ar-Rahman: 13)

Thank you my brother.  Indeed, you are a most wise man and appreciate you addressing me by my proper name.  Salaam.