Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

TBH, Ramadan is exhausting, but I'm feeling truly blessed.

(1/3) > >>

Phantom Spunker:
Hello, brothers and sisters.

I'll be honest, this is my first Ramadan and it's not easy. I'm famished! However, the sense of community I've found has been deeply moving. There's an authenticity to it that I just never felt when I was a Christian. I really feel like all of those around me are supporting and loving me, and it inspires me to do the same. I've never felt so close to God before, and I'm thankful to see how beautiful life can be.

Taffin:
You know what, Spunk?  I look around the world today, and see all these Christian countries fighting with each other, and I think to myself - maybe the other guys really are from the 'religion of peace' after all... 🤔

“Indeed, Allah (God) will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” Qur’an 13:11

🙏🏽

Phantom Spunker:

--- Quote from: Taffin on April 06, 2022, 03:32:07 AM ---You know what, Spunk?  I look around the world today, and see all these Christian countries fighting with each other, and I think to myself - maybe the other guys really are from the 'religion of peace' after all... 🤔

“Indeed, Allah (God) will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” Qur’an 13:11

🙏🏽

--- End quote ---

Thank you for such an open, mature, and honest outlook, Taffin. You are absolutely right: we've been fed these Orientalist tropes for so long. Led to believe that the actions of extremists - their viewpoints corrupted and contorted by the wars we started - somehow represent the will of God. It is only by approaching Allah with humility and honesty that he can reveal himself and the true path to you.

I wish we could make more Christians see this. Even after renouncing my Christian faith, I still believe that Jesus is one of the most significant prophets of Islam. It's just that he wasn't divine.

If it is okay with you, I'd like to share with you some passages from the Quran in private and invite you to pray with me whenever you feel ready.

Henda:
By an amazing coincidence this is also my first Ramadan and I’m using it to cleanse myself of the Christian filth I embraced for years

illuminati:
Is it Ramadamadingdong
Good hopefully some of the unwashed filth will starve to death.
Bollocks to Allah & Mohammed the Paedophile & all who Believe such utter Crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version