Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

TBH, Ramadan is exhausting, but I'm feeling truly blessed.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Phantom Spunker:

--- Quote from: Henda on April 11, 2022, 10:09:32 AM ---By an amazing coincidence this is also my first Ramadan and I’m using it to cleanse myself of the Christian filth I embraced for years

--- End quote ---

Henda,

I'm truly delighted to hear this, and indeed, what an amazing coincidence. I know that a big hunk like you will be struggling with the fasting, so I'm going to say an extra prayer tonight and ask that Allah bestows his blessings on you and rewards you with some extra rations once all this is over.

Also, I'm sorry that Illuminati chose to sully this thread with his vulgarities. He is a good man at heart, so let's both say an extra prayer for him and see if he might consider joining us.

Henda:

--- Quote from: Phantom Spunker on April 11, 2022, 10:36:22 AM ---Henda,

I'm truly delighted to hear this, and indeed, what an amazing coincidence. I know that a big hunk like you will be struggling with the fasting, so I'm going to say an extra prayer tonight and ask that Allah bestows his blessings on you and rewards you with some extra rations once all this is over.

Also, I'm sorry that Illuminati chose to sully this thread with his vulgarities. He is a good man at heart, so let's both say an extra prayer for him and see if he might consider joining us.

--- End quote ---

Thank you my brother in Islam your prayers for extra sustenance to come my way once our cleansing fast is over are greatly appreciated and I’m sure the great allah will heed them in the meantime my baggy white Muslim pyjamas which should arrive tomorrow will disguise any reduction in mass, it’s sacrifice I’m willing to make as during my years as an ignorant Christian I routinely told a malnourished work colleague that his neck was longer than the second half of Ramadan and now need to atone for my sin of disrespecting the religion I’ve come to embrace

Taffin:
The movement grows indeed...

Allah moves in mysterious ways...

AbrahamG:
I was feeling a little down today but this thread has strengthened my heart and brought me back into focus. Thank you brothers. May Allah accept all of our sacrifices during this most Holy month. Salam.

Matt:

--- Quote from: Phantom Spunker on April 03, 2022, 09:19:47 AM ---Hello, brothers and sisters.

I'll be honest, this is my first Ramadan and it's not easy. I'm famished! However, the sense of community I've found has been deeply moving. There's an authenticity to it that I just never felt when I was a Christian. I really feel like all of those around me are supporting and loving me, and it inspires me to do the same. I've never felt so close to God before, and I'm thankful to see how beautiful life can be.
--- End quote ---

This has kind of been my thinking - I need community, and I feel that religion is a way to do it.

There's a mosque nearby me, but I'm not sure how welcome I would be [?].

I live right by some churches too.

Either way, I'm open to this.

Just watching Canada go insane from this pandemic has made me think of religion - and the same nimrods scared of a 99.9% survivable flu are the same people trashing religious people.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version