Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Thinking About Islam.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Phantom Spunker:

--- Quote from: avxo on April 11, 2022, 08:10:24 PM ---As-salamu alaykum brothers and sisters. Seeing so many of you here, peacefully sharing your thoughts on Islam has warmed the cockles of my heart, and by the grace of the Prophet (PBUH) I too have come to find Allah.

Thanks to you, I will no longer I partake of bacon and zina shall never again be part of my life, but I will enjoy living faithfully in the Alamein as the Prophet taught! La ilaha il allah.

Or something.

--- End quote ---

Proof, ladies and gentlemen, that if you come to Allah with love in your heart, he will respond! Getbig's esteemed avxo has discovered the path to salvation and we welcome him with open arms! Welcome, brother.

Phantom Spunker:

--- Quote from: Matt on April 12, 2022, 12:24:24 AM ---^ Wow!!! I really didn't expect a positive response to this.

I didn't post this in the G&O for this reason.

The thing about me - I really don't care about letting everyone know if I'm going through hard times.

I don't think I would have made another year of the various mandates and measures in place, and I was just about certain I was about to get to the point of a physical confrontation with police had I been kept out of my favourite gym here any longer.

I've been immensely better ever since the V-passport ended about a month ago. But I am a ticking time bomb if this stuff starts again.

Do Mosques generally allow outsiders in? Is it going to be unusual for some otherwise non-religious White dude to walk in?

I've been studying Idi Amin a lot, and he attributes much of his peaceful exile and long life to his belief in Allah.

Saddam Hussein walked to his death praising Allah.

It must be nice to have faith like that.

Also, I want to be clear here: I'm not praising dictators. I'm merely saying I admire their faith in Allah, even to the very end.

Look at how stoic Saddam was even walking up to the gallows. This man was UNWAVERING, and I attribute that to his faith.

Is that such an unreasonable take?

Sometimes I wish I had faith like that.

I was friends with two Muslims in university, and one of them [Muhammad] told me that all faith in God is the same. The Creator is The Creator, in his view [he is now a citizen of Canada, and he has since converted to Catholicism, but I liked his take].

I don't have answers though - only questions. That's why I'm here.

--- End quote ---

Matt,

Thanks for your questions, and I'm happy to tell you that you are NOT an outsider to us if you believe. You are most welcome at ANY mosque. Faith in Allah and a desire to better oneself are all that's required.

In answer to your other one, I'll first draw a distinction between the Saudi state and the Saudi citizens. The state is a self-serving monarchy, and they will have allowed Amin to stay for political as opposed to religious reasons. They FEAR the peaceful Salafist citizens of Saudi Arabia, and try hard to pacify their desire for a more Islamized society through handouts and, when that fails, brute force.

In regards to the admirable stoicism of the great Saddam Hussein - you're absolutely right. He went to his death with a dignity that escapes the Christians and the unbelievers of this world. Why? Because he KNEW what awaited him. He died fighting off the evils of Western imperialism and became a martyr. After my conversion, I, too, no longer fear death. When you experience Allah touching you, revealing himself to you (and you will), you'll understand. Have a blessed day.

Matt:

--- Quote from: Phantom Spunker on April 12, 2022, 06:10:47 AM ---Matt,

Thanks for your questions, and I'm happy to tell you that you are NOT an outsider to us if you believe. You are most welcome at ANY mosque. Faith in Allah and a desire to better oneself are all that's required.

In answer to your other one, I'll first draw a distinction between the Saudi state and the Saudi citizens. The state is a self-serving monarchy, and they will have allowed Amin to stay for political as opposed to religious reasons. They FEAR the peaceful Salafist citizens of Saudi Arabia, and try hard to pacify their desire for a more Islamized society through handouts and, when that fails, brute force.

In regards to the admirable stoicism of the great Saddam Hussein - you're absolutely right. He went to his death with a dignity that escapes the Christians and the unbelievers of this world. Why? Because he KNEW what awaited him. He died fighting off the evils of Western imperialism and became a martyr. After my conversion, I, too, no longer fear death. When you experience Allah touching you, revealing himself to you (and you will), you'll understand. Have a blessed day.
--- End quote ---

Thank you for replying.

It definitely seemed that way to me [Re: Saddam Hussein facing death].

I've been reading about Idi Amin's exile all day, lol.

This is amazing - what an incredible, peaceful, final 23+ years of his life:

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/mad-ugandan-dictator-s-son-reveals-all-about-his-big-daddy-7284754.html

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2011/01/ben-ali-saudi-arabia-tunisia

If you go to that interview I posted in the OP, it is clear that Amin's faith in God [Allah] played a big role in his outlook.

I'd love to spend my last decades with 20+ of my children in the top two stories of the Novotel Hotel on Palestine Road in Jeddah, the Red Sea port city, with a $30,000 monthly stipend from the Saudi government!  :o

Incredible.

I was wondering how much the Saudi Monarchy was giving him. I just found out the amount today.

I figured this post would come across poorly on the G&O, but wasn't sure. I'm glad I posted it here.

I've been studying Idi Amin probably for this whole pandemic, roughly. I feel that Amin's Muslim faith ultimately led to his peaceful exile.

Even an atheist can look at it this way:

Say Amin was not a Muslim. Would the Saudi government had taken in him? I would think not. So what would have happened otherwise? He would have at best, been living in poverty in Sudan or Kenya, or elsewhere in Africa.

So even an atheist should be able to appreciate that his faith led to this outcome, even if it wasn't from a literal religious cause.

So - either way, it seems to me that love for Allah led to this outcome.

I'll have to check out the nearby Mosque. I don't imagine I can take pictures, but I can grab a picture from the outside, open to the public.

I'll learn the rules as I go, I'm sure, and keep this thread updated.  :)

Taffin:

--- Quote from: Matt on April 12, 2022, 12:24:24 AM ---I've been studying Idi Amin a lot, and he attributes much of his peaceful exile and long life to his belief in Allah.

Saddam Hussein walked to his death praising Allah.

It must be nice to have faith like that.

Also, I want to be clear here: [1] I'm not praising dictators. I'm merely saying I admire their faith in Allah, even to the very end.

Look at how stoic Saddam was even walking up to the gallows. This man was UNWAVERING, and I attribute that to his faith.

[2] Is that such an unreasonable take?

--- End quote ---

[1]  I am.  Since all is planned by Allah, who am I to judge His Wisdom?

And they planned and Allah also planned and Allah is the best of planners [Quran 3:54].

[2]  No it is not.

“Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it is the people who are wronging themselves.” [Quran 10:44].

And remember young Brother, "When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray – [Rumi].

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: Taffin on April 12, 2022, 01:37:57 PM ---
[1]  I am.  Since all is planned by Allah, who am I to judge His Wisdom?

And they planned and Allah also planned and Allah is the best of planners [Quran 3:54].

[2]  No it is not.

“Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it is the people who are wronging themselves.” [Quran 10:44].

And remember young Brother, "When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray – [Rumi].

--- End quote ---

I have some of Rumi's work in my locker at work.  I highly recommend reading his works.  Muslim and non Muslim alike can enrich their lives by doing so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version