Author Topic: RIP Eric Fleishman (aka Eric the Trainer)  (Read 2492 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
RIP Eric Fleishman (aka Eric the Trainer)
« on: November 26, 2022, 10:50:59 PM »
Whoa.. from his Facebook.  I have known Eric for years, trainer to the stars, has his gym here in Burbank not 15 minutes away from where I work.  Eric was 53 years old. We saw him all the time here in Los Angeles.   

We are heartbroken to share that Eric Phillip Fleishman passed away unexpectedly on the morning of November 24, 2022. His wife Alysia, son, parents, and close friends/family are deeply saddened by this event. Eric touched many lives for the better. He was a beacon of light, hope, and love.  Eric’s family welcomes the community to join them in celebrating his life by sharing experiences, memories, and tributes to Celebrate.Erics.Life@gmail.com.  Please send photos, videos, music, and stories as to how Eric impacted your life. Our hope is to assemble these contributions for a Celebration of Life ceremony in the near term. The date and time of this event will be forthcoming shortly.  This loss is devastating, and we appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
Re: RIP Eric Fleishman (aka Eric the Trainer)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 11:21:17 PM »
3,2,1, someone is going to mention vaccine

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 11:29:28 PM »
Was more than likely vaccinated !

RIP

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 01:28:23 AM »

"passed away unexpectedly" (Didnt mentions "SADS" or "Suddenly") so the Vax "may be safe".

"SADS"...  ::) ::)

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 03:56:53 AM »
Well known and well-liked in LA. Seems way too young to “pass in his sleep”?

Do we know his actual age? Anyone?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 10:06:05 AM »

I knew Eric, this is sad especially since Doug just passed last month. Our Muscle Beach family seems to be dwindling. I want to say Eric was in his early 50’s if that. Super nice person and very well liked.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 10:07:02 AM »
Clot shot

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 10:17:25 AM »
PIP
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 10:26:48 AM »

PIP

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 11:24:26 AM »
Rumor is that Eric shot himself Thanksgiving morning at his home, caused by prescription drugs dealing with anti-depression.  Whatever demons, illness, mental health occurs, this is never the way.

From weikfitness - Friends, this has got to stop. We've been losing too many in the fitness industry to suicide. If you are having these thoughts, call someone. Hell, call me. We've had so many here of late that while incredibly devastating, I'm almost numb to it. It shouldn’t be like that. Mental health is a MAJOR issue and we can't pretend that it's not. Eric’s suicide reminds me of Robin Williams. They both just wanted to make people happy and smile, yet inside they were battling something no one else knew about. The news is sad and tragic

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »
They will plan a Celebration of Life at Muscle Beach sometime in the future.

From Dave Lieberman: I'm in shock, disbelief and utterly devastated when I heard the horrible news that my friend, ERIC "THE TRAINER" FLEISHMAN, 53 has passed away. In addition to being the trainer to the stars in Hollywood and Rock-N-Roll, he was my friend and most important he was that rare individual that could always make me feel good about myself (if you know me personally, that can be a challenging thing to do at times). His upbeat personality and love for the fitness lifestyle was contagious to all who had the good fortune of meeting Eric. He was always on my list of west coast peeps I had to stop by and see whenever I was in the Los Angeles area. Eric knew what a huge fan of music and movies I was - so he got me backstage on many occasions to meet such bands as Def Leppard and Journey (both bands had him travel with them as their trainer). I was especially thrilled when he got his long time friend and client, Marty Kove (Cobra Kia) on Facetime with me and we ended up talking for an hour about his career and training. My next trip to LA, I was going to take Josephine to his gym and watch her get star struck witnessing the many celebrities coming in and out of the facility throughout the day. Sadly that will never happen now. The world has lost a truly great individual who will be forever missed but most certainly never forgotten. RIP Eric and my deepest and most sincere condolences to all of Eric The Trainer's family and many, many friends throughout the world

From reactionstunts: Death always sucks, but when someone so giving, so positive and someone who was a true catalyst of love that brought SO many people together passes it hurts even more. When the initial lockdown happened during the pandemic, Eric started an online workout program, and it was free at the time because all he cared about was getting people together to work out, get in shape, and focus on something positive while we were all trapped at home. That group grew very much into a online family. I felt like I genuinely knew a lot of these people that I worked out with every day, and I came to love seeing them every, single day. Eric, @alysiakanemoto and the puppets led us through one amazing workout after another, and we all got healthier because of it. Our minds, and our bodies grew as one, and for the first time in years, I had genuine enjoyment from my workouts. Since I started Eric’s workouts, I have lost quite a bit of weight, gained muscle, gained focus, and got better at everything in my life because of his positivity that came into it. I’m going to miss you all, so deeply, my friend. To this day, anytime I work out, I hear your clapping, your various voices that you would use with your hilarious, silly ass puppets, I will hear Alysia‘s laughter, and I will see the giant smile on your face as I am succeeding. I really and truly hope you know how much you meant to so many people. And I wish that I could’ve been there for you as much as you were for me. @ericthetrainer I suspect by the time I get to heaven, all of the Angels, and even Jesus himself will be ripped AF and I cannot wait to join in on your workouts again. I figured the best way to honor you today was to put in one heck of a work out, and I just got done. I am sore, I am sad, and I’ve never cried during a workout before, so I’m sure that helped increase the core strength lol. love you buddy, see you up there

jenbricker: Almost all of my memories of my whole 11 years in LA include Eric! He did so much for me over those years I cannot even explain to you, he believed in me immediately, he took me on as a client even though he had never trained anyone like me, he was EXCITED by the challenge! I practically lived at the gym working out with him for the first few years I moved to LA! I will be eternally grateful for all Eric & @alysiakanemoto have done for me, I love you both and I truly cannot believe you’re gone. Thank you for all the memories

brucenachsin: Within the last 24 hours, I have learned of the passing of someone who I regarded as a coach, a mentor and a friend. Eric Fleishman aka @ericthetrainer became a fixture in my life about 5 years ago when I started taking the XMA stunt class that just happened to be taking place beyond the glass divide in the boxing ring in Eric's gym. At some point I transitioned to the other side of the glass and became a regular part of the morning crew at the gym, where Eric embraced me like family, never missed an opportunity to introduce me to someone and just made a big deal about whatever I was up to. He had a way of making your accomplishments seem great and your obstacles trivial. He helped me drop nearly 100lbs of weight and then post pandemic, drag me back to his gym to do it all over again. Through him, I found community, commonality, friends, and family. He used the strength of his positivity to make even the darkest of times bearable and never wanted anything in return. He was a friend in the truest sense of the word. I was not special in this treatment. Eric had a place in his heart for everyone he met. He extended himself without thought or hesitation and was a source of light in this world. He made each day better for all of us. He made a gym a home for a lot of people and beyond that, he lifted many more emotionally while building them up physically. R.I.P. my friend, I will keep you in my heart always. I will remember you with everything I accomplish and I will strive to live up to the faith you shown in me. You will be missed, you will be remembered.

laurenfitdj: I am absolutely devastated by the loss of my dear friend @ericthetrainer 💔 Eric was one of my favorite people. Every time I saw him he brightened my day, he made me feel special & he truly believed in me. He was like that with everyone he met, after you saw him you were energized & fired up! Eric was such a positive, inspiring, happy person who loved to help other people! I always wished the world had more people like him! But he was one in a billion. And the world is a better, happier place for having him! Eric had a beautiful wife who was equally as in inspiring, positive and sweet!! My heart goes out to you @alysiakanemoto WE love you! Rest In Peace Eric. You will missed tremendously my sweet friend!! 💔🥲✨ Sending my love & condolences & prayers to the family

tatevikthegamer: I’m gutted and heartbroken. I was introduced to Eric the Trainer through my great friend Ric Drasin. When I got word that I was being considered for a WWE tryout, I wanted to get into the best shape of my life. That’s when I met Eric and my gym experience was never the same again. Even though I didn’t get to the destination, it didnt matter because little did I know I would fall in love with the ETT Mecca family and meet some of the most wonderful people. Eric was more than an excellent trainer. He was a beautiful soul full of life, love, and LIGHT. He was a uniter of all people from ALL worlds. But even more than that, he was a friend and my brother. Life is truly not about the destination but about the journey. And uniting with one another through the journey. I’ve met many great people along the way but Eric was one of a kind. It was an honor to know you. I love you and I will miss you forever. Thank you for everything. RIP my friend

chrisminnes: @ericthetrainer was down for anything if it was going to bring joy to others. No one was more generous with their positivity than Eric. When I called Eric about hosting the #NPCMotherLode and I pitched my idea, he wasn't just agreeable, he doubled down. The hat in this photos wasn't even his tallest! 🎩 He had me mail the ringmaster outfit a head of time so he could have it tailored so to be perfect for our stage! On stage he brought electricity and made every moment a gift to the athletes. Thank you Eric for making this world a better world for all of us.
"And your ringmaster of ceremonies, Eric 'the trainer' Fleishman!"

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 12:08:11 PM »
Eric probably didnt shoot himself. I blame the inanimate object for killing him. Team Oak...

In all seriousness, PIP to the guy, seemed to be very well liked...

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 03:12:10 PM »
he was my friend and most important he was that rare individual that could always make me feel good about myself

Its those people who are normally struggling the most.....

Sorry for your loss Ron

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2022, 05:36:15 PM »
PIP

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2022, 01:57:43 AM »
Rumor is that Eric shot himself Thanksgiving morning at his home, caused by prescription drugs dealing with anti-depression.  Whatever demons, illness, mental health occurs, this is never the way.

From weikfitness - Friends, this has got to stop. We've been losing too many in the fitness industry to suicide. If you are having these thoughts, call someone. Hell, call me. We've had so many here of late that while incredibly devastating, I'm almost numb to it. It shouldn’t be like that. Mental health is a MAJOR issue and we can't pretend that it's not. Eric’s suicide reminds me of Robin Williams. They both just wanted to make people happy and smile, yet inside they were battling something no one else knew about. The news is sad and tragic

Damn! RIP

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 07:57:53 AM »
Anti depressants are harmful and dangerous - depression has its roots in genetics, food and life circumstances.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Brian had a probation officer but wasnt a criminal
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »
Anti depressants are harmful and dangerous - depression has its roots in genetics, food and life circumstances.
Midwife I know told me depression can be cause by heavy blood loss
Hence why women suffer from PND

Explains my two years after I almost died from blood loss during kidney stone surgery

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2022, 02:09:12 PM »
PIP