Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

2006 Olympia - Phil Heath a no-go, Dexter a go-go

<< < (3/5) > >>

DK II:
nice move!

after Ronnie retreats, new cards will be dealt!

gracie bjj:
dex is looking awesome,i ran into him saturday night and he looked to be in great shape

HUGEPECS:
Great move, Phil, you have better fish to fry than the olympia this year, in fact, the Olympia is already decided, so we'll wait and see what you bring at the Arnold next year

Flex 215:
        I guess Phil Heath thinks with 10 months off, he would have a legitimate shot to win or at least place very high in the Arnold Classic. And then compete in the Mr. O, probably with no Ronnie.

He wants to keep his momentum going, and maybe his winning streak. Obviously he would have no chance to win the Mr. O this year, and with the 10 months to improve, have a decent shot at winning the Arnold next year.

But I am pretty sure Phil would at least make the top ten in the Olympia. And doesn't this automatically qualify you for next year? He could then take a full 12 months to look his best possible for the 2007 Mr. O, which could be anyone's if Coleman retires.

Winning the Mr O is the main goal, and I would think taking an entire year ,  giving him a couple of extra months to add more size, would be the most benificial. But I guess if he actually pulls of the win at the Arnold next year, he will keep his win streak going. And the last time there was a vacant Mr. O was 1998. And the guy who won the Arnold that year took over.

Naked4Jesus:

--- Quote from: Flex 215 on June 13, 2006, 12:14:27 PM ---        I guess Phil Heath thinks with 10 months off, he would have a legitimate shot to win or at least place very high in the Arnold Classic. And then compete in the Mr. O, probably with no Ronnie.

He wants to keep his momentum going, and maybe his winning streak. Obviously he would have no chance to win the Mr. O this year, and with the 10 months to improve, have a decent shot at winning the Arnold next year.

But I am pretty sure Phil would at least make the top ten in the Olympia. And doesn't this automatically qualify you for next year? He could then take a full 12 months to look his best possible for the 2007 Mr. O, which could be anyone's if Coleman retires.

Winning the Mr O is the main goal, and I would think taking an entire year ,  giving him a couple of extra months to add more size, would be the most benificial. But I guess if he actually pulls of the win at the Arnold next year, he will keep his win streak going. And the last time there was a vacant Mr. O was 1998. And the guy who won the Arnold that year took over.

--- End quote ---

Ronnie's not retiring.  He like collecting those big checks and would probably be training just as much if he weren't competing so why not stop by the big O and pick up his check.  Someone's going to have to actually beat him for him to second guess himself and I don't see that happening in the next few years so I think we can definately pencil in Ronnie for the next few years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version