Author Topic: I`m regretting voting for Obama/Biden  (Read 16183 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: I`m regretting voting for Obama/Biden
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »
http://spectator.org/archives/2009/04/17/the-car-insurance-scam

The Car Insurance Scam

By Eric Peters on 4.17.09 @ 6:06AM

There was once a time when drivers weren’t required to be insured.

There was a time when you didn’t have to buy car insurance. Risky? Reckless? Maybe. But one thing’s certain: All of us now have to spend exorbitant sums on insurance — whether we ever need it or not.

Consider a modest annual premium of $500. Over five years, that’s $2,500 spent on…nothing, if you never have an accident or need to file a claim. And that’s a good bet, incidentally. You probably know someone — perhaps yourself — who has gone 20 or 30 years without a singe at-fault accident. Yet over a ten-year period, such a blameless driver would nonetheless have had to fork over $5,000 in insurance premiums; $10,000 over 20 years.

That is no small change. It’s also money that could have gone to savings, investments, the kids’ college fund — any number of useful, productive things.

Instead, it’s flushed down the financial black hole of state-mandated insurance.

It’s little wonder many of us have no more than a few thousand bucks in the bank (if that). By the time we pay Uncle Stinker 0- who extracts not just federal taxes but also the weekly fraud payment to Social Insecurity amounting to 7.65 percent of every dollar we earn and which none of us under 40 will ever see again — plus state and local taxes and then all the forced insurance we’re made to buy, we’re broke.

I drove around for several years without insurance when it was still legal in my state to do so. (This was Virginia, early 1980s — when the dying embers of personal liberty still glowed a little bit.) I saved thousands of dollars. Never harmed a soul — or cost anyone a red cent.

But what about the risk to others of allowing people to drive without insurance? It’s a valid question. An equally valid answer is: Should the theoretical risk that an individual might damage someone else’s property or person impose a definite obligation on them to buy insurance “just in case”?

Put that way, things get clearer. 

Arguably, the only time you or I should be forced to do anything is when it can be shown there is a direct, specific negative impact on others arising out of something we’ve done. Specifically, as individuals — not as members of a group based on age, sex or whatever.

Vague, generalized, broad-brush “risk” shouldn’t be sufficient cause for a legal corn-holing.

And speaking of which: What about the side effects of compulsory coverage?

For one, mandatory insurance cheats us all — because we’re all forced to do business with a cartel. When insurance is optional, insurers have to fight for our business as individuals. It’s much harder for them to shake us down at every turn over things like premium “surcharges” based on trumped-up speeding tickets. We can just say, No Thanks.

But when everyone has to buy a policy, the insurance cartels have us all by the soft parts. We’ve lost our leverage — and of course, they exploit it mercilessly.

It’s no coincidence that the cost of a typical insurance policy has increased obnoxiously since mandatory coverage went into effect over the past 20-25 years. Even “good drivers” who have never filed a claim or been involved in an at-fault accident are compelled to hand over hundreds, if not thousands, to the insurance mafiosi each and every year.

That money could have been set aside in a “rainy day” fund - and used to pay out expenses resulting from an accident. Assuming one actually happens, which statistically speaking, it probably won’t. And if it doesn’t, you’d still have your money — instead of the insurance cartel.

As far as the risk to others — the main argument used to defend forced coverage — it really comes down to whether you believe in liberty: Which is more important? Your ability (via the coercive apparatus of government) to force others to buy insurance against a small, theoretical risk to you that may and probably never will be needed? Or allowing individuals to decide for themselves what’s best - and leaving them free to act?

Sadly, too many of us no longer believe in liberty. The Fourth of July has become an absurdity — a holiday about “freedom” most of us aren’t even allowed to celebrate with fireworks we light off ourselves anymore. That would be risky, unsafe. Someone might get hurt. So naturally, it’s illegal in most parts of the country.

Just like not buying insurance.

About the Author

Eric Peters is an automotive columnist and author of Automotive Atrocities: The Cars You Love to Hate (Motor Books International) and a new book, Road Hogs.

http://spectator.org/archives/2009/04/17/the-car-insurance-scam

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
In NC, if you have ANY lapse in Auto Coverage, you have to pay a fine.  This was enacted by Republicans in our state.  They are horrible.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »
http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/examples/

If there has been a break in coverage:
You must re-certify with the correct insurance information and submit the listed penalty amount within 10 days from the date of the letter in order to retain your license plate.
Civil penalties assessed for a lapse in liability insurance are based on the number of prior lapses you have had on your vehicle within three years of the current lapse. If this is your first lapse, your civil penalty will be $50.00. If this is your second lapse, your civil penalty will be $100.00. If you have more than two lapses, your civil penalty will be $150.00.

Failure to respond within the required time can result in the loss of your license plate for 30 days.
Re-licensing after loss of license plate:
In order to relicense after 30 days, you must:

Provide proof of insurance coverage Form FS-1 (which you can obtain from your insurance agent);
Pay a civil penalty fee of $50.00, $100.00 or $150.00 (depending on how many prior paid lapses you have General Statute 20-311).
Pay a $50.00 service fee;
And pay the appropriate license plate fee.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »
I know this is a crazy idea, but imagine a mildly, socially liberal political party that was cool with gay marriage and abortion but didn't worship the the idea of diversity over ability. Imagine a party that appreciated libertarian ideas about limited government but didn't obsess over "chem trails" and "tower seven." Imagine a political party that believed fiscal responsibility can include short term safety nets for people in dire straights, but had no use for long term cradle to grave care.

Maybe it's a fairy tale  :-\

It is a fairy tale.  Sensible people don't throw money at politicians like the special interest groups that own both parties.

Also, 50% of the population is below average intelligence and half of the upper 50% are still retards.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2013, 06:48:27 PM »
It is a fairy tale.  Sensible people don't throw money at politicians like the special interest groups that own both parties.
Ok. Dr. Moebius.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2013, 06:51:42 PM »
The Health Care debacle is reason enough to regret it all. (no true Universal Healthcare, just pure Fascism-collusion between the Private Insurance Industry and Government) A Republican plan stolen from Bob Dole and Mitt Romney. 

Then there is the gun debacle that is getting ready to happen.

And now there is nonsensical stuff like this:

http://kotaku.com/5975012/joe-biden-will-meet-with-video-gamings-chief-lobbyist-on-friday

This Friday, Joe Biden Will Talk School Shootings With The Video Game Industry
That's because you're a moron - hope this helps!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2013, 06:55:21 PM »
Ok. Dr. Moebius.

Dr. Möbius, fuckface.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »

Dr. Möbius, fuckface.

Spelling/grammar issues; anger management; and lack of of falcon control. 3/10

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2013, 07:04:04 PM »
Spelling/grammar issues; anger management; and lack of of falcon control. 3/10

My wife suffers from moebius syndrome so I don't appreciate a "dr" mocking her, fuckface.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »
My wife suffers from moebius syndrome so I don't appreciate a "dr" mocking her, fuckface.
Roger. Roger. Anger management now augmented to 7'/10. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:50 PM »
lmfao at adonis thinking obama would give the slightest shit about him, or romney, or whoever else he "voted" for.

politicians act in the best interest of their corporate buddies and own interest.

not a single one gives a fuck about any voter.

biggest campaign financiers, thats who they care for.

not for ideology, left or right wing politics, let alone your vote and what you think of him.lol.

i hope this helps.

now can come some most idiotic politian oppurtunist fraudster along and defend the second ammendment and millions oxes would vote for him based on just that promise, and then theyd later on find themselves dissapointed about other stuff.

i can see a pattern here.

This, although it's the entire voting body, not just adonis.

These people dont give a fuck about any of us.

there are three parties in America, the rich,  working class and the poor. and the rich are hell bent on making the working class into more poor people.

You really think the power brokers in Washington, the elite ruling class of this country, give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves ?

Look at what these assholes do these days. Back in the day at least they tried to be slick and keep up appearances about fucking everyone...now they are just like "yeah, we are just going to take these billions of dollars even through we royally fucked up, fuck you..do something about it"

"yeah, we are just going to pass laws that completely violate your civil rights and piss on the Constitution, no vote, no due process...fuck you..do something about it"

There's an old saying i like..."at least Jesse James put a gun in your face"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »

there are three parties in America, the rich,  working class and the poor. and the rich are hell bent on making the working class into more poor people.

You really think the power brokers in Washington, the elite ruling class of this country, give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves ?

Look at what these assholes do these days. Back in the day at least they tried to be slick and keep up appearances about fucking everyone...now they are just like "yeah, we are just going to take these billions of dollars even through we royally fucked up, fuck you..do something about it"

"yeah, we are just going to pass laws that completely violate your civil rights and piss on the Constitution, no vote, no due process...fuck you..do something about it"
So true. I usually make some political japes, but this is so true. Post-Reagan, we have seen the rich not only move the goal posts, income-wise, they've used their cash to distort the politico/socio discussion. The working, middle class, is now only a reference in a Springsteen song.   

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »
So you guys are saying that the more progressive left we get, the shittier this country gets?

I'll agree.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2013, 07:45:19 PM »
So you guys are saying that the more progressive left we get, the shittier this country gets?

I'll agree.

it sucks either way.

The Dems take a symbolic amount of money, in the grand scheme of things, and give it to poor people...republicans go batshit. but rich people aren't suddenly in the poor house

Repulicans take a symbolic amount of money, and give it to themselves, and Dems go batshit..but the poor still get their fucking food stamps and medical.

it's like this neverending struggle for 10% of  the money, back and forth forever.... its not like anybody's life dramatically changes in a massive shift, no matter who is in office

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »

there are three parties in America, the rich,  working class and the poor. and the rich are hell bent on making the working class into more poor people.

nobody gives a rat ass about anyone but loved ones. We dont care about people we have no conections with, we only care about people who are useful to our survival and ignore the rest. Religious people tend to care more about people outside of their families, while atheists dont even care about people in their own families anymore having been betrayed by them. Life is a giant free for all, and again we ignore those who have no ties with us, we are only interested in the survival -and submission- of people who are close to us, because our own survival depends of theirs, as simple as that. It has always been the same and will always be the same in the...animal kingdom, the rules of the game will never, ever, change.

By the way, globalization means middle and lower social classes of the whole planet are merged together; elites also merge together, but all in all it's always a question of classes strugle, the only difference now is that you re in competition not just with the neighbor, the male population of your town, city, or county for a job, but with all males from the whole fucking world. Rich people are still rich, poor people are still poor. There's a new trend tho emerging since the 2000s: the middle class in occident is getting poorer... Soon you ll have a hard time telling who s from the middle or poorest class. As i mentionned it earlier, if you dont own anything, at least a shelter, you re from the lower social class, in the big picture.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2013, 07:50:46 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »

it sucks either way.

The Dems take a symbolic amount of money, in the grand scheme of things, and give it to poor people...republicans go batshit. but rich people aren't suddenly in the poor house

Repulicans take a symbolic amount of money, and give it to themselves, and Dems go batshit..but the poor still get their fucking food stamps and medical.

it's like this neverending struggle for 10% of  the money, back and forth forever.... its not like anybody's life dramatically changes in a massive shift, no matter who is in office
Hmm. Actually, while all this floor show goes on, the rich get so much richer and the middle-class and poor  have their standings eroded.  :-\  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
nobody gives a rat ass about anyone but loved ones. We dont care about people we have no conections with, we only care about people who are useful to our survival and ignore the rest. Religious people tend to care more about people outside of their families, while atheists dont even care about people in their own families anymore having been betrayed by them. Life is a giant free for all, and again we ignore those who have no ties with us, we are only interested in the survival -and submission- of people who are close to us, because our own survival depends of theirs, as simple as that. It has always been the same and will always be the same in the...animal kingdom, the rules of the game will never, ever, change.
::)

Bill Gates

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »

I'll agree.
I wouldn`t call any of them Progressives at all.  There are maybe 2 or 3 true Progressives in Government at this point.  Look at this "Progressive"-  She is making the Republican argument for Bob Dole Care (ObamaCare) that was pushed hard by the right wing in the 90s.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »

Uberman = Biggest idiot alive .

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »
Nothing new.
Its always been Socialism for the Rich, Capitalism for the Poor.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2013, 08:03:16 PM »
Hmm. Actually, while all this floor show goes on, the rich get so much richer and the middle-class and poor  have their standings eroded.  :-\  

Yes and no...I don't profess to be an expert, But i know that everybody i know, is basically in the same place they have always been...the rich fuckers are still rich..the dudes who work and hustle and make a living, are still making a living , and the broke ass losers are still broke ass losers.

The people who have the knack and always fall ass-backwards into money, will keep on doing it

The people who are competent, solid people with work ethic and responsibilty, always seem to land on their feet

and the guys who never made shit out of their life, are still kicking a can down the street

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2013, 08:04:45 PM »
billy gates helps black people from africa to survive, pay them drugs, pay them schools, but what does he do for white homeless, poor people of...the usa? Nothing. How comes ? This is pathetic. Now let's get in the details, the consequences of billy's good intentions...
The people in black africa who get vaccinated survive and reproduce even more than before, they re still as dumb as before, still having too many kids they cant feed... then they come in the first world, cause at the same time our "elites" opened our borders wide, so skinnies get in competiton for jobs with lower social classes of the host country, and it...lower salaries for everyone...who wins? Yeah, billy and his friends.

If these assholes didnt protect the skinnies, they would keep killing each others, but now we have millions -and growing- of blacks flooding europe and replacing white atheists who dont reproduce. Fact is, billy either has no clue what are the real consequences of what he s doing, or he s one huge cynical asshole. In the end, these people who arent able to control their birth rates shouldnt have kids they cant educate or feed, without billy and his need for attention and others assholes, these people would simply stay in the stone age. When they come in the west they dont even want to integrate themselves, but they replace natives openly and most are muslims.

Looks like things are a bit more complicated than you thought initially huh? AGAIN.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »
The Health Care debacle is reason enough to regret it all. (no true Universal Healthcare, just pure Fascism-collusion between the Private Insurance Industry and Government) A Republican plan stolen from Bob Dole and Mitt Romney. 

Then there is the gun debacle that is getting ready to happen.

And now there is nonsensical stuff like this:

http://kotaku.com/5975012/joe-biden-will-meet-with-video-gamings-chief-lobbyist-on-friday

This Friday, Joe Biden Will Talk School Shootings With The Video Game Industry
you crazy folks that voted for obama twice, slay me.

voting for him once......maybe....twice ......total joke.

just my opinion though.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
billy gates helps black people from africa to survive, pay them drugs, pay them schools, but what does he do for white homeless, poor people of...the usa? Nothing. How comes ? This is pathetic. Now let's get in the details, the consequences of billy's good intentions...
 Also, the people in black africa who get vaccinated survive and reproduce even more than before, they re still as dumb as before, still having too many kids they cant feed... then they come in the first world, cause at the same time our "elites" opened our borders wide, so skinnies get in competiton for jobs with lower social classes of the host country, and it...lower salaries for everyone...who wins? Yeah, billy and his friends.

If these assholes didnt protect the skinnies, they would keep killing each others, but now we have millions -and growing- of blacks flooding europe and replacing white atheists who dont reproduce. Fact is, billy either has no clue what are the real consequences of what he s doing, or he s one huge cynical asshole. In the end, these people who arent able to control their birth rates shouldnt have kids they cant educate or feed, without billy and his need for attention and others assholes, these people would simply stay in the stone age. When they come in the west they dont even want to integrate themselves, but they replace natives openly and most are muslims.

Looks like things are a bit more complicated than you thought initially huh? AGAIN.

United States Program

Under President Allan Golston, the United States Program has made grants such as the following:
U.S. Libraries

In 1997, the foundation introduced a U.S. Libraries initiative with a goal of "ensuring that if you can get to a public library, you can reach the Internet." The foundation has given grants, installed computers and software, and provided training and technical support in partnership with public libraries nationwide.

Most recently, the foundation gave a US$12.2 million grant to the Southeastern Library Network (SOLINET) to assist libraries in Louisiana and Mississippi on the Gulf Coast, many of which were damaged or destroyed by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
Education

Smaller Schools
    The Gates foundation claims one in five students is unable to read and grasp the contents of what they read, and African American and Latino students are graduating with the skills of a middle school student.[38] The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation has invested more than US$250 million in grants to create new small schools, reduce student-to-teacher ratios, and to divide up large high schools through the schools-within-a-school model.[38]

Cornell University
    Faculty of Computing and Information Science received US$25 million from the Foundation for a new Information Science building which will be named the Bill and Melinda Gates Hall. The total cost of the building is expected to be US$60 million. Construction began in March 2012 and is expected to be completed by 2014.[39]

Carnegie Mellon University
    The Foundation gave US$20 million to the Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science for a new Computer Science building which is named the Gates Center for Computer Science.[40] It officially opened on September 22, 2009.[41]

D.C. Achievers Scholarships
    The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation announced March 22, 2007 a US$122 million initiative to send hundreds of the District of Columbia's poorest students to college.[42]

Gates Cambridge Scholarships
    Donated US$210 million in October 2000 to help outstanding graduate students outside of the United Kingdom study at the University of Cambridge. Approximately 100 new students every year are funded.[43]

Gates Millennium Scholars
    Administered by the United Negro College Fund, the foundation donated US$1.5 billion for scholarships to high achieving minority students.[44]

NewSchools Venture Fund
    The Foundation contributed US$30 million to help NewSchools to manage more charter schools, which aim to prepare students in historically underserved areas for college and careers.

Strong American Schools
    On April 25, 2007, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation joined forces with the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation pledging a joint US$60 million to create Strong American Schools, a nonprofit project responsible for running ED in 08, an initiative and information campaign aimed at encouraging 2008 presidential contenders to include education in their campaign policies.[45]

Teaching Channel
    The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation announced in September 2011 a US$3.5 million initiative to launch a multi-platform service delivering professional development videos for teachers over the Internet, public television, cable and other digital outlets. [46]To date, over 13,500 teachers and educators have joined the community to share ideas, lesson plans and teaching methods.[47]

The Texas High School Project

The project was set out to increase and improve high school graduation rates across Texas. The foundation committed US$84.6 million to the project beginning in 2003. The THSP focuses its efforts on high-need schools and districts statewide, with an emphasis on urban areas and the Texas-Mexico border.[48]

University Scholars Program
    Donated US$20 million in 1998 to endow a scholarship program at Melinda Gates' alma mater, Duke University.[49] The program provides full scholarships to about 10 members of each undergraduate class and one member in each class in each of the professional schools (schools of medicine, business, law, divinity, environment, nursing, and public policy), as well as to students in the Graduate School pursuing doctoral degrees in any discipline. Graduate and professional school scholars serve as mentors to the undergraduate scholars, who are chosen on the basis of financial need and potential for interdisciplinary academic interests. Scholars are chosen each spring from new applicants to Duke University's undergraduate, graduate, and professional school programs. The program features seminars to bring these scholars together for interdisciplinary discussions and an annual spring symposium organized by the scholars.

Washington State Achievers Scholarship
    The Washington State Achievers program encourages schools to create cultures of high academic achievement while providing scholarship support to select college-bound students.

William H. Gates Public Service Law Program
    This program awards five full scholarships annually to the University of Washington School of Law. Scholars commit to working in relatively low-paying public service legal positions for at least the first five years following graduation.[50]

Pacific Northwest

Discovery Institute
    Donated US$1 million in 2000 to the Discovery Institute and pledged US$9.35 million over 10 years in 2003, including US$50,000 of Bruce Chapman's US$141,000 annual salary. According to a Gates Foundation grant maker, this grant is "exclusive to the Cascadia project" on regional transportation, and it may not be used for the Institute's other activities, including promotion of intelligent design.[citation needed]

Rainier Scholars
    Donated US$1 million

Computer History Museum
    Donated US$15 million to the museum in October 2005.[51]