Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev  (Read 115375 times)

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Milos Sarcev
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
Milos
is your Giant-Set program also beneficial for naturals or is this too much stimulation so they can't even compensate the broken down tissue??

If you are afraid of TOO MUCH, extremes...and everything in that sense - YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SPORT!

EXTREME is the ONLY WAY...but ONLY - EXTREMELY GOOD things would be my choice... ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2008, 02:06:32 PM »
Miss you brother.. Please give my best to Mila & the rest of the Fullerton crew. 10 weeks out and on target. The exercises you showed have done wonders.. Thanks for the knowledge. Disgusted is working his magic. I went back to old school contest prep and I'm 3 weeks ahead conditioning wise. I'll be guest posing 3 weeks out from the AC.. You will be very happy ;)

King, would u like to share what you and disgusted are doing to get you so ahead of schedule?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
Not to step on Milos' toes here, but I have used the giant set method with good results and naturally as well. At first your strength will go down, but after a few weeks it starts coming back up and before long you are doing giant sets with the same weight you were doing straight sets with. I did not use the # of exercises Milos' does, I used far less, about 5-6 for a giants set. it was a fun alternative for awhile.

CHAOS and others;

Here is the thing:

When I talk about GIANT SETS everyone immediately assumes that what I mean by that is: 4+ exercises in the row (2 would make so called "super-set" and 3 different exercises would be called "tri-set"...when we have 4+ exercises it is accepted as the "giant set") and NOTHING MORE!

So, I want you to step back and think about it.

Do I expect someone to put any 4 exercises in a row and perform them identically with SAME load, repetition protocol, tempo, range of motion, grip, stance...WHATEVER?

What would be a point?

Or...I suggest CAREFULLY choosing the exercises WITH PRECISE GOAL IN MIND...

And USING THIS WAY OF THINKING - numerous athletes from NUMEROUS different sporting activities could apply weight resistance training using GIANT SETS best adjusted to suit their SPORT SPECIFIC NEEDS...

Why expect SAME, SAME, SAME SAME, SAME...(did I say SAME?)

Same exercises (year around...or LIFETIME AROUND to be blunt...Yes, I have witnessed NUMBER of great bodybuilding champions who during their ENTIRE career didn't change much ANYTHING in their training...Almost as they started and learned "BEST EXERCISES" for whatever muscle group they continued doing THE SAME, SAME, SAME - for 20+ years...For the love of God - how can anyone do that?), same VOLUME, same number of sets, same number of reps..same kind of muscle contraction (same eccentric and same concentric part of the movement), same grip...same stance..same range of motion, same angles, same plain of the movement, same tempo, same E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G....Day after day, year after year, decade after decade...

And WHY exactly?

Because everyone fails to even THINK about asking the question: CAN I DO ANYTHING TO IMPROVE ANYTHING?
Anything at all?

As we are the creatures of habit - quite often we just accept something and do it...FOREVER...or should I say - for prolonged period of time - until some A-hole Milos (for example) tells us: "who are you kidding?"

Let's face it: WHY do 90% of the bodybuilding champions from the last half of the Century have ALMOST IDENTICAL everything?
Choice of exercises, workout programs, sets/reps protocols, way of lifting, breathing, resting...even POSING....

Why the same craze continues nowadays...?

Can we even imagine doing ANYTHING DIFFERENT?

Anything better?

How about SOMETHING BY FAR SUPERIOR?

And who is to tell if something is good, better, best?

Well, WE ALL ARE...if we are open minded, listen, observe, exchange the knowledge and experiences, discuss and analyze opinions...and MAYBE test few things together...collectively. ..or alone (doesn't matter really)...

But, I simply propose: LETS HELP EACH OTHER, learn from each other...IMPROVE, progress, EXCEL...rather than boycott, ruin, attack, fight, complain, insult...etc..etc

I have organized FREE SEMINAR last year - mainly for my GETBIG friends and enemies...(hoping that few enemies will show up, talk to me...see who I really am and THAN judge me...) and a lot of people just DIDN'T SHOW UP...

I made myself available for questioning (like this column) but than and there I could respond and answer ANY question instantly...On the net is completely different as I don't really have that much time (and few will question that - not realizing how much I really have on my plate)...

I am offering AGAIN - free seminar with PROMISE that whatever I have to say and show you guys will "blow your mind"...but...as this sounds arrogant and I can't stand arrogance - I have to say it differently...Maybe: EXCEPT to learn SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT as what is conventionally accepted as correct...

And YES, for all of you who have doubts and wants me to PROVE what I am saying...I will tell you right now: I WILL PROVE everything and let you decide with your own logic IF what I am telling is THE TRUTH...

As I never wanted to talk about it - I simply didn't...

But, as many of you guys here talk about Milos and INSULIN...you don't realize that YES, I teached many champs how to use it correctly.

I could have kept the secret for myself back in 1993...but I didn't...
I exposed what I knew and what I experienced to many bodybuilders - and changed their life COMPLETELY...

I helped some beat me in the contest...and had no problem...

I believe in TRUE SPORTSMANSHIP.

Let's have the same tools and than let's see who is better.

First guy who I helped is now talking so much "wonderful things" about me - it is truly sad...

The difference I made in him is still worth checking and improvements he made from 1994 Mr. Olympia to 1995 Houston and NOC shows which he convincingly won - in shocking fashion...

As the very person who's career I helped to the point that he became top contender for years to come - started spreading THE FALSE INFORMATION about my insulin protocol - I decided to PUBLISH THE ARTICLE about correct usage of insulin for athletes/bodybuilders...

I was in very good terms with Bill Phillips at the time and I gave him the article which he published in Muscle Media 2000 - which revolutionized bodybuilding competitions (Hmmm, should I mention that I did that FREE OF CHARGE? Both - athlete who became top contender and multimillionaire editor who gladly took everything I was giving him for years with promises that he will 'sign me up" and pay me handsomely for my contribution to his magazine...).

My friendship with the athlete soon ended up - as I couldn't accept the way he conducted himself in public...and his unthinkable ethics and willingness to spread false rumors with intentions to HURT many people...
While "little jokes" would be no big deal - his attempts to pretty much destroy few careers of bodybuilders who were our colleagues and some my personal friends - by telling them COMPLETELY FABRICATED and FALSE INFO (insulin protocol to be exact) - was ENOUGH for me...

The same guy (we all know who I am talking about) gave DEA some more false info - that made them interested to investigate me in the first place (after certain PRO initiated the whole thing...)...and after I survived everything - he now has few more things to say about me...I guess to best thank me for MAKING HIS CAREER...

Anyway, I am mentioning few things here for a reason...

I said numerous times and I'll repeat one more time:
I love people and I would like to help as many people as I can...
I was raised that way and absolutely love ethics, morals and values my parents gave me (and my sister).
And most importantly: I stand behind everything that I say and/or do...so IF any of you guys from GETBIG have your doubts I would encourage you o come to my next seminar, meet me in person and test me - point blank...

As I was trying to help many readers here with some info - I was attacked as money hungry "snake oil selling charlatan"...only trying to sell my product...so I stopped beating a dead horse...pretty much...

IF there are ENOUGH INTERESTED people - I will organize another free seminar...WITH PLEASURE...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »
IF there are ENOUGH INTERESTED people - I will organize another free seminar...WITH PLEASURE...

We have kind of touched on this topic several times Milos, it always seems to end with a "When"?

When can we plan for the next seminar? I think it would be wise to push it out a few months so as many people on here that like to talk shit can show up and ask questions.

I had to leave early from your last seminar, so I would like to plan on staying the entire time for this one.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2008, 03:26:23 PM »

i am interested ! count me as one

milos-
in your opinion, what is the most important factor in one achieving their bodybuilding (physique) goals?  

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
milos, wasn't the last seminar you gave taped?

i thought it was going to be put on you tube or google video for all the people who couldn't make it?

also - what were you saying about insulin's numerous advantages........?  ;D ;)
175lbs by 31st July

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2008, 03:45:06 PM »
milos, wasn't the last seminar you gave taped?

i thought it was going to be put on you tube or google video for all the people who couldn't make it?

also - what were you saying about insulin's numerous advantages........?  ;D ;)

Panda - you just reminded me...HELL - WHERE IS THE VIDEO FOOTAGE from the seminar?

I was too bust to think about it...but IT IS TAPED and Chapman Media Group HAS IT...

Insulin advantages ;D ;D ;D ;D - Just little bit more patience...please...

You'll see...it is not yes or no type of question it is WAR and PIECE type rather....

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »
We have kind of touched on this topic several times Milos, it always seems to end with a "When"?

When can we plan for the next seminar? I think it would be wise to push it out a few months so as many people on here that like to talk shit can show up and ask questions.

I had to leave early from your last seminar, so I would like to plan on staying the entire time for this one.

I am open for any suggestions...

Around Olympia time?

Hmmmm - AT THE OLYMPIA?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »
i am interested ! count me as one

milos-
in your opinion, what is the most important factor in one achieving their bodybuilding (physique) goals? 

MIND - no question! ;)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2008, 03:50:01 PM »
MIND - no question! ;)
what do you mean "mind" ...  like, mind+muscle connection; or will power to be dedicated, or possitive thinking, or all of them !?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »
Milos,

Have you had enough time to review my two questions?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »
I am open for any suggestions...

Around Olympia time?

Hmmmm - AT THE OLYMPIA?

AT THE OLYMPIA would definetely work!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »
Milos,

Have you had enough time to review my two questions?

You mentioned this, when making reference to the shakes you were giving to guys like Silvio Samuel, Luke Wood, and Hideo (can't remember his last name).

I have two questions, regarding this:

1) Do those work only when someone is training in this manner, or can they use conventional training method (i.e. 8-10 reps and straight sets)?

2) I've made my cheap version of the shake you recommended using 60 ml (2 fl oz.) of liquid aminos, 6 grams creatine (w/35 grams of dextrose included), and 5 grams of glutamine. Is there any way I can improve that recipe?

I have brought your questions to this page for easier access. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »
King, would u like to share what you and disgusted are doing to get you so ahead of schedule?

Just started a little eariler and with some cardio. I want King very lean much earlier than usual which to me is normal.  ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »
Just started a little eariler and with some cardio. I want King very lean much earlier than usual which to me is normal.  ;)

So is he going to be closer to his conditiong that he had when he turned pro?

I know his physique cant go back to how it used to look, but what do u think it will take for King to get a top five placing?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
So is he going to be closer to his conditiong that he had when he turned pro?

I know his physique cant go back to how it used to look, but what do u think it will take for King to get a top five placing?

Conditioning and conditioning

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »
Conditioning and conditioning

well hey, thats something that guys arent bringing these days. Did u happen to see the pics/videos from the houston show? there were like only 3 guys in shape at the whole show.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2008, 07:35:57 PM »
well hey, thats something that guys arent bringing these days. Did u happen to see the pics/videos from the houston show? there were like only 3 guys in shape at the whole show.

I just glanced at them. Most had horrible conditioning and I did not agree with Silvio winning. Silvio has bad symmetry.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »
I just glanced at them. Most had horrible conditioning and I did not agree with Silvio winning. Silvio has bad symmetry.
I think his shoulders need to catch up with his arms and his legs look huge to his upper body, but he has brought the excellent conditioning before and he's a really nice guy. (at least when I talked to him he was)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2008, 07:51:55 PM »
I think his shoulders need to catch up with his arms and his legs look huge to his upper body, but he has brought the excellent conditioning before and he's a really nice guy. (at least when I talked to him he was)

Yeah I have heard he's a nice guy. I particularly don't like his DB shot. Waist is too long and he has no lats from the front in that pose. Also agree that his legs are too big for his upper body. He also needs to work on his posing overall. He keeps his legs too bent and too far apart in most poses.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »
Yeah I have heard he's a nice guy. I particularly don't like his DB shot. Waist is too long and he has no lats from the front in that pose. Also agree that his legs are too big for his upper body. He also needs to work on his posing overall. He keeps his legs too bent and too far apart in most poses.
yes his posing does suck, but its not as bad as it used to be. And his legs are WAY too big. But i think he won because there wasnt much to pick from in that show, and he's the biggest "name" in the lineup ( other than Darrem). Darrem came in way off, craig richardson looks good, but doesnt have much muscle, Leo Ingram IMO should have won the show, but oh well, cant win em all.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2008, 04:12:33 AM »
where can we find a copy of the MM2K milos article on slin?

The Coach

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2008, 09:01:35 AM »
You are not being negative here Coach?
Again, you jump in to tell me that I did not really answer his question?

Really?

QUESTION:

Milos:
What do you feel about super high reps for muscle gain? I'm talking 30-100 rep range. Some feel it can shock the body into growth others claim it's useless.

ANSWER:

Those who claim it's useless are those who never tried it...

But, to me IT IS NOT IMPORTANT HOW MANY REPS YOU DO PER SET...IT IS HOW YOU DO IT....

Now - for ages it is accepted that bodybuilders should train certain way...It is painful for me to even think about it...

Let me ask you:

How many of you honestly thought about WHY most of the bodybuilders pretty much do SAME EXERCISES, with SAME repetition protocols, same sets, same-same-same-same...everything?

You can name 100 bodybuilders and guess their lifetime routines and everyone will be about 90% accurate...

Everyone trains pretty much the same (for really - A LIFETIME...not just couple of years...but FOREVER AND EVER..)

Well, does it really have to be that way?

I will soon make few clips of unconventional exercises I do for each and every muscle group...I am sure some of you would appreciate it (while some would find it ridiculous...)

VARIETY is "THE NAME OF THE GAME" - what I consider THE most important factor in continuous progress...

As long as you CHANGE something in your training and address as many training variables (load, tempo, range of motion, angle, stance, grip....rep range, volume...etc...etc) as you can - there is a very good chance that you are indeed STIMULATING MUSCLES to grow - creating shock that your body is just not accustom to...

Now, if you understand that stimulation of muscle fibers without the presence of appropriate and adequate nutritional support means WASTING TIME...than (and only than) you can honestly conclude if only HEAVY WEIGHT AND LOW REPS produce muscular growth...or...just about EVERY KIND OF MUSCLE CONTRACTION could trigger - muscular hypertrophy...

Now Coach...what is your exact point?

You want to tell me that question was: Can you tell me a range or repetitions for power, strength and hypertrophy and IF you can hit a muscle so many ways? ::)

You want to tell me about the rep ranges USUALLY USED by a rookie trainers (like yourself) who learned "rocket science" of repetition protocols for strength, speed, power, endurance, hypertrophy....?

Oh - let me see Coach..How does this sound 1-5 STRENGTH, POWER, 6-12 HYPERTOPHY/fast twitch fiber specific, 12+ ENDURANCE/slow twitch fiber specific training... ::) ::) ::)

But Coach...why don't we ell people here what is the real problem you have with me?

You told one of my clients and friends from Getbig (Dean)...that Milos is full of sh-aleluyah...
You told him how you know everything I know and than some...and he challenged you about it...

What's more he gave me your phone and I did call you to tell you that I would be MORE THAN HAPPY IF you would want to meet and have little open debate...and compare the knowledge...which you so panicky refused...

I told you that I would be more than happy to publicly embarrass you and show the world how little you know...as I (and anyone else with remotely elemental knowledge of physiology, exercise physiology, clinical and sports nutrition, biochemistry, anatomy...etc) could see through you - oh so easily....

I am still giving you the same offer: bring the camcorder and anyone you care to be there to possibly be there for your support (John might be ideal...as I see him as the honest man who is a TRUE EXPERT, contrary to you...)...

There is nothing else that I can say but: I tried to be nice...I even offered to train you and consult you...but your damaged ego got on the way...

So Coachy...Let me answer my questions MY WAY...and next time READ the real question and not between the lines...

So, news to you a Coach ( ::)...Coach for what exactly? ;D...Waste time? Well, I'll give you that...Nobody does better than you ;)):

Can you imagine stimulating GROWTH and HYPERTROPHY using the number of repetitions that are NOT considered stimulating to fast-twitch muscle fiber development?

Hmmmmm?

T - A - K - E     Y - O - U - R     T - I - M - E ....think long and hard...and maybe - ANSWER THE QUESTION? ;D

Ok Milos, all I said was you didn't answer the question, I did not say I disagreed. BUT that being said, how long do YOU think someone should train on high reps......6 weeks, 8, 12 forever?

Back in the day, and sure you might have been apart of this. When I, Rory, Bob Paris and Jon Aranita were under the guidance of Jeff Feliciano, we did 100's type of training, but for only 8 weeks at a time, the therorie was to create hyperplasia. What's your feeling on this?

Now, you seem to want to get personal with all of posts against me.......fine, we BOTH deserve it. You roll your eyes and when it comes to the rep protocol of power, strength and hypertrophy. But are you going to start a young athlete (not bodybuilder) with high reps? We talk on two different wave lengths here Milos, you talk bodybuilding and I talk ATHLETES. I have certain protocol and periodization that my athletes go through to maximize power, strength, hypertrophy  and conditioning while minumizing injuries. More on this later.

Bottom line is, my training is based on proven case written studies. I want you show me (us) where reps don't matter? Of course mechanics ALWAYS matters.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »
hey, very cool thread, and cool to see King back here...he is a cool guy , i like him...and make me remember some years ago when i started to go to the gym and so on, and King was the most talked guy around boards (for better or worse lol)

very cool times
!

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2008, 12:49:59 PM »

Being LEAN much earlier than usual...?

HOW ABOUT BEING ALWAYS LEAN? ;)