Author Topic: Education and Christianity  (Read 5573 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
Education and Christianity
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:15:40 PM »
It seems the more educated we become, the further away from Christ and the word of God we end up....  God blessed us with the freedom of choice and the ability to learn why are people moving away from Christ?
I am a grown ass man

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: Education and Christianity
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 09:34:42 PM »
so your saying we stay stupid?  J/k.  I don't think that is the case.  i think that the more educated you become the more you analyze christianity and view it differently.  maybe i'm worng, im not that religous to begin with.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 03:02:46 AM »
I think there's a pattern here.

I believe educating yourself in the sciences leads you to have non-religious beliefs.

But it can come full circle too.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 09:38:47 AM »
I think the more educated you become the easier it is to accept Christianity. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 09:48:24 AM »
I think the further you get into science, the more you discover, the further you validate the exsistence of GOD in the non-organized religous, non-Bible,  sense.  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »
I think the further you get into science, the more you discover, the further you validate the exsistence of GOD in the non-organized religous, non-Bible,  sense.  ;)

Not me.  The more I get into science the more I see the existence of God, through the Bible. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 11:43:07 AM »
I believe educating yourself in the sciences leads you to have non-religious beliefs.
But it can come full circle too.

Exactly:

Famous Scientists Who Believed in God
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html

Not me.  The more I get into science the more I see the existence of God, through the Bible

Me too:

Checkable Biblical Accuracy
http://www.doesgodexist.org/Charts/CheckableBiblicalAccuracy.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 01:48:39 PM »
The the Universe and the Earth were made in 7000 years?   That's not science.  That's a metaphor.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »
I think the more educated you become the easier it is to accept Christianity. 

Not if you have been brain washed by the Liberal public school system, there's a reason why I send my son to a private Christian school!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »
Not if you have been brain washed by the Liberal public school system, there's a reason why I send my son to a private Christian school!

Good for you.  All four of mine go to a private Christian school too.  Expensive, but worth it. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »

It really boils down to what kind of brainwashing you want for your child doesn't it?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 02:02:13 PM »
It really boils down to what kind of brainwashing you want for your child doesn't it?

I not only send him to private school for the biblical teaching but for the moral teachings as well, the type of moral teachings that you won't find in public schools...now I know your probably going to say something like "moral teachings start in the home" and I agree, but in most Christian private schools the peer pressure is far far less than public schools!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 02:04:23 PM »
It seems the more educated we become, the further away from Christ and the word of God we end up....  God blessed us with the freedom of choice and the ability to learn why are people moving away from Christ?

Fucking egghead christian lunatics. Your entire school system is infiltrated with religious bullshit. Not suprising that the average US student in high school performs way lower than students from other western societies.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 02:04:33 PM »

Depends on how you define brainwashing.   :)  My kids are getting indoctrinated with all kinds of stuff.  (For example, they love the Lakers.  Hate the Cowboys.)

Seriously, do you recall the "Heather Has Two Mommies" controversy in New York?  Are they still using that book in the public school system?  That's a form of brainwashing IMO.    

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 02:10:20 PM »
Fucking egghead christian lunatics. Your entire school system is infiltrated with religious bullshit. Not suprising that the average US student in high school performs way lower than students from other western societies.

Your an idiot, they don't teach religion in public schools.........but they do teach "gay tolerance"...go figure!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 02:11:44 PM »
Your an idiot, they don't teach religion in public schools.........but they do teach "gay tolerance"...go figure!

In some states they refuse to teach evolution, yet they teach the theory of creation.

US students perform poorly compared to other students from the west.

Teaching gay tolerance = teaching to actually respect other people. You judgemental lunatic.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 02:12:56 PM »

Why is tolerance of homosexuality something wrong?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 02:15:35 PM »
In some states they refuse to teach evolution, yet they teach the theory of creation.

US students perform poorly compared to other students from the west.

Teaching gay tolerance = teaching to actually respect other people. You judgemental lunatic.

I'm not being judgemental if it's a fact. I'm in California, they don't teach religion in the public school systems and if the school is going to teach people respect it should be toward everyone.....you don't need a "special" class to teach that!!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »
Why is tolerance of homosexuality something wrong?

YIP
Zack

It's not wrong......why is teaching religion wrong, shouldn't both sides be taught??

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 02:17:15 PM »
I'm not being judgemental if it's a fact. I'm in California, they don't teach religion in the public school systems and if the school is going to teach people respect it should be toward everyone.....you don't need a "special" class to teach that!!

California is not the entire US you fool.

I see you teach your kids to respect everyone. Do your kids assault gay people on the street?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 02:32:03 PM »

I see you teach your kids to respect everyone. Do your kids assault gay people on the street?

Everyone means EVERYONE, if kids need to take a "gay tolerance" class to learn that, they belong in military school not public school!!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 02:33:08 PM »
Everyone means EVERYONE, if kids need to take a "gay tolerance" class to learn that, they belong in military school not public school!!

With christian lunatics like you in the US society, there is a huge need for gay tolerance classes.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 02:36:06 PM »
With christian lunatics like you in the US society, there is a huge need for gay tolerance classes.

Sounds like what you're talking about is forcing people to accept the homosexual lifestyle, not respecting every human being.  It is entirely possible to oppose behavior, but respect the person.  Unfortunately, some public schools are trying to shove this stuff down people's throats. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »
It's not wrong......why is teaching religion wrong, shouldn't both sides be taught??

The law gives homosexuals right to exist.

Right or wrong, the law says that homosexuals should be allowed to be homosexuals, and the law also protects the homos.

Now, a school should definitely teach kids to follow and respect the law.

At least that is my opinion.

So all schools should teach kids that homosexuals have a right to exist in society, that gay is a-okay.

As far as religion goes...

USA has freedom of religion, and thus it seems only logical that religion should be taken care of in private.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 03:20:11 PM »
I not only send him to private school for the biblical teaching but for the moral teachings as well, the type of moral teachings that you won't find in public schools...now I know your probably going to say something like "moral teachings start in the home" and I agree, but in most Christian private schools the peer pressure is far far less than public schools!

I agree with you.  wow,  how many things do we agree on now?   ;D