Author Topic: SUICIDE  (Read 2525 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
SUICIDE
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »
Last saturday morning I found out that my 42 year old cousin hung himself.  I am finding out that alot has happened to him in the past few months and now we as a afmily is finding out that he is bipolar.  I have and will always be there for anyone who just wants to talk about anything, but being the youngest male in my family I don't think any of them has gotten over that yet. 

The reason I am posting this is not for sympathy but rather to let everyone know that no matter how tough times get there is a friend out here for you find them.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL and an early Merry Christmas.

I have a tatoo on my right arm its a cross with the scripture, which helped me cope with my sister dying of cancer at 35 and now my mom being treated for cancer also.

Romans 8:18   "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

I am a grown ass man

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: SUICIDE
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
Hello. 

It sounds like you are holding up ok.  It is tough.

When people try to commit suicide b/c of a mental disease, they are not at fault b/c they are not thinking properly.  My sister tried to kill herself (Schizophrenia) and was spared only b/c her husband had fortuitously installed special circuit breakers days before her attempt (hairdryer in the bathtub).

My wife just recovered from breast cancer this last year.  That was about as tough as it could get for me.

Suffering builds character but sometimes it's a bit overdone.

I'm glad you can cope.  Good luck.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »
Last saturday morning I found out that my 42 year old cousin hung himself.  I am finding out that alot has happened to him in the past few months and now we as a afmily is finding out that he is bipolar.  I have and will always be there for anyone who just wants to talk about anything, but being the youngest male in my family I don't think any of them has gotten over that yet. 

The reason I am posting this is not for sympathy but rather to let everyone know that no matter how tough times get there is a friend out here for you find them.  GOD BLESS YOU ALL and an early Merry Christmas.

I have a tatoo on my right arm its a cross with the scripture, which helped me cope with my sister dying of cancer at 35 and now my mom being treated for cancer also.

Romans 8:18   "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

This is the reason why religion persists today.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »

Thank you for your heartfelt post bigandbrolic.  I'm very sorry for the loss of your cousin and your sister also.  I hope your mom is doing well.  I'm praying for you and your entire family.

Hello. 

When people try to commit suicide b/c of a mental disease, they are not at fault b/c they are not thinking properly.  My sister tried to kill herself (Schizophrenia) and was spared only b/c her husband had fortuitously installed special circuit breakers days before her attempt (hairdryer in the bathtub).

My wife just recovered from breast cancer this last year.  That was about as tough as it could get for me.

Decker, I'm glad your sister was not successful in her attempt.  I'm also glad your wife is doing well.  Prayers for you all also.

R

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »

it's always just a reminder that time here on earth is a VERY temporary thing, and to pretty much live one day at a time .....

the older ya get the more you'll come to understand

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:21:40 PM »

Thanks for sharing this.  You have a great outlook.  My condolences.  That verse is powerful.  I'll use it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 04:24:42 PM »
Hello. 

Congrats on your wife being a cancer survivor.  It's a terrible illness.  I have a friend who is fighting for his life right now. 

Suffering and any kind of hard times build character.  I actually call them "character building phases."  You are much better off when they're over, but they really suck when you're right in the middle of a phase. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 04:28:26 PM »
Hello. 

Perhaps our own MCWAY might say that this is all God's punishment for you for defending natural selection ;)

Seriously though, I sympathize with both you and the original poster.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 04:41:30 PM »

it's always just a reminder that time here on earth is a VERY temporary thing, and to pretty much live one day at a time .....

the older ya get the more you'll come to understand

AND the ONLY time we have...better make use of it!
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that you lost your sister at such a young age. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »
sorry for your loss the death of a loved one is never an easy thing to cope with, that is a great verse and really helps to put things into perspective...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...If God brought you to it, He will bring you through it...God Bless

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
Thank you for your support STella, Beach Bum, and columbusdude82.

You guys make this forum a very good place to be.

bigandbrolic, the holidays really test us so keep the faith.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 02:59:49 PM »
Commiserations pal.

ta ta 
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 03:44:54 PM »
I am not religious, I AM A CHRISTIAN, I Jesus Christ died for my sins and that I can receive salvation through him.
GOD BLESS

Out of sympathy for your emotional turmoil I will not challenge the ludicrous statement above as I normally would. Consider it a Christmas gift in honour of the alleged Jesus of Nazareth.
I hate the State.