Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 240822 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #7650 on: May 12, 2024, 06:49:37 AM »
Jumping with weight is a great power exercise. I think you have to use light weights so it reduces the chances of injury but increase intensity by jumping with all you got. I couldn't see using anything other than light weights jumping with a barbell or dumbbell. If I wanted to use heavy weights I would use a power clean or a snatch for a power developing exercise.
I think it would be like plyometrics which i have used before, yes power cleans are an excellent exercise.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7651 on: May 12, 2024, 07:03:34 AM »
I train very simply these days..back to the roots. Like in Martial arts you go a full circle & return to being a humble white belt.
Incidentally i question more & more the bowing & ass licking in some martial arts.
I watched a video the other day where some guy was begging an Okinawan master to train him multiple times.
I mean go into a boxing Gym or Sambo in Russia do they lick the trainers ass? respect yes but not crawling like a snail to some guy who probably works in a bank.
I actually experienced this years ago with a Jui Jitsu (Japanese) Sensei.
Guy really loved the bowing & kissing his ass. He worked in a Bank & probably never had a real fight in his life.
At the time i was working for Baker Hughes the US Oil Firm & worked later when a Tool was needed on a drilling platform. showered there & went to training. Got to the mats & some guy said, stop ! Sensei has to allow your entry on to the mats. I said just fuck off & walked on the mats.
I left to join another club doing Judo as they thought i was a rough guy  ::)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7652 on: May 12, 2024, 08:06:54 AM »
I like it very old school