Author Topic: Beasts of Iron  (Read 1489 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Beasts of Iron
« on: December 20, 2019, 01:24:49 PM »
Joined a 3rd gym yesterday (next door to my work) as it has much better kit than the Crunch I was going to for my 2-hour lunch breaks.
(This should knock it back to 1.5 hours while I wait the few months for that Crunch membership to expire).

Anyways, 4 nice power-racks in a row (or course only 1 was being used, loneliest place in the gym) which was good for me it was squat day.
One beast proceeded to setup a 7 foot Olympic bar, with the 25 bumpers on it, and then was doing his curls in the squat rack while grunting like a loud iron-beast.
He then slammed it down hard, looked around at everyone w/ the mad stink-eye, like a raging beast. Not a muscle on him.
His 95-pound swinging curls were something to behold.

Gym isn't bad though, only saw one douche on his phone for the whole 80 minute workout I did, most were working hard, keeping to themselves.
People put their weights away and took care of the place. (The Spanish gym I go to, no one puts anything away, all they do is use their phone, sing out loud, etc).
Werd demographic thing. Most don't know how to train properly. One guy loaded 4 plates on each side for Hammer Strength high lat rows.

He held the handles, and rocked his body back & forth violently, while the weights maybe moved a half-inch. (His arms stayed straight, not a lat was used).

Gym idiot candidates for sure... Joined my first gym in 1979, 40 years later, wow what a change..

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: Beasts of Iron
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »
Good grief I don't know what else to do, that was one of my better sets of Hammer Strength high lat rows.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 03:07:14 PM »
Thanks for the report.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 02:43:40 AM »
I guess this guy is an Iron Beast, his shirt says so...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSDBpgxFURw/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 03:13:21 AM »

I didn't know polio still existed.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 03:22:58 AM »

What a fucking animal !!   LOL  ;D

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 02:19:35 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 03:35:08 AM »

How do you get that huge?

Bhank is jealous.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 03:49:11 AM »
How do you get that huge?

Bhank is jealous.
Eat a lot of food.  A lot of food.

Virgil

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 04:33:35 AM »
Closest gym to my house is a trainwreck, every bench has a douche staring at his phone sitting on it ( with headphones of course). Every chick is walking around in skintight spandex thinking they're the hottest chick on the planet ( I'm gangster! Look at my dopey tattoos!). Also anybody that uses the power rack makes as much noise as possible ( look at all this weight I'm lifting!) So most of the time I lift at home...fuck it

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 05:13:04 AM »
Closest gym to my house is a trainwreck, every bench has a douche staring at his phone sitting on it ( with headphones of course). Every chick is walking around in skintight spandex thinking they're the hottest chick on the planet ( I'm gangster! Look at my dopey tattoos!). Also anybody that uses the power rack makes as much noise as possible ( look at all this weight I'm lifting!) So most of the time I lift at home...fuck it

It can be both comical and annoying in gyms these days.
I remember in the late 70's/early 80's (and even into the 90's) it was just hardcore people/trainers (Only) in gyms.

FuckTardz all over these days...

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 05:21:07 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2021, 05:21:14 AM »
Incredible the sights you see in a gym. I could write a book.  I could list the usual like guys short stroking lifts so they can lift the heaviest weights, or guys sitting in machines like it's chair  but I will leave you with this.

For a couple of years before covid I was working out in a hard core dungeon of a gym. It has everything you need but the machines are all 30 years plus old. I'm in the gym one day and this guy who I know is a convict starts screaming at this guy threatening to kill him. It goes back and forth for awhile  but after awhile other guy just ignored him. He was on a bench doing skull crushers and the convict has a 25lbs plate in his hand holding it above his head going insane. The gym owner separates the two.

I asked the convict what was that about? He said he was in the bathroom changing and the other guy wanted to know if he wanted head.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 02:17:17 PM »
F

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2021, 03:42:09 PM »
Thanks for the report.
Needs more detail.
T

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 04:26:26 PM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »
Joined a 3rd gym yesterday (next door to my work) as it has much better kit than the Crunch I was going to for my 2-hour lunch breaks.
(This should knock it back to 1.5 hours while I wait the few months for that Crunch membership to expire).

Anyways, 4 nice power-racks in a row (or course only 1 was being used, loneliest place in the gym) which was good for me it was squat day.
One beast proceeded to setup a 7 foot Olympic bar, with the 25 bumpers on it, and then was doing his curls in the squat rack while grunting like a loud iron-beast.
He then slammed it down hard, looked around at everyone w/ the mad stink-eye, like a raging beast. Not a muscle on him.
His 95-pound swinging curls were something to behold.

Gym isn't bad though, only saw one douche on his phone for the whole 80 minute workout I did, most were working hard, keeping to themselves.
People put their weights away and took care of the place. (The Spanish gym I go to, no one puts anything away, all they do is use their phone, sing out loud, etc).
Werd demographic thing. Most don't know how to train properly. One guy loaded 4 plates on each side for Hammer Strength high lat rows.

He held the handles, and rocked his body back & forth violently, while the weights maybe moved a half-inch. (His arms stayed straight, not a lat was used).

Gym idiot candidates for sure... Joined my first gym in 1979, 40 years later, wow what a change..

Stop gawking at these goofballs and think about adjusting your focus in the gym.
The only thing that would distract me is a hotty bent over in yoga pants or ...
an elephant seal trying to mount me.*

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »
Everyone stares at his phone, films each and every set and has a “coach” (whom, they say, requires the footage).

Clown World.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2021, 05:29:33 AM »
Everyone stares at his phone, films each and every set and has a “coach” (whom, they say, requires the footage).

Clown World.
These personal trainers must be laughing their asses off behind the scenes. 

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 07:13:23 AM »
I went back to a local gym in MA to use for a couple days a week, just to get out of my house/home gym.

Its 95% Spanish folks, everyone keeps to themselves. The only thing they suck at is putting anything away. Zero gym etiquette.
500 lb deadlift bars left loaded in middle of floor, etc. Benches / machines always loaded up w/ plates, etc.

Lots of large Brazilian booty in Yoga pants at least. Mostly nice people all around...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
I went back to a local gym in MA to use for a couple days a week, just to get out of my house/home gym.

Its 95% Spanish folks, everyone keeps to themselves. The only thing they suck at is putting anything away. Zero gym etiquette.
500 lb deadlift bars left loaded in middle of floor, etc. Benches / machines always loaded up w/ plates, etc.

Lots of large Brazilian booty in Yoga pants at least. Mostly nice people all around...
How are those Brazilians going to like the winter?