Author Topic: OTH'S 60 day diet, pics in  (Read 373137 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
shit man, i really gotta take this statement to heart, coz i've always considered myself to be a physique artist anyways ;D

another quote that i need to take to heart, so should i throw away my scale, tape measure and calipers ???

You don't have to throw them away, just realize their function as a tool to gauge progress...but remember all that matters is how you actually look.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Steaks ok on this diet?

I'm thinking of grabbing two 1.2-1.3 lbs ribeyes for this weekend. This way I can eat something very nutricious and fatty and still be in a caloric deficit once the workouts are done.

And you do? When was the last time you posted a clear pic of your build?

2 weeks ago

i dont remember your pics

funny that
T

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Read the link that disgusted posted...this was news to me as well but it makes sense after reading the studies there and just what I already know about collagen synthesis

Really  ???, so way is then  cosmetic surgery so massive  ;D ;D ;D

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?

agreed w hunger being a good yardstick for potential fatburning.

do I think you have to be hungry all the time to be burning fat all the time? no.

hunger is a physiological/ psychological response to the bodues demand for calories for fuel. in the absense of calories your body is forced to go to it's fat reserves for fuel. once you create this environment I don't think you need hunger 24/7 to burn fat. say your on your 3rd day of a cycle taking in 800-1000 cal a day. but your only hungry half of the time are you only burning fat when you are hungry? in this massive a deficit I'd think you'd be burning fat all the time. the body ramps up it's thermic effect to burn off or utilizes the cals ingested during the meal and the rest of the time it spends scavaging fat reserves for fuel.

so I think it's highly possible if not probable when in a severe calorie deficit to indeed be burning fat even in the absense of hunger.
b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?

so should i throw away my scale, tape measure and calipers ???

yes.

what good are any of them? if you can't tell from the mirror your making improvments then you aren't. it's that simple.

b

ukjeff

yes.

what good are any of them? if you can't tell from the mirror your making improvments then you aren't. it's that simple.

How is he going to know when he gets to 5%?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
i have wondered about this too and think to get really lean, theres no way around it.

i also have wonder if one can lose fat while glycogen stores are full (doubtfull)and how far depleted they have to be until fatburning kicks in.

but one thing is for sure, hunger means burning fat.

This is why I've been contemplating on cheating with mostly fats. There's studies out there stating glycogen depletion enhances fat loss. Downside obviously being not getting that boost in the gym but at least the satiation effect is even greater with higher fats for me.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
This is why I've been contemplating on cheating with mostly fats. There's studies out there stating glycogen depletion enhances fat loss. Downside obviously being not getting that boost in the gym but at least the satiation effect is even greater with higher fats for me.
Sometimes I like a slightly fatter women just change it up a bit. Serious fats are long change energy carbs 4 cals, protein 4 cals, fats 9 what does that say the energy last longer. Vince Gironda always recommended a low carb high fat diet it worked for him. I got to have my Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich everyday.  8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
How is he going to know when he gets to 5%?

and people here keep saying that i'll never weigh 181 :'( :'( :'(

Borracho

• Getbig V
Sometimes I like a slightly fatter women just change it up a bit. Serious fats are long change energy carbs 4 cals, protein 4 cals, fats 9 what does that say the energy last longer. Vince Gironda always recommended a low carb high fat diet it worked for him. I got to have my Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich everyday.  8)

Love it!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I've read that excess protein gets converted to glucose and ends up as fat. I know bodybuilders are loathe to admit that you can have too much protein but is there a point where the positive becomes a negative?

Borracho

• Getbig V
I've read that excess protein gets converted to glucose and ends up as fat. I know bodybuilders are loathe to admit that you can have too much protein but is there a point where the positive becomes a negative?

Any excess calories will be stored for future use as fat or muscle. With protein I think you maximize your chances at that storage to be what we're all after...muscle.

Replacing protein calories with carbs for me when overeating has always been a disaster.

ukjeff

The point is that its very difficult to overeat lean protein sources if thats all you are eating.
You just cant stomach it and start getting sick of it very quickly, thats the key to success with gals diet, you just stop eating.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
The point is that its very difficult to overeat lean protein sources if thats all you are eating.
You just cant stomach it and start getting sick of it very quickly, thats the key to success with gals diet, you just stop eating.

No, argument, here. In fact, the no-white-carb argument makes more sense when you factor in that bbers tend to push the protein envelope and that some of it probably ends up as glycogen.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I did not want to get into this one, however I 100% disagree here and most experts will disagree with me and few will not.

Protein will not convert to fat, no matter what is my belief and I will stick to it no matter what studies and no matter what so called experts say.

I came across an article by a biologist ( I will find out his name later) he came up with this around ten years ago, he specialized in the components that make up the fat content in the bodies and compared them to the amino acids that were broken down from protein molecules and he said for protein to convert to fat from an element (periodic table) point of view is equivalent to changing silver to gold.

He continued to say it is 100% a chemical impossibility. Same reason your fat can not convert to muscle, they are simple to different compounds. As far as calories are concerned, the body always utilities protein calories at a steady rate even though your metabolism is high or low or your starving or not, protein calories are steady and will always be burned and never be stored.

So I know after reading the above ^^^ you are dying to ask ''well what happens if you eat too much protein?

Here is the answer. you can not eat to much protein because after a certain amount above what your body is accustom you will simply get the runs and your body will shut down and not produce the specific digestive enzymes that is required for the protein to be absorb, hence your calories will not be absorbed and you will also have organ problems

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Exactly but more importantly your body has a limit on the amount of digestive enzymes that break down and absorb protein molecules.

Like people who are lactose intolerant, no matter how much milk they drink, not one calorie will be absorbed because their body does not produce the enzymes to break down the glucose called ''lactose'' hence the term lactose intolerant'

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher

yes.

You are 100% right but stats are and can be a motivational factor for most and if they can fuel their fire inside and motivate them to excel, then why not,... People who have a 40 inch waist their whole life will step it up into high gear if they see they that their waist is only 36 inches.

So it can serve a purpose for some, however not a necessity

Personally next time I step on stage I will not use the scale, calipers or any type of measurement just the mirror, however this time around I will for information sake for those who are following closely.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I will further elaborate on how the body works in terms of hormones.

I will break it down;

When you eats macro nutrients

The macro nutrients get absorbed by different types of digestive enzymes that also divide them into different types of glucose, amino acids and fats.

Once this process is complete everything gets thrown into the blood stream and it will remain into the blood stream until these broken down macro nutrients get thrown into their proper place.

It takes a hormone to move or transport a nutrient from the blood stream to a cell.

If testosterone is present then muscle cells will open up and absorption will be increased.

If other hormone are present then they will dictate where something goes.

Once glycogen has been circulating the blood stream for too long then the bodies hormones will respond by storing the glycogen into the fat cell, hence it will convert to fat and become part of your body.

Now the only hormone that does not care what it transfers in the a cell is insulin, which is why it is the most powerful hormone in the body because it throw any nutrient and every nutrient into the cell, primarily into the muscle cell and secondarily in the fat cell when too much insulin is present.

Now what is my point?

My point is there is no such a hormone that takes the broken down protein molecules that transfers them into a fat cell, it does not exist, therefor the broken down calories from protein can not be stored inside a fat cell without a specific hormone to dictate where it goes.

Also glucose can not stay in the blood for longer the 96 hours and neither can fat, actual fat has way lower window, but protein has been shown to stay circulating in the blood for 10 days, therefor it will never be stored as fat, it will always be utilized.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
With all due respect OTH, until you have scientific evidence to support your claims this is merely a speculation. I always believed that protein can turn into glucose and then be stored as glycogen but I simply don't know, I have no evidence to support either claims.

It has nothing to do with how effective this approach is tbh. With so few calories you just can't afford cutting protein and throwing carbs there because then you would have not enough protein. Then you have to consider the fact that protein has slightly higher TEF which most likely is beneficial when you have very low BF. And most of all, satiety level of protein calories is highest.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
With all due respect OTH, until you have scientific evidence to support your claims this is merely a speculation. I always believed that protein can turn into glucose and then be stored as glycogen but I simply don't know, I have no evidence to support either claims.

It has nothing to do with how effective this approach is tbh.
I do though, show me the hormone that transports the broken down protein molecules into the fat cell.

You know nothing moves without a hormone right? We already know all the hormones that do what they do. Nothing can enter a cell without a hormone. It is deductive logic.

Also why is protein molecules still in the blood stream after 10 days, obviously because they have no where to go until they are used.

I have more then enough to back this but this is not even important in terms of our diet, that is why I did not want to bring it up. I know every component of the body, and I have studied this for 1000's of hour i really can not explain processes to people who do not know how the body functions, it would be speaking another language to them.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Lots of fake scientists in this thread.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
What's all this talk about protein, carbohydrates, fat, insulin, glucose, etc? Everyone knows a calorie is a calorie.

Breakfast:  Gummy bears and onion rings

Lunch: Pork Chops and Pixie Stix

Dinner: Cole Slaw and biscuits

Mr Universe here I come!
a

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
What's all this talk about protein, carbohydrates, fat, insulin, glucose, etc? Everyone knows a calorie is a calorie.

Mr Universe here I come!
:)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

Mr Universe here I come!
As long as you meet the daily nutrition requirements. You might need a multivitamin as well.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Lots of fake scientists in this thread.
I am the real deal bro. I have put my back into this knowledge for 20 years relentlessly and have brought many people onto the stage in their all time best condition. I learn everyday of my life.  ;)