Author Topic: Eagles Cut Trotter??  (Read 2924 times)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Eagles Cut Trotter??
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:51:52 AM »
WTF, under the cap, building depth at LB, heart of the defense, 2 more games to go in training camp. Does not make sense. I understand the desired to get younger but why cut a veteran leader right before the start of what you hope is a super bowl run. fuck!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Eagles Cut Trotter??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »
I'll tell you why. Because although Trotter is a great run stuffer, he's a major liability in coverage and essentially has become a first and second down player. The Eagles are looking at other players with more speed in zone coverage who offer more versatility, are younger, and for cap reasons........cheaper. He's also had some durability issues in the past few years.

It's a business, plain and simple. He'll catch on somewhere else. He's 30 with maybe has a couple of productive years left.

Don't be suprised if Jevon Kearse is next to go as well. I personally feel he's been a major bust since coming to the Eagles and he has not lived up to his contract.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:35:05 AM »
I'll tell you why. Because although Trotter is a great run stuffer, he's a major liability in coverage and essentially has become a first and second down player. The Eagles are looking at other players with more speed in zone coverage who offer more versatility, are younger, and for cap reasons........cheaper. He's also had some durability issues in the past few years.

It's a business, plain and simple. He'll catch on somewhere else. He's 30 with maybe has a couple of productive years left.

Don't be suprised if Jevon Kearse is next to go as well. I personally feel he's been a major bust since coming to the Eagles and he has not lived up to his contract.
I understand business but for a team that is under the cap, and he is making reasonable (2.5 mil) money and our weak point is the run which he excells at and brings a fire to the emotional part it does not make sense. Moving Spikes inside and playing gaither outside could have still been done by keeping Trotter as a part time player. Nobody that is currently there thats any good is going to be lost in cuts. Even if you are thinking about it wait till preseason is over in case of injury. What happens if spikes blows a knee in the next game? We go with Gaither in the middle and Mccoy at weak and Gocong at strong, that is trouble waiting to happen.

As for Kearse, it is what it is. He signed a fat contract based on his first two years in the league and is not that player. He is still better then about 1/3 to 1/2 of the starting DE's out there. I agree it's his last year with the way they drafter this year as well as Howard. It's all about being young.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 06:55:36 AM »
WTF, under the cap, building depth at LB, heart of the defense, 2 more games to go in training camp. Does not make sense. I understand the desired to get younger but why cut a veteran leader right before the start of what you hope is a super bowl run. fuck!!!

Breaks a Giant fans heart :'(

;)

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »
I thought he was having a pretty good training camp...but it makes sense to me. He clearly isn't the player he once was. I think Gaither will do a decent job in there, I just worry about him wearing down for the long hall kind of like Mark Simoneau did.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:19:07 PM »
This is what happens when you take T.O.'s side over McNabbs.

It's McNabbs team now, bitch.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 06:31:29 AM »

Breaks a Giant fans heart :'(

;)
AHh come talk to me when we beat you twice this year... ;D

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »

Doesn't matter. Cowboys are owning that division this year.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 01:18:12 PM »

Just 1 time a year. ;D

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 08:32:30 AM »

Just 1 time a year. ;D
Nope we are running the table again.. ;D

Cartel-The cowboys...Yech not even if Homo has a career year... ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »

Uhm..you must of missed Plexico catching the winning TD in overtime in game 2 last year ;)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »

Uhm..you must of missed Plexico catching the winning TD in overtime in game 2 last year ;)
I try to blot the horriable collapse out of my mind, thanks... ;D