Author Topic: Apparently Martyn Ford would rip Brock Lesnar apart  (Read 10022 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Apparently Martyn Ford would rip Brock Lesnar apart
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 02:50:22 AM »
"[Lesnar] finished his amateur [wrestling] career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, the 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion and the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight Champion, with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesnar#Early_life
All that wrestling success and he's not even a good mma fighter (very limited).  He would crush Ford with no training for the fight.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 06:41:49 AM »
According to this genius. Yes, a bodybuilder who's never had a competitive fight in any discipline beats a guy who's trained in FIGHTING for most of his life and has won championships.

Agree, think the tattoos and the bald head give him the edge. ::)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:32 AM »
All that wrestling success and he's not even a good mma fighter (very limited).  He would crush Ford with no training for the fight.

His tattoos and bald head will give him the edge though.

After all, we are all just systems programs.
Q

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 10:36:33 AM »

Also his mean stares!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 02:48:03 PM »
He's enormous but most likely has no defense against Darren's face bites and McLeanian kill moves.

To all Martyn nuthuggers... save some bitcoins for an extra big coffin with tribal stickers glued onto it.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2018, 02:53:37 PM »

Lesnar has tats as well so that cancels out Ford's.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 09:27:40 AM »
Who did ford sign with? When is his first fight?
irongearco.com

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 09:32:21 AM »
Who did ford sign with? When is his first fight?

He signed with KSW for three fights.

He will fight in 2019.

He seems to be popular in Poland judging by the video :D
(drawing even more fans than the wrestler Virgil)
Q

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 09:51:51 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA according to his insta page the fight may not happen now, hes gone back to bulking! Maybe realised weights don't hit back,people do. DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH big biceps mean im hard

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA according to his insta page the fight may not happen now, hes gone back to bulking! Maybe realised weights don't hit back,people do. DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH big biceps mean im hard

Stupid fucker is worse than Dan Hill.  Dan Hill was much stronger in the gym, too.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
Stupid fucker is worse than Dan Hill.  Dan Hill was much stronger in the gym, too.

There's 80kg power lifters in my gym lift more than this bloated sack of shit

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2018, 11:27:36 AM »
That was a quick career.  Probably sparred some nobody and got his ass kicked all over the mat and the reality set in.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2018, 11:48:48 AM »
I’m beyond fatigued with this horseshit.

The reason size isn’t a dramatic determining factor in modern MMA is because ... there are weight divisions.

In a general, mainstream sense, factually, size and strength is THE determining factor in a physical altercation.

Of course skill can bridge gaps, and it does wonderfully when that skill set reaches a particularly high level, but even then, to suggest size and strength isn’t extremely effective is purely cataclysmic ignorance and naďveté.

Fighting is movement. Muscle produces movement. Movement powered with great force is devastating. Great size absorbs punishment far better, in a broad sense, than does small size.

Do I think Ford will “clean house”? I have zero idea.

Too many unknowns to consider.

But the nonsense has got to stop.

Walk into a real jui jitsu school. Ask to wrestle the smallest blue belt. I bet you would change your opinion.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 12:12:26 PM »

That was a very fast but efficient fighting career :)
Q

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2018, 07:57:54 PM »
Walk into a real jui jitsu school. Ask to wrestle the smallest blue belt. I bet you would change your opinion.

I’ve grappled with very skilled tiny tits.

They knew what they were doing. Their skillset impressed me.

And I mostly broke their holds and I picked them up countless times and slammed them.

One black belt friend gave me the nickname “Gun Turret” because he couldn’t effectively work anything on to me.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 11:22:25 PM »

And I mostly broke their holds and I picked them up countless times and slammed them.

One black belt friend gave me the nickname “Gun Turret” because he couldn’t effectively work anything on to me.

They called me "Hemingway". :D
Q

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2018, 11:36:54 PM »
They called me "Hemingway". :D

Did you throw a grenade under the latrine and walk away?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2018, 11:42:46 PM »
This guy watched himself in undisputed 4 too many times and forgot it was just a movie.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2018, 01:21:40 AM »

Fartress the lethal weapon, lol. Why not tell Getbiggers the truth? You are a fat pussy keyboard warrior who got knocked out by a drunken creampuff in front of bouncers who were embarrassed to have you on their team.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2018, 01:45:35 AM »
Fartress the lethal weapon, lol. Why not tell Getbiggers the truth? You are a fat pussy keyboard warrior who got knocked out by a drunken creampuff in front of bouncers who were embarrassed to have you on their team.

I thought Fortress is a long-time industry insider?

PS - more details on that drunken fight please.  Sounds interesting.  Are you sure you are not confusing Fortress for Mike Quinn?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2018, 01:48:36 AM »
I understand the power of trained fighters.

I get that, for example, Georges St-Pierre would beat fellow French Canadian, and 8x Canada's Strongest Man Jean-Francois Caron in a fight.

Although I did ask a friend of mine who competes in wrestling in the 250-lb category [120-kg? -ish], and he told me that Caron's body weight advantage would give St-Pierre some difficulty.  But as we learned from The Mountain versus McGregor short fighting clip on YouTube, it seems pretty clear any UFC fighter in the lightweight class [155-lb] or heavier would beat any strongman competitor - unless that strongman has a wrestling background.

Is that more or less accepted fact, or am I off?

Also, my wrestling friend is very strong, and squatted 700-lb in competition last year.  So I trust his judgment on these matters.  His name is Ronnie Bingham, and a few of his wrestling matches are - or were - on YouTube, including a match he had with the 250-lb+ competitor who placed 8th at the most recent Olympics for wrestling.

He did not say that Jean-Francois Caron would beat Georges St-Pierre in a fight, just that the weight disparity would give Georges a challenge.  For all I know, that might mean the fight is over in 90 seconds instead of 9 seconds, as with Georges versus a normal-sized person who does not train for fighting.  Georges is 5'10.5" and walks around at 185-lb or so...sometimes closer to 195-lb [but he said the weight was mostly water - and presumably fat - and didn't do him much good].  Jean-Francois is 6'4 and probably weighs 325-lb or more.  I don't believe he has exceeded 350-lb yet, but he may have been north of 340-lb, which is crazy - even more crazy to think that The Mountain, as well as Brian Shaw and some other top strongman are nearly 100-lb heavier than that.

Even Dimitar Savatinov was 330-lb.  He is my height [5'8.5"] and placed 7th in 2015, which is INSANE for a man under six feet - he's even under 5'10 for that matter.  Vytautas Lalas came the closest prior to Dimitar - although slightly taller, he also performed better by placing 2nd in the 2013 World's Strongest Man to countryman Zydrunas Savickas.  The look of sadness at the placing was palpable on Vytautas' face.  Imagine how it would feel to come second, knowing the risks involved to be competitive at that level?  And after that huge effort...knowing you have to do it all over again.

Anyway, long post for a simple question:

How much wrestling training would it need for the average fit/strong man [say - who bench presses over 225-lb, deadlifts over 405-lb...your normal strong young man who trains] for that fit/strong man to beat the female fighters in fights?

I'm assuming that even the top females in the world would be out-wrestled by more or less any male college or university wrestler.  Is that safe to say, or am I mising something?

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2018, 02:17:31 AM »
Haku Meng kicks all their asses anyway.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2018, 02:58:06 AM »
Haku Meng kicks all their asses anyway.

Darren - you seem like the man to ask: if Georges St-Pierre had to fight Jean-Francois Caron in an actual judged MMA fight in The Octagon, how would that fight go down?

A friend of mine who follows MMA and bets on it extensively said it would be a 20-second fight, simply comprising of Georges punching Jean-Francois in the face with two extremely well-planted punches.

Would you say that sums it up - or do you think the fight would give Georges more trouble than that?  My friend [mentioned in my previous post] who wrestles in the 250-lb+ weight category said Jean-Francois would give Georges more trouble than that, given that he is 5.5 inches taller, and 140-lb heavier than Georges.

What do you make of this hypothetical fight?  Essentially, any welterweight fighter versus a world level stronman.  I'm just using GSP and JFC in this example since they are both French Canadian, and illustrate the scenario I am curious about quite well.

Could Jean-Francois do anything to Georges?  ???

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2018, 03:00:03 AM »
Darren - you seem like the man to ask: if Georges St-Pierre had to fight Jean-Francois Caron in an actual judged MMA fight in The Octagon, how would that fight go down?

A friend of mine who follows MMA and bets on it extensively said it would be a 20-second fight, simply comprising of Georges punching Jean-Francois in the face with two extremely well-planted punches.

Would you say that sums it up - or do you think the fight would give Georges more trouble than that?  My friend [mentioned in my previous post] who wrestles in the 250-lb+ weight category said Jean-Francois would give Georges more trouble than that, given that he is 5.5 inches taller, and 140-lb heavier than Georges.

What do you make of this hypothetical fight?  Essentially, any welterweight fighter versus a world level stronman.  I'm just using GSP and JFC in this example since they are both French Canadian, and illustrate the scenario I am curious about quite well.

Could Jean-Francois do anything to Georges?  ???
GOTTA THINK BIG MATT!
No parshes.
Q

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2018, 03:31:15 AM »

oldtimer you have a great point  a 150 well trained mma fighter woulkd kick most people off the streets ass,