Author Topic: Milk,  (Read 703 times)

Deebo

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Milk,
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:45:48 PM »
     Back in 1998 through early 2000 I began to add skim milk into my diet because it was the cheapest source of protein I could afford and I just plain loved it.  I went to boot camp in feb of 2000 and continued drinking the milk they provided in chow hall all through out boot camp and AIT (advanced individual training.)  When I came home I noticed I could not drink the regular milk as I once had before I left for training. To this Day I haven't been able to drink milk without having the serous shit's and fart's!

I'm not completely lactose intollerant however, I still manage to eat cheese and ice cream without having those same side effects as the milk.  I would seriously like to reincorparate milk back into my diet!  What options are available to make this happen?  I was thinking of soy but have no idea what it taste like.  Does anyone use soy milk in there diet?  Is there some sort of over the counter medicine I could take once a day like for heart burn? 

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
Re: Milk,
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 01:01:03 AM »

mental_masturbator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 02:15:30 AM »
I feel your pain.  Lactaid and Dairy Ease brand milk is kind to my lactose-sensitive system.  Yogurt (normal of frozen) is fine too.  Other milk stuff is off-limits unless I take the Lactaid lactase enzyme, which is too pricey, IMO, so I just do without. 

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 04:19:35 AM »
Yeah i drink a liter of milk at work wiht my lunch... I pitty everyone around me, because as much as i try to hold in my nasty huge farts, some inevitably sneak out.   :-[