Author Topic: help with diet please!  (Read 704 times)

Rosmo

• Getbig I
help with diet please!
« on: November 19, 2008, 04:15:36 AM »
hey all,

well ive recently started a bodyfat reduction diet (2 weeks in) and was wondering if im on the right track..

fyi im 5'8 and weigh 80kg (177lb)

my bulking diet was around 3100 calories made up of 300g protein 250g carbs and 100g fat

ive worked out the calories i require for maintenance is around 2500-2600 calories...

to lose fat ive started eating around 2300 calories (300g 150g 55g) on training days and 2000 on non-training days (250g 100g 65g)

the foods i eat consist of:

oats
protein shakes
tuna
chicken breast
fish
sweet potato
salad

i have also been doing cardio for 40mins 5-6 times a week....

well my question is:  is there anything major im stuffing up on, or am i going about all ok.. lol

also ive been toying with the idea of carbing up every 4-5 days... what is everyones opinion on this??..

any advice would be very much appreciated!!.. thanks!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: help with diet please!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »
Looks good.  Maybe consider some beans (like canned lentils) and veggies as low carb options which will give you both volume and micronutrients.

I always need to drop intensity & volume in the gym when dieting and increasing cardio, but I'm a weak old man.  ;)

Rosmo

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:57:14 PM »
loll.. nah somehow i manage to train with the same intensity whether im dieting or not... it just means i need more sleep at night... so 150g carbs a day isnt too much for my weight??...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
A g/lb of body weight is ok for me.  I can't sustain intensity in a workout with too few carbs.  When I've only got one good set in me for an exercise and the following sets are shit, I know it's time to up the carbs.

You might be different tho.  Lots of guys love lower carbs.  You could try dropping down and see how it goes, and listen to what your body is saying.

littlechris

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »
your foods look good, but there is more to it than that. break down your diet, meal for meal and i will help you and make a diet for ya.  and no you dont need any cardio at all if u are training heavy with weights.